Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do drishtis on natal planets influence transit planets?

Re: Do drishtis on natal planets influence transit planets?

Krishna ji,

What I meant was this:

Let us say a birth takes place on 1st January, 2014. Then to fulfil the rules that Shri K.N. Rao ji enunciated, mars would be seen to make transit contact by conjunction or aspect with the fifth house or lord, and similar other indicators, sometime between mid october 2013 (-75d point) to mid march 2014, AND Jupiter and Saturn aspecting or contacting likewise anytime between ~March 2013 to September 2014, etc etc.?

So essentially, ALL transit contacts and aspects as stated should clinch a five month period (75+75) within a wider 18 or less months period during which a birth can be expected and further fine-tuned to the week or so by the help of moon!

If so, indeed it is a valuable tool! I think I have now clearly understood the situation! Sorry, I was a bit pestillently persistent, ONLY because I needed to understand this clearly before launching an exploration. Unfortunately, where I am, Indian books take a long time to arrive if the POSTAL GODS of two countries are happy and even then the shipping far exceeds the original cost (but definitely not the worth!) of the books! But I did not want to wait 6 weeks before getting to this fascinating method that is so simple and so rock-solid as you and Mr. Rao have stated.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
    Last edited by Rohiniranjan; 05 February 2014 at 07:36 PM.

Namaste scholars,

I will be obliged if someone can address my questions raised at post #6.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Viraja; 05 February 2014 at 08:56 AM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste scholars,

I will be obliged if someone can address my questions raised at post #6.

Thank you.
    Dear Viraja,

Please forgive my intrusion in your quest; I sense that you are indeed very sincere :-)

May I suggest something, which shall solve your angst and quandry, if I may call it so?

Since you are inquisitive about mercury's transits through your chart and how or what it does to static natal points in your chart, you are already in a good place! If you had become inquisitive about saturn or nodes or even jupiter, the longer periodicities would have made your quest longer :-)

Since you are using your horoscopic focus that is arousing your inquiry, and mercury is involved, why not begin with the obvious?

You sound like one who has a fair knowledge of the fundamentals of Jyotish (stark beginners do not know much about padas and your questions are mature!) and also you sound like one who has experienced many 'mercury-returns' in life!

Run whatever software you are using and find and note down all the dates when mercury was just where it is now or whatever your point of interest is! Examine (and document for your own sake and learning) those periods when mercury made 'contact' and write down what you actually experienced, as best as you can recall! Note also other transits around those points in time and dasa etc prevailing!

Then pick a few well-known charts in your current collection and study those similarly!

Then compare your own findings and see if there is a pattern that makes sense or not!

This is exactly what I am and plan to do now with what some of us recently got talking about! The child-birth predictors that originally came from Sri K.N. Rao and I am following with a lot of curiosity!

It has been my lifelong belief! The meal that is cooked with own hands, with MA's help and guidance, always tastes best and is most nourishing, than any other kind! It does mean extra work and effort, but how else does one learn in a manner that STICKS to our mind and soul...?

Love and Light! :-)

Rohiniranjan

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Since you are inquisitive about mercury's transits through your chart and how or what it does to static natal points in your chart, you are already in a good place! If you had become inquisitive about saturn or nodes or even jupiter, the longer periodicities would have made your quest longer :-)
    I presume that gives the 'results' that I expect from my present undertaking that much 'quicker'!

You sound like one who has a fair knowledge of the fundamentals of Jyotish (stark beginners do not know much about padas and your questions are mature!) and also you sound like one who has experienced many 'mercury-returns' in life!
    I wonder whatever gave you that idea! i. Any astro enthusiast, even if not a in-depth learner of this science, can gain some basic understanding from numerous astrological works available online for free! Besides, my current question would not have arised if I had indeed studied the results of 'many Mercury-transits in my life' because then I won't be posting the query here in the 1st place! That said, there arises many important periods in the life of an astro-enthusiast when 'he starts wondering' what I was wondering about and 'from then on' want to map out the results like you say below, and thus want to confirm with someone who 'knows' whether this is the way to approach! If a forum as this is not the place for such a knowledge sharing, then I wonder where else it becomes more appropriate!

