Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shiva Yoga

Re: Shiva Yoga

I see I can receive PM's in the forum, by clicking on my name.

However, I do feel that everyone can learn by a thorough discussion and it is better to discuss a real person, than a movie star, because it is impossible to know the inner life of the movie star.

I am willing to go either way.

I see you are a moderator. What do you think?

I have the data ready.
    Last edited by ConnieD; 21 April 2009 at 05:13 PM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    Namasté ConnieD

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieD View Post
    I see I can receive PM's in the forum, by clicking on my name.
    However, I do feel that everyone can learn by a thorough discussion and it is better to discuss a real person, than a movie star, because it is impossible to know the inner life of the movie star. I see you are a moderator. What do you think? I have the data ready.
    Yes, I am the moderator, but only of this jyotiṣ folder/subject matter.
    If you are comfortable with supplying your data, then that is fine.

I hope others entertain your request and look at your chart.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thank you.

June 13, 1947 12:28:14 - 12:30:59 Sagittarius Navamsha Lagna and family physician signed birth certificate
    Highland Park, Wayne County, MI 83W 6 18.50 42 N 23 42.53 Google Earth
    -5 hours GMT September 30, 1946 - 25 April 25, 1948 verified ref: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...=77&syear=1925
    This was called "winter time" and is a state-by-state determined time adjustment for 1946-1947.
    Female

Please answer by PM or in the forum, either way is acceptable.
    Last edited by ConnieD; 22 April 2009 at 11:49 AM.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namasté Connie D.

I was hoping another jyotia would take a look at your chart. That said, let me address the one item I discussed and take ownership, Śiva yoga .

Based upon the information provided, I do not see a Śiva yoga in your chart per the following definition:
    Śiva yoga forms when the lord of the 5th house (bhava) lord is in the 9th, the lord of the 9th is in the 10th, and the lord of the 10th is in the 5th. The 5th , 9th and 10th houses are very favorable and powerful.
    Pending the grāhaka-s¹ involved ( ~planets~) the results or 'blessing' may be a commander of armies (today it could be a politician, a business person with many employees, etc . or even part of the military); this person has the capacity for wisdom and a virtuous life ; again pending the natural qualities of the grāhaka-s forming the yoga.
    Also note I applied an average birth time for the calculation: (12:28:14 + 12:30:59) / 2 = 12:29:37
    This did yield 'Sagittarius Navamsha Lagna' per your note.

Lets compare the Śiva yoga rule mentioned and compare it to what is formed in your chart:
    1. The lord of the 5th , Jupiter, resides in the 3rd house not the 9th house
    2. The lord of the 9th house , Mars, resides in the 9th and not the 10th house.
    3. The lord of the 10th, Venus, resides in the 10th house and not in the 5th.

One may think ' well maybe the jyotiṣa that said a the Śiva yoga forms, meant the D9 or the Navamsa chart'.

The 5th lord does not reside in the 9th; Yet the 9th is in fact in the 10th house, and the 10th house lord is in fact in the 9th, good placements, yet the 5th house does not reside in the 9th house, and the Śiva yoga rule is not fulfilled ( again still beneficial placements).

One more view - perhaps the jyotiṣa is viewing the Śiva yoga from the Arudha Lagna in the rasi or birth chart. This does not occur - the 5th lord is not placed in the 9th, nor does the 9th lord reside in the 10th house; nor does the 10th lord reside in the 5.
    This then fulfills the question posed on Śiva yoga.

