Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I saw shiva 2 week ago in the middle of night

Re: I saw shiva 2 week ago in the middle of night.

Quote Originally Posted by hengellisyydenoppilas View Post
    But im pretty confused, I havent never even meditated by chanting hinduism mantras. I havent done puja etc... and I havent readed any hinduism holy scriptures. Yet shiva shows up to me oO
    Namaste hengell,

Sometimes, a person might look 'ordinary' to other peoples' eyes, but in-spite of it, might have had an extremely spiritual past.

Take the story of Saiva saint 'Arunagirinatha' -- for the first part of his life, he was a fallen soul. Then a saint tries to correct him. Something inside of him wakes up. He repents for his sins, and within a short time (when he is on a suicidal mission), he has darshan of Lord Murugan. Lord Murugan gives personal darshan to the yogi (mystic) and corrects him. Since then, the transformation that Arunagirinatha underwent becomes complete and he has now transformed into a perfect yogi.

So you never know how and why you had a vision of Lord Shiva - if you feel little-bit changed from before, then that shouldn't surprise you. It might be a wake-up call for you to take him and your daily sadhana seriously.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: I saw shiva 2 week ago in the middle of night

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

We all see śiva and śakti every day. Some recognize them, and others - not so much.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear friend ,
    Even if we assume that God has name , shape and form and not just energy , Shiva as described by religious scriptures is very very fair .. Most probably you might have seen another being in the get-up of Shiva or a devotee who got Sarupya mukthi .It is quite possible to see even Siddhas in the form which you described .

Namaste hengellisyydenoppilas

Your Ishta Devata in this case being Shree Shiv ji has been seen by you. Bhagwaan is omni present. You dont have to do thousand (just a big number) hours of meditation or prayer to get his vision.

I was an aethist when I saw my friend Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu for the first time m. There are billions of things that happen around us every day, just like Yajvan ji has said, we fail to notice.

Good Luck to you...
    Anirudh...

Namaste hengellisyydenoppilas and others,

I'm glad that you had such a nice experience. As others have said, you may have past karmas tying you to Lord Shiva. It is also true that one of His names is Bolenath, or 'one who is easily pleased'. I can relate with my own past to your current sense of confusion about this unexpected darshan. Whatever you beliefs are now, I hope you will look into getting to know Him better. He is very dear to my heart, and has been the best friend I have.

I personally find it interesting and encouraging that many former Christians or members of other faiths, as well as many Caucasians and other non-Indian peoples, are being drawn into Hinduism. I've heard many people say that if you aren't an Indian you can't be a Hindu. But really, what color is the Atma? Isn't the soul far beyond race?

Incidentally, I am also curious about the color of Lord Shiva's Hair.
    Best wishes.
    ~Har Har Mahadev~

Where there is Truth there is Victory

"The mind is a dangerous weapon, even to the possessor, if he knows not discreetly how to use it." - Michel de Montaigne

~Om Namah Shivay~

Namaste,

Isvara is not bound to Human ideas of various 'Religions'. Sri Shiva in particular is known to not discriminate. It probably doesn't matter what you do now, continue as you are or turn to learning about Sri Shiva and His worship. Many do the latter, especially if they have been searching through different paths.

Like many I also received a powerful darshan of Sri Shiva, it seems many do and I echo Giza ji's happiness at that. I was a seeker like you once but had given up years ago, yet He still blessed me.

You are blessed to have seen what you did, awake or asleep. I too am very happy for you. Enjoy the bliss.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: If you don't mind me asking, which temple did you go to?

Aum Namasivaya
    Namastee Namasivaya
    It is called Shiva Durga Temple in Sunnyvale, CA. If I am allowed to post a link it is http://www.shivdurgatemple.org/

The place is small and the temple assistants are wonderful but except for one they don't speak English fluently. The priest is a great man he speaks English but is not there often. I really like him though. Most pujas and other services are in Hindi. So I go there to meditate but go elsewhere for classes etc.

Aum

Thread Information