Thread: Jesus was mentioned in the Vedic literatures 3000+ years before he appeared in India

Hybrid View

Jesus was mentioned in the Vedic literatures 3000+ years before he appeared in India

Jesus was mentioned in the Vedic literatures more than 3000+ years before he appeared.

http://www.salagram.net/Jesus-Went-To-India.htm

My question is: why Jesus was mentioned in the Vedic literatures
    more than 3000+ years before he appeared?

There must be some reason that GodAllahParmesherYHWH had revealed this fact on some pious man - and this prophecy existed in the Vedic literature.

One the one hand; this speaks of the truthfulness of the Vedas in origin and on the other it shows some important role which Jesus had to play in this region and also the spiritual significance of this towering personality. Following thoughts come to my mind.

1. Jesus, a truthful person; was born among Jews in Judea. Jews had a prophecy in their scriptures of his coming as Moshiach or Messiah.

2. Jews did not accept him and tortured him; believing him a false Messenger of God and put him on a Cross to kill him being a false Messenger of God as was written in their scriptures.

3. GodAllahParmesherYHWH helped Jesus save his life. He migrated from Judea and came to India where ten of the twelve tribes of the Jews had settled in exile.

4. History tells us that these tribes had meanwhile accepted Buddhism; and they had a prophecy of a White Messiah coming to this land. They accepted Jesus.

5. This way Jesus became relevant in India.

6. Jesus is the bridge of understanding between Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Christians and Muslims.

7. This is what I understand from the Prophecy that is mentioned in the Vedic literatures more than 3000+ years before Jesus appeared in this region.

Thanks
    I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim
    http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com

Re: Jesus was mentioned in the Vedic literatures 3000+ years before he appeared in In

Namaste paarsurrey.

You are entitled to your views when studying comparative religion. I respect them.

However, the Bhavishya Purana, which is often quoted to be the source text of Jesus coming to India, is NOT a Vedic text. Moreover, this Purana was so much corrupted during the British colonnial rule in India that it is very difficult even for the scholars to distinguish the corrputed portions from the original ones.

Discerning Hindus have started discovering--and believing--that Jesus is just a myth: he never existed historically.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Jesus is a bridge for spiritual understanding among different religions

Jesus was mentioned in the Vedic literatures more than 3000+ years before he appeared.

I understand from our friend Saidevo that this is being denied now by the Discerning Hindus.

1. The viewpoint that Hindu religious scriptures became so much corrupted during the British colonial rule in India that it is very difficult even for the Hindu scholars to distinguish the corrupted portions from the original ones. The question arises as to what motive the British had to force these corruptions/changes? I dont see any.

2. If it is done only not to deny Jesus; while this had been mentioned in the scriptures, it will make the whole scriptures and the prophecies mentioned in them incredulous.

3. Prophecies are mentioned in scriptures and remain secure till such time the person mentioned appears. Parmesher protects the essence of the prophecy to facilitate acceptance of the person. The designs of Parmesher making the prophecy have to be fulfilled; otherwise He would have not done so.

4. A valid question in this connection that arises in the mind is: Do the Hindus have any Promise from Parmesher or God- the Creator of Heavens and Earth to keep their scriptures pristine and fresh as ever? If they have such a promise from the Parmesher; they should present it from every book, as the Hindu scriptures have been written as they say over several thousand of years.

5. India has been ruled in these many, many thousand years by scores of dynasties. If the British could succeed (or the Hindus under the British rule) in tampering with their scriptures; what is the guarantee that the earlier rulers would have also not done it?

6. I appreciate my Hindu friends rejoicing in their scriptures being most ancient. If the aging affect has obscured the original message from God- the Parmesher; then it is better to have a new one instead of insisting on the ancient one. What is the meaningful purpose of revealed scriptures? It is obviously to guide the people when one cannot see in the dark. If that purpose is not served then it is meaningless to be ancient or new.

This is why I say that Jesus is a bridge for understanding between Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Christians and Muslims as all revealed scriptures of these religions mention advent of Jesus- a truthful person with concordance.

It would be impossible for one to influence scriptures of these five great religions spreading over vast regions of the world.

Thanks
    I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim
    http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com

Re: Jesus is a bridge for spiritual understanding among different religions

Quote Originally Posted by paarsurrey View Post

I understand from our friend Saidevo that this is being denied now by the “Discerning Hindus”.

1. The viewpoint that Hindu religious scriptures became so much corrupted during the British colonial rule in India that it is very difficult even for the Hindu scholars to distinguish the corrupted portions from the original ones. The question arises as to what motive the British had to force these corruptions/changes? I don’t see any.
    you need to understand history from looser' point of view to get this answer. During colonial time period, every major county was trying to take over small county. After taking the wealth, they started to take over the religion and culture of that country so they can use them ethically. (Have you heard the word slavery!!!!) This formula was working in entire world, but not in India. This is why, Britishers tried to manipulate the hindu scripture.

I believe jesus never existed. and If he was existed, he wasn't even close any of hindu avatars. He wasn't even close to some of the today's saints, such as Baba Ramdev ji, and Pramukh Sami Maharaj.

Let's suppose that he was mentioned in veda, then why didn't he accepted veda as a scriptures. Why didn't he talk about any other avatar in bible. The bible presents complete opposite spiritual view then what veda is presenting. (Accept jesus and you will go to heaven!! what a complete nonsense.!! )

I think bible is written by some politicians with single goal in mind. proselytization.!! And that is exactly what it is doing.

What similarities did you see in veda and bible?

