Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping shivaling at home

Re: Keeping shivaling at home

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    I hear there is Lingam we can carry anywhere, just like liontin or anything else ( small ) and we can worship it ....

Dont know this true or not
    Lingayats wear shivalinga like a locket.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste

Do check this post,I mentioned about the same thing some time ago.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...80&postcount=5
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste Satay,

I have one Shivalinga in my house at pooja place. PurANas say different things at different places. It has been very difficult for me to reconcile with what they say. I find solace in VedAnta alone.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste devotee,

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Satay,

I have one Shivalinga in my house at pooja place. PurANas say different things at different places. It has been very difficult for me to reconcile with what they say. I find solace in VedAnta alone.

OM
    I have the same issue with reconciliation.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste devotee,

I have the same issue with reconciliation.
    Namaste Satay ji,

For creating stories, certain purvabhuka is created. This helps highlight the importance of main event. It is nothing more than this. If Shiva worships or request Vishnu to do something it is not because Shiva is incapable. God himself shows us the way. God will play both devotee and ISvara. If we take them as various 'plays' and do not try to connect them, strongly on basis of morality or superiority, then things will be easy.

When Krishna worships Shiva and adapts pasupata vrata, some people cannot accept it. But WE should see the end result. Finally we get Shiva Sahasranama. To glorify any deity or to highlight the importance of any stotra a 'scene' is created.

Please try to think in this way. It will help you.

OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Namaste Satay ji,

For creating stories, certain purvabhuka is created. This helps highlight the importance of main event. It is nothing more than this.

If we take them as various 'plays' and do not try to connect them, strongly on basis of morality or superiority, then things will be easy.

To glorify any deity or to highlight the importance of any stotra a 'scene' is created.

OM
    Namaste

Well said Ji.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Since I was a very very young girl I have always had this ovalish egg shaped stone about three inches in diameter upon my bedside table.
    I was inclined to put a flower atop of it regularly and also light insense beside it.

Over time, as I became a mother, my children came to me and asked why I was doing this. You know, I had never thought of the why...I was so consumed with doing it...and I felt very silly not knowing why i took all this trouble and yet could not give a reason. So I took it and put it away the very same day.

Many bad things happened!!! From the moment I placed it in the drawer of that table. Yet, I felt I was being superstitious. So I resisted removing it...but after a month of severe problems, I took it back out and left it there now all these years.

Then, upon my first Shivratri at my Temple...I saw my stone! By the dozens...each family had one! It was Mahadeva! <3<3<3

So, now that stone, that wonderful blessed stone, resides upon my home shrine were it rightfully belongs.

Just Friday this past week someone ask me what this stone means upon my Shrine and it was wonderful to finally know and understand why it had always been in my heart to keep this stone in such a way.

I would say, though I am ignorant of what specific texts say about this subject, being the owner of Shivaling my entire life...

If you are going to do this, do this...but it is like having a child...once you do it...you should always keep this up. It becomes a true responsibility.

But, having the Lord so close is a tremendous reward for the careful responsibility.

When I offer my water and food on my shrine for Mahadeva I always offer water and flowers to my Shivaling also.

I very much recommend this.

Thread Information