Also, the reason current Mercury transit interests me is not only just because he has triggered an undertaking related to health, but also because he is connected to my Mahadasha and bhukti lord. I said in post #6 that transit Mercury is atop bhukti lord Mars. It so happens that my bhukti lord Mars is also the dispositor of the mahadasha lord and thus transiting Mercury is connected both to the bhukti lord and Mahadasha. Thus, it aroused my curiosity!

Run whatever software you are using and find and note down all the dates when mercury was just where it is now or whatever your point of interest is! Examine (and document for your own sake and learning) those periods when mercury made 'contact' and write down what you actually experienced, as best as you can recall! Note also other transits around those points in time and dasa etc prevailing!

Then pick a few well-known charts in your current collection and study those similarly!

Then compare your own findings and see if there is a pattern that makes sense or not!

This is exactly what I am and plan to do now with what some of us recently got talking about! The child-birth predictors that originally came from Sri K.N. Rao and I am following with a lot of curiosity!
    This is a good suggestion, running through an astro software will give dates when Mercury or any other planet transited crucial points in my chart, but I have no memory of what happened at that time in my life! Yes, I know all that happened in my life, but I do not remember the date/time, etc. So that makes this quest impossible.

It has been my lifelong belief! The meal that is cooked with own hands, with MA's help and guidance, always tastes best and is most nourishing, than any other kind! It does mean extra work and effort, but how else does one learn in a manner that STICKS to our mind and soul...?
    Yes, this is correct, that is precisely what I am trying to do, that is, making an effort to understand the transit on my own but just seeking out help in my baby step for someone to confirm if my move is right or not! :-)

Warm regards,

Viraja
    Last edited by Viraja; 06 February 2014 at 07:32 AM.

I presume that gives the 'results' that I expect from my present undertaking that much 'quicker'!

I wonder whatever gave you that idea! i. Any astro enthusiast, even if not a in-depth learner of this science, can gain some basic understanding from numerous astrological works available online for free! Besides, my current question would not have arised if I had indeed studied the results of 'many Mercury-transits in my life' because then I won't be posting the query here in the 1st place! That said, there arises many important periods in the life of an astro-enthusiast when 'he starts wondering' what I was wondering about and 'from then on' want to map out the results like you say below, and thus want to confirm with someone who 'knows' whether this is the way to approach! If a forum as this is not the place for such a knowledge sharing, then I wonder where else it becomes more appropriate!

Also, the reason current Mercury transit interests me is not only just because he has triggered an undertaking related to health, but also because he is connected to my Mahadasha and bhukti lord. I said in post #6 that transit Mercury is atop bhukti lord Mars. It so happens that my bhukti lord Mars is also the dispositor of the mahadasha lord and thus transiting Mercury is connected both to the bhukti lord and Mahadasha. Thus, it aroused my curiosity!

This is a good suggestion, running through an astro software will give dates when Mercury or any other planet transited crucial points in my chart, but I have no memory of what happened at that time in my life! Yes, I know all that happened in my life, but I do not remember the date/time, etc. So that makes this quest impossible.

Yes, this is correct, that is precisely what I am trying to do, that is, making an effort to understand the transit on my own but just seeking out help in my baby step for someone to confirm if my move is right or not! :-)

Warm regards,

Viraja
    Dear Viraja ji,

Your modesty is commendable :-), but I could not understand that out of the hundreds of mercury transits, recent to remote, you do not recall anything! Maybe I am not understanding what you stated? The other possibility is that in all those earlier hits, NOTHING significant or memorable happened? That in itself is an important signal, is it not?

Best wishes,

Rohiniranjan

<PS: Just noticed that when quote button is used, the entire post with embedded earlier quotations does not appear but only the words of the earlier poster (to whom a reply is addressed! Viraja ji, I am sure that will pose no challenge for you. Perhaps it was because you responded to my earlier message, not in one block but in segments for obviously improving clarity! Oh well, live and learn, as they say>

Dear Ranjan ji,

I won't be able to filter out lot of Mercury transit data from my life events - 'cause I don't remember the date and time of many events.