Re: Jesus is a bridge for spiritual understanding among different religions

Quote Originally Posted by paarsurrey View Post
    I understand from our friend Saidevo that this is being denied now by the Discerning Hindus.

1. The viewpoint that Hindu religious scriptures became so much corrupted during the British colonial rule in India that it is very difficult even for the Hindu scholars to distinguish the corrupted portions from the original ones. The question arises as to what motive the British had to force these corruptions/changes? I dont see any.

2. If it is done only not to deny Jesus; while this had been mentioned in the scriptures, it will make the whole scriptures and the prophecies mentioned in them incredulous.

3. Prophecies are mentioned in scriptures and remain secure till such time the person mentioned appears. Parmesher protects the essence of the prophecy to facilitate acceptance of the person. The designs of Parmesher making the prophecy have to be fulfilled; otherwise He would have not done so.

4. A valid question in this connection that arises in the mind is: Do the Hindus have any Promise from Parmesher or God- the Creator of Heavens and Earth to keep their scriptures pristine and fresh as ever? If they have such a promise from the Parmesher; they should present it from every book, as the Hindu scriptures have been written as they say over several thousand of years.

5. India has been ruled in these many, many thousand years by scores of dynasties. If the British could succeed (or the Hindus under the British rule) in tampering with their scriptures; what is the guarantee that the earlier rulers would have also not done it?

6. I appreciate my Hindu friends rejoicing in their scriptures being most ancient. If the aging affect has obscured the original message from God- the Parmesher; then it is better to have a new one instead of insisting on the ancient one. What is the meaningful purpose of revealed scriptures? It is obviously to guide the people when one cannot see in the dark. If that purpose is not served then it is meaningless to be ancient or new.

This is why I say that Jesus is a bridge for understanding between Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Christians and Muslims as all revealed scriptures of these religions mention advent of Jesus- a truthful person with concordance.

It would be impossible for one to influence scriptures of these five great religions spreading over vast regions of the world.
    Namaste Paarsurrey,
    In any religion, the main doctrines, philosophy are drawn from the scriptures. It is but natural to keep them without getting corrupted.
    a) In Christianity, the sole source is the Bible & the Church decides what will be part of Bible or what not. As you know, there are many texts which were not allowed by Church & hence we cannot definitely say that the Bible what we have is the only & final uncorrupted version.

b) In Islam, the Q'uran is considered the revealed book. However, there are many places which appear erroneous : like in some places, it is said that Allah took 6 days (Q'uran 7.54) to create heavens & earth & in some places it says he took total 8 days ( Q'uran 41.9 to 41.12). Similarly, there is mathematical error in property distribution. Now, the real revelation must have been error free. Then how come the errors creep in here ? The reason is simple. The scripture was not written immediately at the time of revelation & the prophet himself didn't write it.

c) In Hinduism, the problem is even bigger. There is not one book. There are hundreds of books. There are many paths which even seemingly contradict each other. There is no Church to control. Hinduism is not an organised religion. It is not controlled by any organisation or group of clerics. However, the Vedas are considered the authority in Hinduism & any scripture or doctrine must conform to the Vedas. If there is any discrepancy, then whatever Vedas say will prevail. And mind it, for Hindus, Vedas are more than just revelation. For Hindus, everything is there because it is there in the Vedas. Even God exists because He is there in the Vedas & not the other way round.

d) Bhavishya Purana is written over a period of 450 BC to as late as 1850 AD. It is not a part of the Vedas & hence its authenticity is not unquestionable.

e) Your assumption that scriptures must be fully error free is too simplistic & impossible. It is possible only when the book is written by the person to whom revelation has been made immediately without losing time. Then also, there will be error due to change in meanings of words over the long time period. The words keep changing their meaning. Moreover, there are many things stated in scriptures which are relevant to a certain period & they were true for that time & social set up but they cannot be considered the Truth for all time to come. This distinction is very important & we must be very careful whenever we read the scriptures. The major problems faced by mankind due to religion & associated scritptures is because of having a thinking like yours. The Q'uran does talk about Jehad but it must be seen in what context it is said otherwise it can misguide people in killing innocent people. You can't take everything literally. In Islam, taking interest on loan given is "haraam" but if you literally take it, the entire banking system will collapse ! The Prophet Muhammad really didn't mean it to apply to banking system but to the rich people who looted poor people at that time by charging exorbitant interest. So, this must be seen in keeping the time in mind. At the time of Prophet Muhammad what was good for the society could spell disaster to economy of the world if followed literally.

-------------------------------------------

Finally, the Hinduism is not only about reading scriptures & following it strictly to go to heaven. You can realise God conciousness practically & then no scripture is required at that level. At that level, you are one with God & there is no scope of any doubt. This has been proved experimentally a number of times by many saints in the past. There are many enlightened souls even today. And Hinduism says that You too can attain that ! Now, what logic do you require to prove or otherwise when you can realise the Truth in actual experience ?? Where is any scope of doubt here ??

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: Jesus was mentioned in the Vedic literatures 3000+ years before he appeared in In

Again, regarding Jesus, Hindus in general have no problem in accepting him an incarnation of God. His existence or otherwise is not questioned by Hindus, it is being done by some group of people who are basically Christians.

Hindus bow before Jesus in the same way as they before any deity in Hinduism. For a Hindu everything & everyone is expression of the same Divinity. So, there is no question of denying divinity to Jesus or anyone. The teachings of Jesus show the level of his enlightenment. Without attaining One-ness with God he could not have said, " I & my father are ONE. He who has seen me has seen my father.".

There are a number of Hindu followers of Maharishi Yogananda who worship Jesus Christ & Lord Krishna at the same pedestal.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information