Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegetarianism and Medieval Vedanta Traditions

Re: Vegetarianism and Medieval Vedanta Traditions

Namaste jignyAsu,

I watched the video by Sri D.A. Joseph and he has done a good job of how in ancient times worship using animal sacrifice had been and how that does not apply to modern times. To me, it was confirmatory that animal sacrifice indeed was sanctioned in olden times according to Hindu dharma rules and regulations.

Thank you for posting the link.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Vegetarianism and Medieval Vedanta Traditions

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    I watched the video by Sri D.A. Joseph and he has done a good job of how in ancient times worship using animal sacrifice had been and how that does not apply to modern times. To me, it was confirmatory that animal sacrifice indeed was sanctioned in olden times according to Hindu dharma rules and regulations.
    Sri DA Joseph indeed has a talent of presenting very difficult subjects in simple words. I would however still like to add that even though the entire Sri Vaishnava community is unanimous in accepting the animal sacrifice incidents, there are some difference of opinions.

For e.g. while he thinks that Rama did consume meat, Sri Krishnan Swami says that Rama and Krishna were vegetarians. Similarly there can been quite a few difference in their interpretation of verses, where our Purvacharyas have been silent.

Pranam

Thread Information