Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Semen retraction

Re: Semen retraction

Namaste,

I am quite confused. Does Swami Sivananda prescribe pure Brahmacharya or does he also advise semen retraction? Or do any learned sages prescribe this practice as C.smith has pointed out? I did some research and some people say that is a way to keep ojas in the body and with the correct mindset you can transmute semen back into Ojas. It all sounds very creepy to me but I don't want to judge until I understand it.

So ''semen retraction'' has no official part in Hinduism, yes?

Dear IcyCosmic,
    Namasthe!

What official part can it have in Hinduism ? Unfortunately people seldom try to understand the vision of Vedanta. It is to live a happy and satisfied life here and now - 24 7, irrespective of external circumstances.
    You can yourself decide if semen retraction has anything to do with that.

Moreover What will women do ?

A person living Hinduism ... is a revolution. His or her satisfaction .... is a joyous overflow ... There is compassion born out of inner fulfillment. There is love born out of oneness and a silence even amidst lot of activities.

That is the life towards which Vedanta drives us: and all this not in some future time, but here and now.

Swami sivananda ji advocated brahmacharya.

Ramana Maharshi categorically stated that even abstinence from sex is only an aid.

One cannot discover this satisfaction through a particular lifestyle. One has to become wise and choose a lifestyle for oneself. Whether i will involve in sex or not, whether i will be a sanyasin or a householder ... these are all matters of lifestyle. One does not become wise by changing lifestyle. One has to be wise and then choose a lifestyle of one's choice.

Sukha tyagi, krishna bhogi, nrpa janaka raghavau ... Sukha was a renunciate, he did not even wear dress. Krishna was involved in all kinds of activities while Rama and Janaka were kings ... all followed different lifestyles ... and yet they were all liberated ! Wise.

So lifestyle ... practices etc are at best aids ... and so brahmacharya defined as abstinence from sex is also a lifestyle change. one should work on wisdom... self knowledge. Everything settles once that's set right.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    One does not become wise by changing lifestyle. One has to be wise and then choose a lifestyle of one's choice
    I would even go a step further. You don't choose your lifestyle; your spiritual level dictates and chooses the lifestyle for you and there is no point in fighting it. The only way to alter/refine it would be through sadhana. Everything comes from within and nothing is imposed externally. All one can/should do is to create the conditions for a lifestyle change. Any comments?

Pranam.

Admin note
    Namaste

Closing thread. I think the OP's question has actually been answered in the thread.
    satay

Thread Information