Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just how powerful is "Om" ?

1. Re: Just how powerful is "Om" ?

Namaste Believer,

Thank you for the correction Beliver ji, no apples are rolling and I feel that it adds rather than detracts from the "apparent" conclusion; lets try again:

Power is energy over time, yet time manifests after om; may we not then consider om to be above any measure of power and thus to simply be ...

I think that its flowing better, just like that.
    Thank you for highlighting.
    Last edited by Mana; 11 May 2014 at 03:18 AM.

2. Re: Just how powerful is "Om" ?

So om might be best described as being full; rather than any measure or power.
    as an explanation of op we might then consider om to be pure energy, rather than power.

Again; if uttered from the very depths of the being, as a pure and undistorted wave; then I personally have no doubt that all of the aspirants mantras will manifest with clarity.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 11 May 2014 at 04:16 AM.

Re: Just how powerful is "Om" ?

Om is Exhalation and inhalation combined.Its not possible for us to inhale and exhale simultaneously but tht is OM>Its the sound from which the universe is created.Its Lord Shiva himself.
    Omkaram Bindu samyuktamNithyam Dhyanti Yoginaha.
    Kamadam Mokshadam caiva Om karaya namo namaha.
    Last edited by lalit1000; 06 July 2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: added a word

Namaste lalit1000,

Quote Originally Posted by lalit1000 View Post
    Om is Exhalation and inhalation combined.
    Wonderful, I wonder is this setu or praNava explained? Thank you for your thoughts.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 06 July 2014 at 03:13 AM.
    8i8

Dear friends ,
    When pranayama is done with manthra it is known as sagarbha pranayama . With many manthras it is rather difficult to observe , the pooraka ,(inhalation ) Kumbhakam (retention of the breath) and rechaka (exhalation)in a proper way and ratio . That comes after some time with practice .But with ' OM ' it is very easy to do that . It is called pranopasana .Pranopasana is the best upasana than any other upasana . It is a wrong notion that OM upasana should not be done . It is the mahamanthra , which gives all benefits along with health , wealth and wish fulfillment .For some strange ,inexplicable reason , it is discouraged by many . Like already pointed out by some , it sets in complacency of peace and drives away the mad and insane chase of worldly interests . To those who are after , all the greedy pursuits , it looks undesirable . rgds

Thread Information