You creating this thread is also a LeelA

om namo nArAyaNAya
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Re: The dasavataras of Sri Vishnu calmed down by Lord Shiva question

jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thanks
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Exclamation Re: The dasavataras of Sri Vishnu calmed down by Lord Shiva question

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    I found the answer to my question today on google search.

http://www.shaivam.org/gallery/image/gma64_p.htm

https://www.facebook.com/Jyotirlinga...14905751855439

1. Kurma Samhara Murthy

2. Varaha Samhara Murthy

3. Matsya Samhara Murthy

To Upsydowny: Merely having curiosity to know an information does not tantamount to 'denigrating' any devata. Infact, suppressing someone from knowing an available information on the grounds that it is tantamount to 'denigration' is so 'Abrahamic like'!!

BTW: It seems there is a sculpture of Sri Kurma Samhara murthy carved in a pillar in Chennai, Kachaleeswarar Temple, TN, India. It seems when done Naivedyam of Vilwa leaves and Sugar pongal on Mondays to this form of Lord Shiva, bestows all goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsydownyupsy mv ss View Post
    The idea that one god is required to calm another god itself is very surprising.
    I've heard that in Ramayana that Parashurama was enraged because Rama had broken the bow of Shiva and came to confront Rama, who was later calmed down by Rama himself, both are the avatars of Vishnu. In another story, Maa Kaali was calmed down by Shiva was laid down in front of her, as though he was a corpse. In both stories, the 2 god entities are seem as the embodiment of the same entity (Rama and Parashurama are one and the same, because they're the avatars of the same god, or Shiva and Shakti are the same entity, as explained by the Shaivaite approach). The problem I see here is that people tend to differentiate Hara and Hari to be 2 different entities, that raises a lot of eyebrows and questions like, "Is this one of those inter-cult fights between Shaivas and Vaishnavas?" Maybe or may not be so. But, if we go back to the statement "Shivasya Hrudayam Vishnuhu, Vishnor Hrudayam Shivaha" or let's go back to the statement "Twam Brahma Twam Vishnu Twam Rudra Twam Prajapathihi" both statements imply, we are dealing with a single god and not many. Or many aspects of the same god.
    There are different versions to the Narasimha cooling down story:
    1 Narasimha cools down by himself listening to the request of Prahlada.
    2 Narasimha is cooled down by Sharabha.
    3 Narasimha is cooled down by Pratyangira Devi released by Sharabha.
    1 indicates "self-control" or "self-calming" of brahma or vishnu or god.
    2 and 3 also indicate "self-control" or "self-calming," because I don't see the gods as different entities. The questions like "Why is Shiva required to calm Vishnu?" arise when one sees them as different entities. I'd like to rephrase the opening statement as "The dasavatars of Sri Vishnu calmed down by himself" There... sounds better doesn't it? I advocate a slight change in perspective is needed here.
    oh.... and god is not an idiot or fool like me or other human beings that need to be calmed by others. He is very wise and has self control. That's right, I'm criticizing myself and I deserve it.

Sometimes, I feel we're just going in circles with some discussions on the HDF.
    hello Viraja,
    Where am I suppressing information? Kindly explain. I don't get it..
    Well, I seem to be giving additional information, with the stories of Parashuram and Rama and Pratyangira Devi. Was it the last part? I was criticizing myself for losing my cool and posting that other thread. God is not a fool like me, who loses his cool and needs someone else to calm him down, he is self sufficient and can calm himself down. By saying this, I'm actually looking at the 3 entities: Hara, Hari and Devi to be the single entity which he/she is. I'm not looking down on you if it really was what you perceived of me, I was being critical of myself. Was it the last part? Kindly explain Virajaji, I don't get it..

I don't know who I am, nor what I am.
    I don't know what I need to know.
    I don't know who you are, nor what you are.
    All I know is that you love me, Oh Sarvathma.
    Lead me on the righteous path, so that I may reach you.

Dear Smaranam,

Nice post and i want to add this caution....

Any concocted story without a basis in the vedas or puranas should not be taken as God's direct leela but as His leela to give you more confusion . So, instead of pondering over man made stories, the joy of knowing the real leela of Lord and His factual position and Bhagawat attributes itself are infinite and life after life consuming affair.

Hare Krshna!

6. Re: The dasavataras of Sri Vishnu calmed down by Lord Shiva question

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    BTW: It seems there is a sculpture of Sri Kurma Samhara murthy carved in a pillar in Chennai, Kachaleeswarar Temple, TN, India.
    Perhaps you are referring to the Kachapeswarar Temple in Kancheepuram?

Thread Information