Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Soul's Inclination

Re: Soul's Inclination

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    "instrument in bringing about the action", in other words, "the pathfinder". Now, Rāhu comes from rāha राह (path/ पथ), and thus means "pathfinder".

That is the offer here. Namely, Rāhu indeed is the Origin-point, the identity element, of the chart, the A in the alphabet.
    While I see the gallant effort made and applaud it , the roots (dātu) of this word tells me differently.
    Rāhu is rooted in rabh - to take hold of , grasp , clasp , embrace ( please feel free to look this up). The alignment to 'pathfinder' for me is a stretch of poetic liberty.

If I chose a word ( again if pressed on it) I would use catalyst.
    Catalyst = an agent that provokes or speeds significant change or action , yet is not used up itself. Some may be allured to the sanskrit name of vījana or to ātmāvejana meaning fanning ( as to fan a flame) or to autocatalysis, which is a rough approximation ( best I can offer).

Yet I leave you to your point of view and hope it serves you well.

iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 10 June 2014 at 07:37 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Hello Krishnaji ,
    According to me SATURN and Moon are the deciding factors . where Saturn is in exchange with Moon and/or is associated with 5 th house , karaka lagna , and 9th house , we find a sort of deatachment which leads to the spiritual quest. Sun is no doubt athmaaraka , but unless he is strong and of benefic nature to a particular lagna , He gives more ego and bigotry. The other planets singly or jointly are not capable of giving the datachment to the level which Saturn promises . Here I am taking only d1 chart . We can study by going deeply in to various divisonal charts .But many times we cant arrive at the correct charts . Then again ,if a yoga is there in the first place , we can probe further with regard to quality , precision , time ,and some such factors . rgds, ls

Hello kRishna ji ,
    The reply is meant for sanyasa yoga . I am sorry for the wrong placement of the mail which should have been under different topic
    rgds

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

While I see the gallant effort made and applaud it , the roots (dātu) of this word tells me differently.
    Rāhu is rooted in rabh - to take hold of , grasp , clasp , embrace ( please feel free to look this up). The alignment to 'pathfinder' for me is a stretch of poetic liberty.

Catalyst = an agent that provokes or speeds significant change or action , yet is not used up itself. Some may be allured to the sanskrit name of vījana or to ātmāvejana meaning fanning ( as to fan a flame) or to autocatalysis, which is a rough approximation ( best I can offer).

iti śivaṁ
    Pranam,

I wrote on (poetic) flow about that one, I agree. But doesn't experience show the most beautiful and spontaneous things are also aligned with the most truthful?

Looking further into this, there is no basis for "rabh" being the root of rāhu (where is bh?). I am ready to discuss more, if need be.
    rahu, m. The Seizer, Rahu, who is sup-
    posed to seize and swallow sun and moon,
    and thus cause eclipses, [probably from rabh]
    On a serious note, we have this important word from RV:

varāhu

m. a boar, hog, RV.
    pl. N. of partic. winds.
    N. of a class of gods belonging to the middle sphere.
    The word varāha is a synonym to varāhu.

Now,
    varāhu = va + rāhu
    = "on the other side of rāhu" / "on Lord Vāyu's side of rāhu"

Moreover, varāhu/ varāha means boar, i.e. paśu.
    Therefore rāhu means, "that which is beyond/ other side of paśu".

And that would be, ātmā.
    ātmā, the traveller, the rāhī. In Arabic, Rahul means traveller. Even in Hindi it is an auspicious word in vogue as a popular name.

As I said earlier, I am not a Jyotishi - don't even plan to be one - yet the issue I've raised here isn't frivolous.
    Also, there are things that cannot be shared or communicated easily.

Considering this, "Rāhu of rāha" is easy enough.

There is no need to believe that the Rsis foolishly thought Rahu as the devourer demon of Sun, and therefore named it along the lines of gras, rabh, and so on. But we of course are free to believe and do what "works for us".
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

iti śivaṁ
    I am not a language shastri, so my word is not authoritative, but afaik "Raah" does mean path in hindi, Urdu, hindustaani (a mix of shuddha hindi, Urdu etc, a colloquial language/dialect in India), Rahu is not a term from those languages and so its connotations must only be utilized rather carefully with technical terms and nomenclature used in traditional jyotish. Given the nature of rahu and its implications in practical jyotish, my sense is that Yajvan ji's description is indeed correct.

Any planet can be a pathfinder in essence or perhaps a beacon or torch that our individual path leads towards or receives the light from!

Love, Light, Reality,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information