Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird Tingling Feelings...

Re: Weird Tingling Feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namast�

This is 'standard issue' as one practices... Many experiences of this nature are called out in our upaniṣad-s, tantra-s, via various dhāraṇa-s� and the like. They come and go like clouds.

iti śivaṁ

1. dhāraṇa ~ practices; the act of holding; retention , preserving , protecting , maintaining
    Dear Yajvan ji,
    Which upanishad speaks of such experiences ? Can you throw some light ?

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Dear WebImpulse,

A rule of meditation is ... pay no attention to all your experiences... ignore.
    ofcourse thats not to say that if you feel a snake on your feet you ignore it !

but more importantly ... avoid experiences ... remain with the meditation itself. I suspect that such experiences could be because of a overly sensitive mind ... but even an overly sensitive mind is not advisable in my view ...
    you have to see yourself as unaffected by mind
    not discover new experiences, feelings etc.

One Suggestion I can give: find a good guru [I would suggest Arsha Vidhya Gurukul or Ramakrishna Mission or Chinmaya Mission. ].

Please dont mind my views ... I am no guru so what I say is as a friend and a friendly opinion. We like to feel nice about these experiences, but they can many times turn out to be unnecessary hurdles along the way. The moment we feel special about them we tend to encourage them and when we encourage, the mind functions more and more in those paths giving us even more experiences of such sort.

Crux of Meditation is not to get a new experience. It is to remain independent and unaffected by mind ... in other words, discovery that I am not the Mind is meditation.
    Though in this process some lulling of mind may be necessary.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Dear friends ,
    There are millions of universes beyond our universe . Time is a circle and what goes up comes down and vice versa . Now all these universes are filled with entities , some are good and some bad . When meditation is done , in the initial stages , the beings from other worlds , can easily enter our psyche and play with our conciouness .So it is better to have some manthra or image where some protection is ensued .After reaching an advanced stage , may be the need is surpassed . I think , Gopikrishna , who gave his experiences in kundalini journey , might have passed through those terryfying experiences because he did not have any manthra or guru .But his dauntless pursual had ultimately gave success to him.Any way mine is a suggestion to all seekers . ---- saswathy

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    Crux of Meditation is not to get a new experience. It is to remain independent and unaffected by mind ... in other words, discovery that I am not the Mind is meditation.[/B] Though in this process some lulling of mind may be necessary.
    Excellent comment!

Yes , the intention of meditation is not to get experiences . On the other hand the experiences or expectation of experiences act as stumbling blocks in the smooth sailing in the journey. But they are inevitable and necessary mile stones .It is not easy to get in to the mindless state in meditation . Actually in the mindless state even Ananda can not be felt . We can say it is a state of different conciosness

Thread Information