Thread: Search for Aditya Hrudayam ?

Question Search for Aditya Hrudayam ?

Namaste ...

Yesterday I was trying to find the origin of Aditya Hrudayam, most popular mantra of Surya , in Ramayana. It is said that Aditya Hridayam stotra is mentioned in 105th Sarga of Yuddha Khand of Ramayana epic.

So I started to look into Ramayana to find it. I checked 105th sarga , But I didn't find there Aditya Hridaya Shlokas. How did it happen ?

So here I want help from someone to find where it is actually mentioned in Ramayana . I hope someone will solve this issue.

Thank You.

Hari On!

Re: Search for Aditya Hrudayam ?

Namaskar HK,

The whole Aditya Hridaya verses are mentioned in chapter 105 of Yuddha Kanda.

Please go through link below.
    http://www.valmikiramayan.net/utf8/y..._105_frame.htm
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Thumbs Up Re: Search for Aditya Hrudayam ?

Quote Originally Posted by isavasya View Post
    Namaskar HK,

The whole Aditya Hridaya verses are mentioned in chapter 105 of Yuddha Kanda.

Please go through link below.
    http://www.valmikiramayan.net/utf8/y..._105_frame.htm
    It's confusing , I have seen 2-3 different versions of ADITYA HRIDAYAM on internet . I checked 105th sarga of Ramayana in Sanskrit. There is no aditya Hridayam. There is something different. Please check 105th sarga of this yuddha khanda of Ramyana in Sanskrit http://www.astrojyoti.com/pdfs/Devan...na6_yuddha.pdf

Thanks for giving me that link.
    Hari On!

Re: Search for Aditya Hrudayam ?

Thanks HK for the link in Sanskrit. I am not at my home right now but when I will be in my hometown I will verify where exactly Aditya Hridya slokas are located through reading the hard copy. Astryojyoti is a nice site but some times puts a shorter versions of texts. Though I will like to confirm that I have seen them putting shorter version of Shiva or Vayu puran in their English translation only and I am not much familiar about their real Sanskrit editions. Hopefully someone else will chip in and clarify the exact locations of the Verses.
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Thread Information