Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graha's in Gandanda

Re: Graha's in Gandanda

Namaste Kalicharan Tuvij,

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    Hinduism is still not in public domain.
    Quite right, it is in the back of all of our minds ...

How else would it be at the temporal forefront?

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste Rohiniranjan,

Oh please forgive me, I am getting rather too artistic in my interpretation. This is a mental model that I currently use to visualize the nakshatra, in relation to the Rasi and the "infinity" there between. Agni in the center of each group of nine; looking each at a Junction opposite; the mechanism of the tattva flip with day or night birth means that the Agni is centered. In effect this evolves towards the Junctions in its symmetry.

So yes, I am thinking of the junction of the Rasi to the Nakshatra rather than only the Rasi tattva; Prithvi being the earth nakshatra next to the Jala Rasi or the plasma like heat of ketu, as if it were magma that had cooled into the crust of a globe, or perhaps a molten flow into a shore.
    I rather think the recent creation of the Himalayas to be another example of this force, so to my mind Gaṇḍānta is not all bad. It is true that for those afflicted in this incarnation; it can be terribly hard.

So perhaps the Yamuna would be more fitting to the subject than the Niagara falls. It is said that śiva resides at the meeting place of 3 rivers!

Please do excuse my mercurial ways; this sort of imagery helps me to remember.

Oh now, the Tithi to the nakshatra, now there is an interesting thought; I will need to meditate on this for a while, although any pointers here would be greatly appreciated ...
    I am currently trying to understand the Junction between KumarI and Simha; the lions Jaws. There is perhaps some relation here to Rtu the seasons; but this is, at this time, pure speculation on my part.

Kind regards.

Dear Mana ji,

No need to feel apologetic about the artistic (poetic actually!) flow that is more lunar than mercurian, if you ask me :-), but regardless, flowing thoughts and 'stream of consciousness' sharings are always going to be appreciated by me for sure and hopefully others too! You are a forward-thinker, jee -- whose train of mystical thinking I am struggling to follow! See, for instance, we are stuck on gandanta where the crab is trying to catch the lion (napping?), you have gone forward into where the lion is chasing the kumari! Anyways, returning to our sheep as french say ('a revenons nos moutons), would you be able to confirm if all three nakshatras of mercury are of the nature of fire, where the three given in the keep of ketu belong to the jala tattwa?

If that is true then indeed we see two counter-flows between the rashi tattwa transition (watery signs to fiery signs, such as vrishchika meets dhanu) whereas in the subtler core of that thread would be fire meeting water, if you are able to confirm the nakshatra tattwas). Then maybe we can focus on tithi gandanta and when the three indicate opposing forces then indeed it would signify trouble. Pardon my mercurial thinking, but I think we might be getting close to something, here...!

Which (nakshatra tattwa correlation) might have other problems, such as trying to fit foursome into a carriage that holds 9! If you catch my drift! The gunas might fit there better, just in terms of numbers.

As to rivers, falls and rises, my simple belief is that ALL MAYA was created by GOD and so Niagara or Ma Yamuna, Everest or Rockies, lands eastern or western, and the air of course that flows indiscriminately across the entire globe and is the most free of the four tattwas, that way, ARE all reminders from MA NATURE, the expression of GOD (ONE and ONLY!).

From the INFINITE to the FINITE which contains the unmistakable glimpses of the INFINITE arises this wonderful tool known as astrology!

I hope I am not getting too poetical, here! ;-))

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Namaste,

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji,

Thank you for your kind words, they are motivating to me and this discussion has brought several interesting points to mind; when I say mercurial nature I am referring to lack of focus perhaps, rather than content. But thank you.
    I can indeed confirm the Tattva of the nakṣatra at these junctions, though till now I have been considering the tattva of their lordship.

The relevant Gaṇḍānta nakṣatra tattva are as follows:

aśvinī - agni
    aśleṣā - agni
    maghā - jala
    jyeṣṭhā - jala
    mūla - agni
    Revatī - jala

It is also perhaps worthy of our attention, were we to note that; all of the rāśi contain each of the pa�ca tattva; although each rāśi has a predominant tattva, it is given to the rāśi by the nakṣatra pada tattva.

The Junction between simha and kumarī is an interesting one for jyotiṣa; the start of kumarī is the lamp. This is just after the junction between the agni and jala tattva groups; between pūrva phālguṇī and uttara phālguṇī some say the cot or daytime bed, but here I chose to refer to the lions jaws.

You can never to poetical Rohiniranjan, some times there is more weight or momentum in the meter than could ever be found in dry words.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 05 March 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Re: Graha's in Gandanda (and much more...?)

Dear Mana ji,

Let us just say that at this juncture, you and I are experiencing a synchronicity as the two of us 'old time friends' interact here under the auspicies of this forum and hopefully are moving only slightly away from the usual norm of most forums and are trying to dig deeper and wider. In addition to free readings and fundamental technical talk, we are hopefully looking at the softer but essential roots of the Jyotish Taru. Jyotish is no stranger to verse, for notably, all our sacred scriptures had been expressed as poetry using strict meter, rhyme etc! As too are all prayers (mantras) in our Sanatana dharma. Poetry is the language and parlance of the soul.

