Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anger crisis with Jesus

Re: Anger crisis with Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    In my understanding, the Christianity forum is to show the Hindus the right perspective they need to have about that religion by a critical study of their concepts and dogma vis-a-vis those of Hinduism, and not to think the Hindu way about Christian scriptures and extrapolate them.
    OK.

In my stong opinion, if I want to compare some text in the Bible to some other text in the Hindu scriptures where I feel a similarity exists, I would of course post 'my suggestion' but at the same time indicate their official interpretation. If we can dig up our texts and theirs for a comparison, why not also dig up their official interpretation and post it, and indicate how inept it is where it is actually so, so that a novice Hindu reader who is not much read in his texts is not misguided.
    OK, I just dont personally care much about "their official interpretation". But your argument is still good.

There is no point in turning emotional. For that matter your statement: "It doesnt bear fruit = it doesnt follow the righteous path (dharma) which yealds fruit." is incorrect. The svadharma of a fig tree is to grow as destined for it and bear fruits only at the time it is due. It does not get any bad karma by not bearing fruits when it is not required of it, so there is no need to cut it or curse it, and thus your equation is wrong. Not that you don't know it, but that your over-enthusiasm for comparision overshoots it.
    Well, at this point I didnt talk about a specific tree anymore, more about not yealding fruit, be it Israel or Bin Ladin.
    (and ok, I was a bit "over-enthusiastic" before, without cross checking a few times more before posting)

SanAtana Dharma is of course eternal and pre-existed in some form in the very lands where the Abrahamic religions rule over today, but we as Hindus have got other pressing issues such as having a right perspective (which is the traditional one) about our religion vis-a-vis the other religions and groom our fellow Hindus to that perspective.
    I dont have that same experience in my country/other (non-specific / non-one-religious) forums [hinduism being attacked] and thus the thought never occurred to me.
    There are more viewers than writers here, yes. And you might be right about: "we as Hindus have got other pressing issues such as having a right perspective". But I also worry a bit about what impression these viewers will get about "sanatana dharma" when Abrahamic religions seem to be mostly attacked here.
    УThere is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.Ф (sss20-15)

namaste Ekanta.

Well, we agree to disagree where it is required. IMO, critically examining the Abrahamic religious scriptures is different from attacking them or their prophets, so there is little chance of the Hindu viewers getting any wrong impression about its repercussions on Sanatana Dharma.

When I say that there is no conclusive historical proof that Jesus of Nazareth ever existed, it is not attacking him, but stating a critical perception which is also the perception of many Christian scholars. When I say the teachings of the Bible fall far short of the teachings of the Upanishads, again it is only a critical view, not an attack on the Bible. Only when I say about some Bible text something such as, "See, this is the same as what our scriptures say", if I don't also mention the Christian view of it, I give a wrong picture to a Hindu viewer.

This IMO is what we need to do in the forums on Abrahamic religions: try to critically explain the physical, religious and philosophical reality of their scriptures vis-a-vis ours.
    рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдХрд░рдзреМрддрдкрджрд╛рдВ рд╣рд┐рдорд╛рд▓рдпрдХрд┐рд░реАрдЯрд┐рдиреАрдореН ред
    рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдорд░рд╛рдЬрд░реНрд╖рд┐рд░рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдвреНрдпрд╛рдВ рд╡рдиреНрджреЗ рднрд╛рд░рддрдорд╛рддрд░рдореН рее

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by rcscwc View Post
    Sanjay
    Can you imagine Krishna doing such an act of anger? What would He do the said fig tree? He would make it bloom and be laden with fruits even out of season.
    You may be 100% wrong on this one ---let us know what you think.

So Krsna is equi-minded as any good yogi worth his salt, especially when involved with court intrigue and even protecting his Honor on behalf of his wife, Rukmini?

See Krsna use his sudarshan chakra weapon against Shisupal while in dispute over Rukmini's desired choice of Husband, Krsna.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mohini Shakti Devi; 13 February 2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: satay requested correction in typo errors in blue

Pranam Ekanta,

I appreciate your posts and your worry or concern is valid. However,we are not 'attacking' abrahmic religions, though I have seen christians and muslims register on HDF and then attack Hinduism. Some even try to pretend to be hindus.

Does their behaviour not worry you? What type of impression do they leave with us hindus of their abrharmic religion if they come in disguise and attack us? or perhaps you are okay with it because that's what their religion teaches them? Are you saying that hindus shouldn't defend attacks on their religion or critically examine the claims about 'truth' of other religions? Are all hindus obligated to accept the integration of alien scriptures into vedantic viewpoint? I hope not.

Not disagreeing with you just pointing out the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekanta View Post
    But I also worry a bit about what impression these viewers will get about "sanatana dharma" when Abrahamic religions seem to be mostly attacked here.
    Last edited by satay; 13 February 2010 at 12:50 PM.
    satay

namaskar,

Quote Originally Posted by Mohini Shakti Devi View Post
    You may be 100% wrong on this one
    Please elborate.

