Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Was Siddhartha of the Solar Dynasty?

Re: Was Siddhartha of the Solar Dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by Aryavartian View Post
    It was practiced by Sakyas when they ventured deep into the Kirata region in order to maintain their gotra purity.Shakyas were orthodox Kshatriyas,surely they won't marry a Kirata tribal.
    That's racist, they have great music, I just hate the fact that so many of them are turning to Maoism, tsk...tsk:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru5ArJA1O-A
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post
    [B][I]That's racist
    I never meant anything racial.But what i said is true though,Kiratas are Himalayan and north eastern tribal people....

I just hate the fact that so many of them are turning to Maoism

And christianity
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

I never meant anything racial.But what i said is true though,Kiratas are Himalayan and north eastern tribal people....
    The way you said it made it seem as if they were inferior to Buddha's clan, that's why I said it sounded racist.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

The way you said it made it seem as if they were inferior to Buddha's clan, that's why I said it sounded racist.
    I was writing from Shakyan POV,they considered Kiratas as inferior to them,that is the reason why Shakyans didn't intermarry with Kiratas
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Yes. I even mentioned how a vedic R^iShi, yAj~navalkya, was from mithilA and how sahadeva is said to have died near shrAvastI, but they claim that since they weren't ethnically "nepAlI," Hinduism is still foreign. Your Iranian theory counteracts their claim that Buddha was a Limbu, and hence "indigenous." I wish that anti-Indian idiot DilipRai from Youtube never spouted his racist nonsense.
    Well , those newaris must know that not a single Tibeto-Burman substrate word occurs in the pali canon.For centuries buddhism has suppressed the indigenous Bon religion of Nepal and tibet

I NEVER said it is a Himalayan or Indian custom!!!! It was practiced by Sakyas when they ventured deep into the Kirata region in order to maintain their gotra purity.Shakyas were orthodox Kshatriyas,surely they won't marry a Kirata tribal.

Here i quote from Ambattha sutta :

And obviously the Sakyas were migrants to Nepal,probably from Ayodhya the capital of Iksvakus.

Namaste Aryavartain ,

Sakyas practised incest long before they ventured into Nepal. Sakyas' Ikshavaku ancestor , Rama pandita, mated with his sister .This happened at Benares.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/j4/j4025.htm

.These regions may have been inhabited by the Asura/Ahura worshiping people(early Iranians)
    And what makes the Sakyas not one of them?

Duh....the so called spherical mound at Lauriya-Nadangarh turns out to be a post-Buddhist stupa and there is no evidence for the eastern Janapadas building circular graves.
    Post Buddha it may be , but Buddhist it definitely isn't.

The Mauryan stupa depicted in that illustration looks nothing like Mauryan era stupas like that of Sanchi.
    That is because the stupa at sanchi was rebuilt under sunga reign.It was also renovated by satavahanas and later rulers until 1100 AD.

That's racist, they have great music, I just hate the fact that so many of them are turning to Maoism, tsk...tsk:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru5ArJA1O-A
    Not impossible . In the aforesaid sutra , Buddha called his rival a 'black slave' .This theme is quite recurrent in the pali canon

Pranam-s,

How valid is the following statement, can any of you confirm?

"Vidaḍūbha, the son of Pasenadi and Vāsavakhattiyā, the daughter of a Śākya named Mahānāma by a slave girl, ascended the throne of Kosala after overthrowing his father. As an act of vengeance for cheating Kosala by sending his mother, the daughter of a slave woman, for marriage to his father, he invaded the Śākya territory, massacred them and annexed it."

-from here

Is it true that the Sakya-s were not viewed favorably by other North Indic/Vedic tribes?
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 06 January 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter ego View Post
    The list of 43 omens mentioned in brahmanjali sutta are (almost) identical to 43 omens inscribed by ancient persians
    Greetings,

Where can one find this list of 43 omens of the ancient Persians?
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji
    "Do everything you do as Śivathondu." -- Yogaswami

Pranam AE,

Quote Originally Posted by Alter ego View Post
    Namaste Aryavartain ,

Sakyas practised incest long before they ventured into Nepal. Sakyas' Ikshavaku ancestor , Rama pandita, mated with his sister .This happened at Benares.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/j4/j4025.htm
    This is a bastardized version of Ramayana! See the footnote:

"The story is like that of the Rāmāyana, except that here Sītā is the hero's sister, not his wife."

Apparently,the "Rama Pandita" is none other than Lord Sri Rama.Would you accept that the Lord,the Maryadapuroshottama, practiced incest with Sita Devi?

This is nothing but a Nastika degradation of the epic and its heroes.It is nothing new,because other Nastika sects like Jainas view that Lord Sri Krishna went to HELL!!!!

Also,please keep in mind that the Jatakas were centuries later than the early Pali cannon.

And what makes the Sakyas not one of them?
    Because Skayas were simply not Asura worshippers! Even in Sutta Nipata,one of the early text of the Pali cannon,Buddhas says as the follows:

" âdiccà nàma gottena sàkiyà nàma jàtiyà,
    Tamhà kulà pabbajitomhi ràja na kàme abhipatthayaü."

"From the lineage Sun(adicca nama gottena) and
    the Sàkya clan(sakiya nama jatiya), I became a homeless
    And have no sensual desires."

Clearly,the Sakyas were from the Surya vamsha,the same line of Lord Sri Rama and not Asura worshipers!

Post Buddha it may be , but Buddhist it definitely isn't.
    Some artifacts from Lauriya-Nandangarh are present in other Buddhist stupas as well.

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=W...eplica&f=false

This could mean that the mound at Lauria-Nandangarh was obviously another Buddhist stupa.

That is because the stupa at sanchi was rebuilt under sunga reign.It was also renovated by satavahanas and later rulers until 1100 AD.
    Yes,i know it was rebuilt by the Sungas,but hey,Sunga era comes right after the Mauryan rule.

Also see this stupa,this was also bult by Ashoka,and it looks nothing like a Kurgan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...upa,Taxila.jpg

Also keep in mind that the Kurgans were burials,while stupas were used for storing cremated materials and other relics.

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Thread Information