But a thought crossed in my mind to take the events for which date/time IS available - marriage, childbirth, employment(s) and then study the transit of planets (any and all of them) over significant houses in the chart/padas, etc. Hopefully this will reveal me something interesting! I thank you for the guidance.

Gracias,

Viraja

Dear Ranjan ji,

I won't be able to filter out lot of Mercury transit data from my life events - 'cause I don't remember the date and time of many events.

But a thought crossed in my mind to take the events for which date/time IS available - marriage, childbirth, employment(s) and then study the transit of planets (any and all of them) over significant houses in the chart/padas, etc. Hopefully this will reveal me something interesting! I thank you for the guidance.

Gracias,

Viraja

Yes Viraja ji, I like your approach Rather than trying to find a shiny pin in a haystack of rapid transits, much more practical to look for shiny spots and focus on those first. And to note all influences for and around each shiny point! Then one must repeat the exploration using another haystack (another nativity) and after half a dozen or so haystacks have been explored, to sit down with your notes and analyze to see a definite pattern or consistent one emerges. Then confirm in another larger batch of haystacks and verify if the preliminary patterns stand firm or not. Sometimes, interesting nuances and modifiers emerge which must be noted too. Once all this has been done, then cautiously and transparently (nativity must be informed that it is experimental at this time! You will be surprised how willing even strangers are to cooperate and help, once they are duly apprised!), one must venture into using the patterns in prediction. As more haystacks continue to get explored and confirmed, you will realize how firm your faith grows in your finding and confidence develops. And questions subside! Are you up for the challenge, dear friend...?

May MA bless you!

Rohiniranjan

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Yes Viraja ji, I like your approach Rather than trying to find a shiny pin in a haystack of rapid transits, much more practical to look for shiny spots and focus on those first. And to note all influences for and around each shiny point! Then one must repeat the exploration using another haystack (another nativity) and after half a dozen or so haystacks have been explored, to sit down with your notes and analyze to see a definite pattern or consistent one emerges. Then confirm in another larger batch of haystacks and verify if the preliminary patterns stand firm or not. Sometimes, interesting nuances and modifiers emerge which must be noted too. Once all this has been done, then cautiously and transparently (nativity must be informed that it is experimental at this time! You will be surprised how willing even strangers are to cooperate and help, once they are duly apprised!), one must venture into using the patterns in prediction. As more haystacks continue to get explored and confirmed, you will realize how firm your faith grows in your finding and confidence develops. And questions subside! Are you up for the challenge, dear friend...?

May MA bless you!

Rohiniranjan
    Ah, well, not that massive though!

I have few basic principles I would like to try out - for example, Mercury gives the result of conjoining planet(s). In my chart, since Mercury conjoins Sun, thus his current transit over lagna and bhukti lord, he has brought about health intervention (8th lordship) involving Sun (signifying doctors..). And another dictum I would like to clarify is whether conjunction is a form of parivarthana, and if so, whether my Jupiter will give the result of Venus and vice versa (Venus will give result of Jupiter) and be able to see this result in transits...

First I will try to find these correlations in my chart, and I would indeed feel blessed if I am able to... (for there are so many other concepts such as other simulatenous aspects via drishtis, argala, etc, concepts which I know not much about).

Thank you once again.

Wink Re: Do drishtis on natal planets influence transit planets?

I have few basic principles I would like to try out - for example, Mercury gives the result of conjoining planet(s). In my chart, since Mercury conjoins Sun, thus his current transit over lagna and bhukti lord, he has brought about health intervention (8th lordship) involving Sun (signifying doctors..). And another dictum I would like to clarify is whether conjunction is a form of parivarthana, and if so, whether my Jupiter will give the result of Venus and vice versa (Venus will give result of Jupiter) and be able to see this result in transits...

First I will try to find these correlations in my chart, and I would indeed feel blessed if I am able to... (for there are so many other concepts such as other simulatenous aspects via drishtis, argala, etc, concepts which I know not much about).

Thank you once again.
    Mammoth must be eaten, morsel by morsel!

RR

Any progress...? :-)

Thank you once again.

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information