Thread: The moment of recognition

The moment of recognition

Namaste,
    Greetings to all!
    If you believe this way and this was the case, what was the moment, event, stimulus, etc., where you truly recognized that all are one and there is no seperation between beings and the Divine by whatever name you call the Divine?
    Peace to all.
    FFTW

Re: The moment of recognition

In all sincerity and seriousness... for me, when I began contemplating The Force from Star Wars. I started by accepting that there is a cosmic force that penetrates, binds and unites all beings. I always believed in cosmic laws of cause and effect, i.e. "Karma-Lite".

But instead of limiting it to the galaxy as in the story, I realized it must include the entire universe, and multiverses. Before that I was pretty much a deist, having given up on Christianity. Now I was really coming up on a Brahman-like concept of God, which became panentheism. The "Ah ha!" moment was when I read about advaita... now it had a name and it all came together.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Friend from the West View Post
    Namaste,
    Greetings to all!
    If you believe this way and this was the case, what was the moment, event, stimulus, etc., where you truly recognized that all are one and there is no seperation between beings and the Divine by whatever name you call the Divine?
    Peace to all.
    FFTW
    Vannakkam: I haven't realised this permanently, but I did catch a powerful glimpse (temporal) a long time a go and many such since. I was about 16 years old, driving a swather cutting barley on my father's land. A gust of wind blew my mind. It was on NW 8 - 48 - 8, which names the grid in western Canada. So that means the Northwest quarter of Section 8, Township 48, Range 6, in the province of Alberta. Somehow I don't think anyone here would care to have that trivia explained at all.

So what about you, FFTW?

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Friend from the West View Post
    Namaste,
    Greetings to all!
    Peace to all.
    FFTW
    Complicated, complicated. Can't point to any given moment in particular for me. I sort of see this as a myth - that you can just have one experience and everything makes perfect sense.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it does happen - people do literally realize Oneness! But, for most people, I really don't think that's how it works. I think for most it is a gradual process of much thought and life experiences mixed in. Eventually we awaken within ourselves the knowledge of what we and the universe is like.

As Shri Dharma Pravartaka Acharya says, peak experiences are fairly regular on the spiritual path. Just as with this present body, you are not those experiences, either.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Namaste,
    Everyone thanks for responses. So interesting and enjoyable to me. EM, thanks for question.
    Since age of five felt intense, literal sense of seperatedness of living things from anything at time of passing. Just sensed such aloneness. That sense of seperatedness to all stayed with me along time. Read and tried many thngs but feeling remained. Became a vegan at 27 so could fight at stronger weight class. Wrong motivation but accidentely, this along with meditation and trips to mountain and for first time, fully recognized the truth for real for first time.
    On top of mountain, slightly foggy with sun about to come through, animals and everything in existence buzzing, realized the truth. Temporal, heck yes. A gap of many years and my posts of two and three days ago show that .
    From studies, reading, worship, and what shared here at HDF, think what Kismet says is true.
    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.
    FFTW

It started with "Who am I ?" "What am I doing here ?" "what are all these so called living beings and how they are here like oasis in the desert of universe ? "

As far as I remember from class 3.

Love and best wishes

Namaste FFTW,

I honestly can't remember when or where I saw through the fallacy I had been living through my life that we were separate. It was probably some time before I really started looking for answers in SD, but I can't pinpoint the exact moment. I've a feeling though it might have been similar to your own experience. Namely, it was looking through the unbroken lens of Nature; something about the perfect synchrony and harmony you see things working all around in the wilderness let's you start to see the forest as a whole, instead of the individual trees.

Somehow I don't think anyone here would care to have that trivia explained at all.
    I'd be interested to know what the significance means, EM. Do tell.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post

I'd be interested to know what the significance means, EM. Do tell.

Om namah Shivaya
    Vannakkam Sunyata: This is just for you, probably. In layman's terms the entire western half of Canada was surveyed using a grid system. As you fly into an airport, it is easily seen. A checkerboard system, but the numbering is nuts. It took me forever to figure it out. But suffice it to say its like old stype paper GPS if you understand it. Someone who knew the system could find exactly where I lived as a child.

Here's a link to partial info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Township_System

This would be totally unlike Britain, Ireland, or India.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information