You are arousing many thoughts in my heart and mind and hopefully I am reciprocating likewise. A budding urge has been to view the cosmic shrinkhala (chain) as a progression, where one bead leads to another and describes so many facets of the carnate journey of the soul. In the silence of darkness and shoonya arises impulses and activity for activity's sake and Life begins. The fire then finds prithivi and rather than roaming and rushing, it finds a stable place and cultivates crops; then it finds communication and learning; learns to make a home and settle down, raise children in a fluids flow of emotions and love and caring; but must also go out like a proverbial lion to hunt, earn, rule and do all such activities; but must rest too perhaps due to illness or to strategize how best to deal with enemies, how to be more efficient, and such thinking requires a feed of information whether from the library or wherever; then is a time for socializing, spending time with one's beloved and delving deep into the realm of dreams which are mystical, mysterious, at times fraught with danger which the soul bravely embraces all for learning deeper and wider, with passion and dedication; thereby finding guru and higher gyan or the initial steps that then brings the soul to its acme from where the view is clearer and the purpose of this lifetime and its lifetime already known in bits and pieces becomes clearer (bird's eye view requires the bird to fly or perch high!) which brings a sense of gain and satiety which bring the realization that in the Mayavini drama all are related and there are really no foes or permanent losses, for the Universe pulsates on the simple principles of energy exchanges of all kind, pecuniary to providential -- finally coming to the point of ultimate expression (which means exteriorizing or giving) where all baggages and belongings must be handed over, just as when taking an airplane flight, on the final journey to home - moksha and mukti. A prayer that once arose in me years ago, if I may:

Ma Shakti Dey; har klanti ley
    Ma Buddhi Dey; har bhranti ley
    Ma Bhakti Dey; Ma Shanti Dey; Ma Mukti Dey

Mesha is primal awareness
    Mithun is primal awareness of mind
    Kanya is mental awareness
    Vrishchika is primal awareness of soul
    Pisces is full stop!

I see a few other ways of viewing the fundamental astrological scheme of MA, as well but that would be a major drift, at this time from what we are examining!

So my next request would be if you can share the tattwas of all 27 or 28 that have been the alphabet of Jyotish, the deeper alphabet which form the 12 words with which we formulate our jyotish sentences with the help of punctuation marks such as yogas, arishtas, argalas and many such, many more such!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Re: Graha's in Gandanda (and much more...?)

om gurave namah:

Namaste, Dear Rohiniranjan,

I take no credit for the knowledge that I am sharing with you here only perhaps some slight artistic embellishment. In particular, one of which that I must now correct ...
    Simha is of course rising head first and as such the junction is with his tale or hind quarters.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 09 March 2014 at 07:21 AM.

Dear Mana & RohiniRanjan Ji's...

I'm really glad I posted this topic. I'm learning lot via your conversations

My 2 cents....

1. Out of 3 Rasi Gandanda's Vrishika / Dhanur is the most inauspicious.

2. If a child is born with Lagnathipathi within 1 degree on either side of Rasi Juction there is a high probability that the kid will be short lived.

3. In general a planet however powerful or benefit could act as a killer if he is between Vrischika & Dhanur.

Thanks
    Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Dear Mana & RohiniRanjan Ji's...

I'm really glad I posted this topic. I'm learning lot via your conversations

My 2 cents....

1. Out of 3 Rasi Gandanda's Vrishika / Dhanur is the most inauspicious.

2. If a child is born with Lagnathipathi within 1 degree on either side of Rasi Juction there is a high probability that the kid will be short lived.

3. In general a planet however powerful or benefit could act as a killer if he is between Vrischika & Dhanur.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Firstly, my asankhya dhanyavaad, not just to Manaji, but his teachers who allowed this sharing of Brihat Nakshatra as Manaji quoted with such unfailing gratitude. This 'gift' to all of us must be studied and understood, particularly, the Manas tattwa that has been mentioned in this scheme. As to the others and so *pat* responses, hastily given would perhaps not be appropriate!

Krishna ji, thanks for your sharing which you diminuitively call "two cents"! As I was reading your message an interesting coincidence emerged in my awareness!

In the simple rashi-tattwa~nakshatra scheme, the dreaded *G* factor arises (or thought to be...?) when the jala rashi meets agni rashi, and at the same time the nakshatra ruled by budha meets that of ketu! How very interesting as a symbolism!

Budha represents mental order, whereas ketu represents chaos! Uncertainty?

From having spent a lifetime as a sentient being, we (or most of us) are born as a hapless infant and most of them climb out of that initial year or so of chaos and confusion and turn into, (more or less) sentient beings and some even wise -- and then the cycle begins again, with chaos and ends with sentience and even wisdom? In most cases, though of different levels and orders?? From mental perspective???

On the Rashi side (perspective) too there is an interesting observation, although more focused on the gap that is not really there, since the 12 beads are seamless (no gaps between leo 30 and virgo 0, for instance!).

Each birth is between water and fire (at least in Sanatana Dharma Practice). The neonate lives in water tattwa for 9 months and then emerges into the embrace of fire ultimately (at death?). Life as we know fills up the span with other tattwas, in between.

Little wonder that some psychics-philosophers remind us that life for many nativities that seems to drag on and turn into drudgery and we jyotishis and other soothesayers try to assuage is really a Kshana, a moment -- in the much longer journey of the SOUL! ;-)

Think about that and try to see more into Gandanta than just misery and doom and gloom!

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information