Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drikanith Vs Vakya

Re: Drikanith Vs Vakya

RR Ji,

I agree with you. But my quest is to understand which system ( Vakya & Drik) works for massess. There should be some standard to derive the charts.

Its always good to have a baseline so that we need not bother on the accuracy of the charts.

Hope you agree with me!

Thanks
    Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    RR Ji,

I agree with you. But my quest is to understand which system ( Vakya & Drik) works for massess. There should be some standard to derive the charts.

Its always good to have a baseline so that we need not bother on the accuracy of the charts.

Hope you agree with me!

Thanks
    Krishna

Dear Krishna ji,

I fully agree in essence to what you are saying. When I entered the realm of jyotish as a neophyte some five decades ago, I was hoping to find exactly such a system where rules are rigidly laid out and had there been PCs back then, one would have dreamt of a software in which all rules can be fed and enter data and press a button and iRobot the PC astrologer would create a report that would be exactly what the rules will indicate. But even then each astrologer seemed to arrive at a different conclusion. When computer arrived, some driven by similar naivété actually brought about such software (tropical side) and the 20-30 page report was full of hits and misses! "Well, jyotish can do better if only a programmer...!" Some brave programmers like Goravani and Boender and a few others tried, by using jyotish rules (yogas etc) and the same result! Jyotishis still manage to do better, despite their differences! Then another confusing matter of ayanamsha. Some 25-30 variations on the sidereal theme had been played and each with its devotees, each claiming that they saw GOD (you know what I mean!). I doubt very much that they were all wrong or some telling the truth and others lying. But I doubt that too! Interpretations varied and each school kept on working in isolation and in a cloistered secrecy (or was it SUPREMACY?). Then I found that even definition of accuracy varied! Number of hits like 80%, 82%, 95% were claimed. But Late Dymock's semi-blind quizzes each month for several years (80 quizzes or so online!), 10-20 brave ones (different ones each time) participated each time with a success rate of 20-30% or so, pretty steadily. Most events were of a serious to very significant nature. But jyotishis in other settings and fora, had been predicting all things from food preferences to death, and surely that is a huge spectrum of predictions and prediction-types, won't you say? So the entire field has remained shrouded in mystery and compartments who tended to/tend to share not much. So folks are forced/have been forced to do what they could manage! In short, claims outnumber by documentation and details which could have been more educational to all learners. Now with internet the communication hurdle has been overcome, but the old habits have not! All kinds of excuses have been proferred for keeping things under wraps!

In such a milieu that continues to exist, other than occasional leakage/sharings, here and there, we learners remain dreaming of this validatable baseline or get cracking on our own, like you have done with this vakya exploration of yours. So kudos to you! Hopefully, once you have really cracked it, you will not go in sacred secrecy on some pretext or the other!

Confounding all this mish-mash of techniques, ayanamshas, secret and revealed techniques, partisanship, claims of accuracy (where and of what kind and most importantly the HOW? The details in which the Devil always exists, as they say!) is the matter about INTUITION! Whether it be that chart just is like a physical cue, such as tarot cards, and yarrow sticks, and ramal and kauris and so on. That component is difficult to fathom and is not going to go away! Most jyotishis would vehemently deny that and not out of nefarious reasons but because sometimes intuition works in subtle ways and does not just hand the jyotishi the answers but gently nudges the attention to certain factors or combination or a specific technique etc that clinches the answer, on good days! Astrological delineation is not a simple linear process ultimately but is a multi-factorial analysis and synthesis that is going on in the computer between the ears of the jyotishi! The best and most illustrative get into the books and articles just as in textbooks of medicine, the diseases are described nicely and sensibly. But when the patient arrives, often the textbook does not fit the reality, although pretty close. So ultimately, the most effective teacher happens to be reality and hands-on experience. Until then, we keep studying post-hoc (post-mortems?) and hope that we can store so many patterns in our head that some meaningful answers can be given. Those who persist do find that to be the case. A very few manage to document those, others give ancedotal references which are true but lack details! That is where large databases come in handy and help in testing reality or in other words expected(claimed) vs observed. The fine test of reality!

