Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Webimpulse Report! - Modi Speaks in New York City

Re: The Webimpulse Report! - Modi Speaks in New York City

Quote Originally Posted by anucarh View Post
    It is for this reason that I see the comparison as far from a flattering one.
    Namaste Anucarh,

I wasn't trying to slander Modi in any way, shape, or form, and I do apologize if my views were mistaken for that. I was merely trying to say that there were parallels between Modi and the Republicans of the past that you mentioned (i.e. "wiser, more thoughtful, and not afraid to get things done"), I wasn't trying to say they were identical.

Again, I'm sorry if I said something that could be misinterpreted as slandering Modi. It wasn't my intention at all.

Quote Originally Posted by anucarh View Post
    Namaste Omkara ji,

Thank you for the links.

"...asking them to shun Congress which believes in doling out freebies."

"I am prepared to engage in a serious bilateral dialogue with Pakistan in a peaceful atmosphere, without the shadow of terrorism, to promote our friendship and cooperation. However, Pakistan must also take its responsibility seriously to create an appropriate environment."

He definitely has what might be called a conservative side, I agree. As I recall, he also wants to ease land acquisition regulations. If I thought he resembled our current Republican Party here in the U.S., however, I'd be concerned. I'm old enough to remember when the Republican Party at the national level was wiser, more thoughtful, and not afraid to get things done. There may be a few good Republican governors (i.e. chief executives at the state level) left, but Republican candidates for president and Republicans in the U.S, House of Representatives tend to be influenced by extreme elements in the party right now in my opinion. It is for this reason that I see the comparison as far from a flattering one.

praṇām
    All BJP states have been consistently showing double digit growth for close to a decade. And that is about how long the BJP has been ruling major states. They had 2 seats in Parliament 1984. Massive jumps every election to the 282-seat wave this election. In such a short time span.

And running an Indian state is a huge task by itself. Modi's home state, Gujarat, has more people than the UK.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Old thread I created- http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=12225

Which became an omnibus discussion of the upcoming elections. Do read if interested.
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Talking Re: The Webimpulse Report! - Modi Speaks in New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    Namaste Anucarh,

I wasn't trying to slander Modi in any way, shape, or form, and I do apologize if my views were mistaken for that. I was merely trying to say that there were parallels between Modi and the Republicans of the past that you mentioned (i.e. "wiser, more thoughtful, and not afraid to get things done"), I wasn't trying to say they were identical.

Again, I'm sorry if I said something that could be misinterpreted as slandering Modi. It wasn't my intention at all.
    Namaste Webimpulse ji,

I didn't mean to suggest that you were slandering him. No need to apologize. I enjoy your posts. I think you're right that he has a conservative side. I just seem to have an allergy to the word "Republican" these days.

I'm sorry if I caused any distress.

Best regards.
    śrīmate nārāyaṇāya namaḥ

HAHAHAHA This is so much like an Indian election rally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qOnWWdMXS4

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Namaste Anucarh and Omkara,

A friend of mine who cares about American politics, and also seems rather jaded and cynical about them (gee, I wonder why?), brought up what seems like a rather good point.

He argues that the reason why India can experiment with Reagan-style economic policies (called Reaganomics for short) is essentially because we Americans did it first, and therefore have provided the rest of the world (and by extension, India) with the data needed to actually do it properly...and also when to stop Reaganomics and put regular economic rules back into place.

The difference here, of course, is that India may be wise enough to know when to pull the plug on their version of Reaganomics (I can't predict the future of course), whereas the US government does not...and we here in America have been feeling the negative results of that.

It makes me want to move to India. Sadly, as a result of this nation's economic policies, I don't have the money to do so, nor do I see myself getting the money anytime soon.

Thread Information