Thread: nrsingadeva jayanti

nrsingadeva jayanti

Pranam all

Happy nrsingadeva jayanti

I almost forgot it is Narsingadeva appearance day, better late then never,may he bless us all and protect us

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Re: nrsingadeva jayanti

Jai NarsiMhadev

May His transcendental nails and paws and arms protect everyone.

Jai Prahlad Maharaj
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Nrisimhadeva Bhagwan ki Jai....

Today is Nrsimha Caturdasi....The appearance day of Lord Nrsimha....

Ideally, Vaisnavas observe fast today till dusk (appearance time of Lord) and then have ekadasi preparations. Later in the next morning they break there fast with proper prasadam.

So who is Nrsimha deva? He is none other than the Cakra weapon of Lord krsna...It is for this reason, that during installation on Cakra in Vaisnava temples, the prayers are offered to Nrsimha Deva instead of Cakra.

Just like for success in tasks related to our day to day activities, people first of all pray to Lord Ganesha for removing obstacles (because he is vighna-vinASa-kAri) , in the same way Vaisnavas pray to Lord Nrsimha deva before they start any task related to spirituality like going to a pilgrimage etc, they first offer prayers to Nrisimha-deva (because he is Bhakti-vighna-vinASa-Kari) and also offer their pranams to Bhakta-Siromani PrahlAd maharaja, for whose protection the Lord appeared.

Following is the Prayer to Nrisimha Deva, composed by Srila Bhakti Vinoda Thakura:

e dusta hrdaye kama adi ripu chaya
    kutinati pratisthasa sathya sada raya
    hrdaya-sodhana ara krsnera vasana
    nrsimha-carane mora ei to' kamana

Within my sinful heart the six enemies headed by lust perpetually reside, as well as duplicity, the desire for fame, plus sheer cunning. At the lotus feet of Lord Narasimha, I hope that He will mercifully purify my heart and give me the desire to serve Lord Krsna.

kandiya nrsimha-pade magibo kakhana
    nirapade navadvipe jugala-bhajana
    bhaya bhaya paya yan'ra darsane se hari
    prasanna hoibo kabe more daya kari

Weeping, I will beg at the lotus-feet of Lord Narasimha for the benediction of worshipping Radha and Krsna in Navadvipa, perfectly safe and free from all difficulties. When will this Lord Hari, Whose terrible form strikes fear into fear itself, ever become pleased and show me His mercy?

yadyapi bhisana murti dusta-jiva-prati
    prahladadi krsna-bhakta-jane bhadra ati
    kabe va prasanna ho'ye sa krpa-vacane
    nirbhaya karibe ei mudha akincane

Even though Lord Narasimha is terrifying toward the sinful souls, He offers great auspiciousness unto the devotees of Lord Krsna headed by Prahlada Maharaja. When will He be pleased to speak words of compassion unto me, a worthless fool, and thereby make me fearless?

svacchande baiso he vatsa sri-gauranga-dhame
    jugala-bhajana hau rati hau name
    mama bhakta-krpa-bale vighna jabe dura
    suddha cite bhajo radha-krsna-rasa-pura

He will say, "Dear child! Sit down freely and live happily here in Sri Gauranga-dhama. May you nicely worship the Divine Couple, and may you develop loving attachment for Their Holy Names. By the mercy of My devotees, all obstacles are cast far away. With a purified heart, just perform the worship of Radha and Krsna, for such worship overflows with sweet nectar."

ei boli' kabe mora mastaka-upara
    sviya sri-carana harse dharibe isvara
    amani jugala-preme sattvika vikare
    dharaya lutibo ami sri-nrsimha-dvare

Saying this, will that Lord delightedly place His own divine lotus-feet upon my head? I will experience sublime love for the Divine Couple Radha-Krsna and undergo the ecstatic transformations called sattvika. Falling on the ground, I will roll about at the door of Sri Narasimha's temple.

So there are so many incarnations of Supreme Lord like Kurma, matsya and Budhha, Parsurama etc, but why do Vaisnavas have special attraction to Lord Nrsimhadeva. We donot observe fast on appearance day of other incarnations like Kurma etc... So why observe fast specifically to NrSimhadeva? Possibly Smaranam ji and Grames Prabhu will shed some light on this topic, for the benefit of everybody.

Your Servant
    Krsna Das

jai nrisimhadeva ....................

I wasn't aware of this, but funny enough I was chanting a stotra and listening to mantras of Nrisimhadeva today.

hari o
    ~~~~~~~

namasté

nṛsiṃha = nṛ + siṃha
    • nṛ - a man; a hero
    • siṃha¹ - 'the powerful one' , a lion; also identified with ātman : a hero or eminent person ;' chief or lord of' , to express excellence of any kind
    praām

words
    rooted (√) in sah - to overcome , vanquish , conquer , defeat (enemies) , gain , win (battles)
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information