Thread: How Did You Get To Sanatana Dharma?

How Did You Get To Sanatana Dharma?

Namaste All, Am wondering if any westerners happened to become Hindu or, if you prefer, embrace the path of Sanata Dharma, via way of so called New Age religion? I may have stayed with that I not recognized it for what I perceive that it is, Hinduism without the deities. Supposedly it was initially to introduce Hinduism to the west, but upon close scrutiny, Jesus is simply thrown in to make it easier for westerners to assimilate. Once you get past the basic intro, I have ever yet to hear him refereed to in a talk. They are however very helpful in teaching some of the finer theological points of Hinduism. I use them as a resource, after all Paramahansa Yogananda was from India and a Hindu. His appeal I think was mainly to the wealthy IMHO. He did also do some excellent explanations and “decoding” of the Bible which I found very helpful.
    AUM
    Last edited by satay; 24 October 2014 at 10:15 AM.

Re: How Did You Get To Sanata Dharma?

Hinduism is hard polytheism, orthodox Christianity is completely incompatible with it, if you want to convert to Hinduism be a hard polytheist first and literally accept the existence of Vedic gods.

Quote Originally Posted by savithru View Post
    Hinduism is hard polytheism, orthodox Christianity is completely incompatible with it, if you want to convert to Hinduism be a hard polytheist first and literally accept the existence of Vedic gods.
    Hello savithru, I always heard that Hinduism is polytheistic but according to all I have learned on my own it is not. All the Gods are manifestations of the one God, who in my mind is Brahman. So, accordingly I see Jesus, Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma as avatars of the one God. Is that not correct?

I referenced Jesus in the origional post because I am comparing new age religion with Hinduism and to me new age is simply Sanata Dharma without any deities except Jesus which they only acknowledge IMHO to attract westerners.

Once I started learning New Age I realized that MY truth lies in actual Hinduism where I still embrace Jesus.

Admin Note

Namaste,

Closing this thread as posts relating to Jesus are not allowed on HDF any longer. Our experience in the past has been that any word containing the word Jesus has brought nothing but anguish on this forum.

If you must talk about J, you should find another suitable forum. HDF is not the forum for such discussions.

Thank you for your understanding.
    satay

Thread Information