Data used:
    Natal Chart ConnieD
    Date: June 13, 1947
    Time: 12:29:37
    Time Zone: 5:00:00 (West of GMT)
    Place: 83 W 16' 19", 42 N 23' 43"

Sunrise: 5:00:47
    Sunset: 20:05:08
    Janma Ghatis: 18.7009

Body Longitude Nakshatra Pada Rasi Navamsa
    Lagna 29 Le 18' 51.94" UPha 1 Le Sg
    Sun - AK 28 Ta 44' 12.48" Mrig 2 Ta Vi
    Moon - PK 19 Pi 52' 03.98" Reva 1 Pi Sg
    Mars - BK 24 Ar 20' 36.80" Bhar 4 Ar Sc
    Mercury - MK 22 Ge 59' 37.91" Puna 1 Ge Ar
    Jupiter (R) - AmK 26 Li 05' 23.87" Visa 2 Li Ta
    Venus - DK 6 Ta 41' 07.54" Krit 4 Ta Pi
    Saturn - GK 12 Cn 56' 19.39" Push 3 Cn Li
    Rahu - PiK 8 Ta 21' 26.85" Krit 4 Ta Pi
    Ketu 8 Sc 21' 26.85" Anu 2 Sc Vi
    Maandi 5 Cn 04' 15.35" Push 1 Cn Le
    Gulika 23 Ge 41' 21.96" Puna 2 Ge Ta
    Bhava Lagna 20 Vi 38' 39.54" Hast 4 Vi Cn
    Hora Lagna 12 Cp 50' 58.67" Srav 1 Cp Ar
    Ghati Lagna 19 Sg 27' 56.06" PSha 2 Sg Vi
    Vighati Lagna 22 Le 32' 43.00" PPha 3 Le Li
    Varnada Lagna 29 Ta 18' 51.94" Mrig 2 Ta Cp
    Sree Lagna 25 Sc 44' 39.40" Jye 3 Sc Aq

praṇām

Last edited by yajvan; 27 April 2009 at 01:22 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thank you, yajvan.

This question started because I asked: What is my Ishta Devata, Pälana Devata, and Guru Devata.

I am, of course, interested in chart rectification.

I read: "AL, A1..A9 and UL are arudra lagnas. An Arudha Pada of a house or a planet (graha) mirrors the entity. It indicates "Maya", or 'illusions' assosiated with that entity. Arudhas of houses indicate illusions or perceptions of others around areas of life of the native, and Arudhas of planets indicate illusion or perception about entities indicated by the planets".

The Arudra Lagna?

It is helpful to know the illusions about oneself and that of others to you. I am interested, of course.

I am interested in any and all truth available in vedic astrology.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

Please consider reading Posts 1,2 & 3 on this matter of Iṣṭa-devatā :
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=746
    This link brings you to post 1, you will clearly see 2 & 3 from this location.

Arudha lagna : http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13124#post13124

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

yajvan,

I did.

This may seem quite odd, but I do not know if I count clockwise or counterclockwise. I also do not know if I count a bhava (house) the graha (planet) is in, starting with 1 in that bhava (house) or graha (planet).

In addition, you have list 10 grahas, including Rahu, Ketu and Lagna. In one place, you explain Ketu is not counted. However, lagna is listed and there is no explanation lagna is not counted.

I also do not know, why, if the graha having the greatest longitude, in the list you have provided in the instruction about Ishtadevata, includes the lagna (ascendant) then, in my chart, why is the Atmakaraka (AK) not the lagna (ascendant)?

Lagna has the greatest longitude, therefore Kalki is indicated.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namasté

This may seem quite odd, but I do not know if I count clockwise or counterclockwise. I also do not know if I count a bhava (house) the graha (planet) is in, starting with 1 in that bhava (house) or graha (planet).

In addition, you have list 10 grahas, including Rahu, Ketu and Lagna. In one place, you explain Ketu is not counted. However, lagna is listed and there is no explanation lagna is not counted.

I also do not know, why, if the graha having the greatest longitude, in the list you have provided in the instruction about Ishtadevata, includes the lagna (ascendant) then, in my chart, why is the Atmakaraka (AK) not the lagna (ascendant)?

Lagna has the greatest longitude, therefore Kalki is indicated.
    Connie D,
    there are many ( many) rules. Yet I cannot discern from your post what questions you are asking and about what. I do not wish to guess as that is not wise. Can you be so kind that when you create an inquiry provide some headings or subject title to your questions. This will help.

