Thread: Angkorwat temple history links - Combodia

Smile Angkorwat temple history links - Combodia

Namasthey all,

As my favorite temple is angkorwat, I would like to share some links to people who are interested to read some articles on this temple history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angkor_Wat

Here is 360 degree map. Map pops up, so dont close popup.

http://www.airpano.com/360Degree-Vir...r-Wat-Cambodia

Photo Galleries:

http://www.molon.de/galleries/Cambod...kor/AngkorWat/

Thank you.

Re: Angkorwat temple history links - Combodia

Namasthe,

Is daily aradhana of Sri Vishnu being carried out at this great temple at Angorwat? Nice pictures and info, by the way. Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

As per my knowledge, it was a Shiva Temple, whose construction is similar to Tejo Mahalaya (Taj Mahal), which was once a Shivalaya (Shiva Temple)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv3rA...U4iz8f&index=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DynYO...U4iz8f&index=7

There was one video, which compared construction of taj mahal and angkor wat like a secret doom below the main chamber and it's common construction details, like big front entrance and big corridor. they are build over a water base to protect temple from flooding of river, etc. I think video is removed
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thank you Dear,

About daily prayers, I hope so...and I feel the prayers/aradhana will be done by Buddhists in their methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namasthe,

Is daily aradhana of Sri Vishnu being carried out at this great temple at Angorwat? Nice pictures and info, by the way. Thanks.

Namasthey Indiaspirituality Amrut,

One or the otherday the god will reveal the secrets behind the mystery or complicated constructions. There are many methods he can opt to show the hidden truth to us.

Namaste,
    Is daily aradhana of Sri Vishnu being carried out at this great temple at Angorwat?
    The locals consider it to be a Buddhist temple. During daytime I did not see any aradhana/puja being carried out and if something is done in the morning/evening, it will have to be per the Buddhist customs. The entire complex which consists of many temples, is spread over several square kilometers/miles and one needs a guide with a van to be taken around to them. Many pieces of this amazing structure will be lost in the next few decades as tree limbs growing through the walls are destabilizing them.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

The locals consider it to be a Buddhist temple. During daytime I did not see any aradhana/puja being carried out and if something is done in the morning/evening, it will have to be per the Buddhist customs. The entire complex which consists of many temples, is spread over several square kilometers/miles and one needs a guide with a van to be taken around to them. Many pieces of this amazing structure will be lost in the next few decades as tree limbs growing through the walls are destabilizing them.

Pranam.
    How amazing and how sad! The Combodian govt. should take better care of these architectural wonders. You are so blessed to have visited them, maybe you can post a pic or 2! I have only seen them at the 'Tomb Raider' movie and wished to visit them! They are so unique! I wonder how in olden days such trained architects and engineers became available so as to construct such marvellous structures!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,
    How amazing and how sad! The Combodian govt. should take better care of these architectural wonders.
    It is all a dollars and cents issue. Many countries just don't have the resources to take care of old structures. In this case though things are more complex since the temple complex is a UNSCO World Heritage monument. They have some special conditions for maintaining such structures. I believe they cannot be reconstructed or altered. So, if a structure crumbles during the removal of tree limbs, I am not sure if putting things back together will violate the terms established by UNESCO.

Pranam.

Thread Information