So does Krsna is equi-minded as any good yogi worth his salt, especially when involved with court intrigue and even protecting his Honor on behalf of his wife,
    The sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Perhaps you wrote it in a hurry?
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,
    Please elborate.
    The sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Perhaps you wrote it in a hurry?
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...0&postcount=13

Let us know what you think. Is this an example of God getting angry?

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    I have seen christians and muslims register on HDF and then attack Hinduism. Some even try to pretend to be hindus.
    Does their behaviour not worry you?
    Namaste Satay

Of course. But my impression is that they get banned rather quickly. Perhaps I'm wrong? I didnt mean to come out as one sided.
    УThere is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.Ф (sss20-15)

namaskar,

Namaste Satay

Of course. But my impression is that they get banned rather quickly. Perhaps I'm wrong? I didnt mean to come out as one sided.
    Yes, they do get banned as soon as they are discovered. This is because a) I don't have time to reform them and b) I don't think that there is any possibility to reform them due to their karma and c) I don't think we are under any obligation to reform them and make them conform to our rules.
    I keep it simple for them. If you don't follow the rules, that means your personal agenda is not in alignment with the forum's agenda so it is better for you and HDF if you get redirected out. Of course when I say 'you' I mean in general and not 'you' ekanta.
    satay

Pranams

Just back from U.P. and W.B.

I agree fully with Ekanta on all his posts in this thread. He/She shows a depth of understanding of the esence of the Gita. I also agree with Mohini shakti on her point.

I was reading the avatar thread of rahulg and this thread and I got the feeling that some of the people who posted in the thread have some issues with Christianity and carry their own insecurities with christianity. I don't have any. Afterall as Krishna says in the Gita:

B.G. 4.11 – As all surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly. Everyone follows my path in all respects, O son of Prtha.

Also, I have not seen any aggressive posturings of Christian in this forum because as Satay said he immediately removed the posts.

Cursing the fig tree (effect of not doing ones duty)
    Early in the morning, as he was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.”

The tree is not doing its duty (sva-dharma) hence its cursed (bad karma). That goes for everyone.
    It definitely was not the svadharma of the fig tree to give fruits out of season.

Cleansing the temple (temple can be both physical & the mind-complex)
    In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"”
    Market place?
    Pilgrims came from far off with various currencies. But they had to be converted into legal tenders. This service was necessay, it is now provided by the banks. Should a bank within a temple complex be shut down?

Surely, no pilgrims could be expected bring the sacrificial animals from far off. They had to procured locally, and as near the temple as possible. Don't balk, such sacrifices were OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMalaysia View Post
    No, but Indra might. Remember what He did when He saw the villagers giving His sacrifice to Govardhana Hill? 7 days of torrential rain over Vrindavan. And that was because He was angry.
    But then nobody claims that Indra was Ishwar, which Krishna was.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMalaysia View Post
    No, but Indra might. Remember what He did when He saw the villagers giving His sacrifice to Govardhana Hill? 7 days of torrential rain over Vrindavan. And that was because He was angry.
    But then nobody claims that Indra was Ishwar, which Krishna was.

But the meaning would still be kind of the same. It doesnt bear fruit = it doesnt follow the righteous path (dharma) which yealds fruit, aka:
    Not out of season. Not for a tree old too old to bear fruit. Not at the bidding.

Lord Rama prayed the sea to give way. At not getting His way, He was angry and ready to dry it up. But sea reasoned: It is not my dharma to give way by drying myself up. Rama saw the reason!!

Let me ask you all here a few questions:

Would you say there is no connection at all to "sanatana dharma"?
    I gave connection above. A contrast.
    Has there in the history of Bharat never been any cut down of a "fig tree"?
    Did Rama cut it the tree [sea here]? NO.

Why this eternal anti-christianity propaganda? Do you think you will turn into christians if you give Jesus the slightest credit?
    First stop the xians. They cast the first stone. Ask them to give a little credit to Hinduism.
    Remember, as per bible you are earmarked for eternal hell fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohini Shakti Devi View Post
    You may be 100% wrong on this one ---let us know what you think.

So Krsna is equi-minded as any good yogi worth his salt, especially when involved with court intrigue and even protecting his Honor on behalf of his wife, Rukmini?

See Krsna use his sudarshan chakra weapon against Shisupal while in dispute over Rukmini's desired choice of Husband, Krsna.
    Krishna is all about doing all you can for dharma. Once Rukmini desired Him, it was His dharma to protect Her.

Sisupal was not as passive as that fig tree.
    Last edited by rcscwc; 13 February 2010 at 11:26 PM.

Thread Information