I will assume:
    • Iṣṭa-devatā calculation is your first question. The count goes in the same direction of the zodiac , house 1,2,3,4,5 , like that. Not 1,12,11,10.
    • Note you count the first house that the atma-karaka is in also... you do not start with the next house. So atma-karaka house is count 1, then the next sign is 2, then 3,4,5, like that.
    • Ketu is not counted as a possible atmakaraka - I do not wish to explain at this point - Ketu is not a candidate for this calcuation and for this particular approach.
    • Why is lagna not the AK? Because AK is a location, not a grāhaka. It would be like saying, why is my house not talking to me? Its a location , not an entity that communicates. See my point.
    NOW all that said, your AK is the Sun. your Iṣṭa-devatā is (IMHO) is the Sun also , as the 12th from the sun is the sign of Leo. Leo is owned by the Sun AND There is no planet (grāhaka) in the 12th house, or stongly aspecting Leo; hence it is the owner of the house ( Sun) that takes the Iṣṭa-devatā position. There is harmony between AK and Iṣṭa-devatā - this is a blessing in your chart.

AND , ketu ( the karaka of moksa) resides with the Sun - you are again blessed if you are spiritually oriented. - again a blessing in the chart. AND Sun is in the 10th house both in the rasi chart ( birth chart) and in the navamsa ( D9) chart , which it receives dig-bala, directional strength - another blessing.

You now decide who the Iṣṭa-devatā will be in terms of form and formless. You have all the information needed and the blessings of the graha-s to move forward... pls. avoid squandering the opportunity of AK & Iṣṭa-devatā in harmony - and as you would be selling diamonds for the price of cabbage.

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thank you, yagvan.

I have received a better answer than the question asked.

I have asked for further clarification of the original assertion shiva yoga is to be found in my vedic astrology charts. I have the answer.

I am asking is it true:

Is Sun/Ketu in trines another Shiva Yoga?

I am also asking:

Do I have Sun/Ketu in trines?

hari o
    ~~~~~~

Namasté ConnieD

Thank you, yagvan.
    I have asked for further clarification of the original assertion shiva yoga is to be found in my vedic astrology charts. I have the answer. I am asking is it true: Is Sun/Ketu in trines another Shiva Yoga? I am also asking: Do I have Sun/Ketu in trines?
    Do we know what a trikona is first? and who owns these trines and who owns the kendras-s? This too is an excellent question and resides in this Jyotish folder for viewing.

That said, the definition:
    Śiva yoga forms when the lord of the 5th house (bhava) lord is in the 9th, the lord of the 9th is in the 10th, and the lord of the 10th is in the 5th. The 5th , 9th and 10th houses are very favorable and powerful.
    Pending the grāhaka-s¹ involved ( ~planets~) the results or 'blessing' may be a commander of armies (today it could be a politician, a business person with many employees, etc . or even part of the military); this person has the capacity for wisdom and a virtuous life ; again pending the natural qualities of the grāhaka-s forming the yoga.

Note the trines are called out - the 5th and the 9th ( trines are 1st, 5th and 9th houses) in the definition just offered, just so we are using the correct terms.

In your chart ketu is in the 4th, a kendra, and the sun is in 10th ( another kendra - 1,4,7 and 10th are kendra-s); hence not in trines.

• Are they ( Sun and ketu) in trines from the Arudha Lagna? No.
    • In trines from Sun as a lagna itself? No , only the Sun would be in a trine , as calculated from itself.
    • What if we used the moon as a lagna location ( again using sun and moon for lagna positions and calculations are done and not unusual) . In this case Ketu is a home ( Scorpio) and is in a trine to the moon, but the Sun is in the 3rd - not a trine.
    Hence no Śiva yoga that I see. Perhaps someone wiser then me sees another calculation that I have dismissed.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 04 May 2009 at 11:11 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thread Information