So, please note down and document all details if you can since you have only recently started on this exploration
    and some day you might be able to give us some definite direction as to which is better, vakya or drika. Please also indicate what software or resources you used and please do not use too many because it would make more work for you, and you might be overwhelmed by the task and would be reluctant to document all details due to lack of time and perhaps the need for having a LIFE and family to feed and care for, etc. I wish you win a lottery or get into Bill Gates or Tata's good books and then you can devote 24 hours to the pursuit! (that last part was simply mercurian levity! The earlier paragraphs were more saturnine! :-)
    Love, Light, Reality,

Rohiniranjan

{Add: One gentleman/lady on another forum recently mentioned that one can predict a lot based on Bhrigu/Nandi/other nadis even without knowing the lagna, so only birthdate and place. This theoretically would mean all born on the same date would have the same life-pattern and hence mind-boggling to many of us. S/He does not share the techniques because those can only be learned at the feet of a Guru! So case closed!?! But maybe there is hope? Sri R.G. Rao (famous nadi visharad)'s disciple Satyanarayana Naik has recently published a meaty tome titled Revelations from Naadi Jyotisha, Sagar Publications, ISBN: 81-7082-089-8; if someone is interested. I am going through it, as and when time permits, so cannot comment on its value as perceived by me. This is not an endorsement!}

Dear RR Ji,

Thanks for your kind words and I totally agree with you though am much younger in terms age and knowledge thank you!

As of now I'm using common softwares for Drik and Books ( Tamil Books - Panchangas for Vakya).

There seems to be some accuracy in Vakya Panchangas as per my initial analysis. I'll post periodical updates as I progress.

On a side note I found couple of interesting points here....

1. People born in Ketu stars are not having an ideal married life. ( Arranged , Love and even second marriages irrespective of 7th lord, 7th house, Venus in the chart. May be these souls are meant to lead more of a sacred life.
    When I say ideal... real bonding between wife and husband.

2. Planets seems to behave more of there relative position from there lordship. Let's say for Pisces Lagna, Guru is placed in Rishaba. Guru is comparitively closer to Lagna than 10th house and hence Guru behaves more of lagnathipathi.

The above points are more of my observation and I do not have reference from books.

Thanks
    Krishna

Dear RR Ji,

Thanks for your kind words and I totally agree with you though am much younger in terms age and knowledge thank you!

As of now I'm using common softwares for Drik and Books ( Tamil Books - Panchangas for Vakya).

There seems to be some accuracy in Vakya Panchangas as per my initial analysis. I'll post periodical updates as I progress.

On a side note I found couple of interesting points here....

1. People born in Ketu stars are not having an ideal married life. ( Arranged , Love and even second marriages irrespective of 7th lord, 7th house, Venus in the chart. May be these souls are meant to lead more of a sacred life.
    When I say ideal... real bonding between wife and husband.

2. Planets seems to behave more of there relative position from there lordship. Let's say for Pisces Lagna, Guru is placed in Rishaba. Guru is comparitively closer to Lagna than 10th house and hence Guru behaves more of lagnathipathi.

The above points are more of my observation and I do not have reference from books.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Young or old, such observations must not be automatically looked at diminuitively. Maybe you have a point about the ketu observation. But I am assuming that you are cocking an eye (metaphorically) at what or who ketu represents, its connection with specific houses and areas in life and the association of ketu (not meaning just conjuction or co-location in a rashi etc) with factors associated with married life/partners and the karakas, etc. I would, if I were you, as the next level of inspection...

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

RR Ji,

Irrescpetive of Ketu's position, conjuction, aspects etc the results are quite common. Even people having favourable 7th house, 7th lord , Venus, Mars are facing this issue. The only common thread is Ketu star so far...

Thanks
    Krishna

RR Ji,

Irrescpetive of Ketu's position, conjuction, aspects etc the results are quite common. Even people having favourable 7th house, 7th lord , Venus, Mars are facing this issue. The only common thread is Ketu star so far...

Thanks
    Krishna
    Very intriguing! I don't recall ever reading a similar observation in books or articles or even forum messages, ever! So marital life of nearly leading 44% of mesha, simha, dhanu (charndra) rashis are in doldrums! Worse if both spouses belong to this ill-fated star group!

You must be commended! Bravo!!

Regards.

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

RR Ji,

My sample set is around 10 only for now...I'll try to expand further and keep it posted when time permits.

Similar lines people having no planets in Kendras will be good saints or having difficult marriage life.

Ketu Star Natives - I think there soles are meant for Gnana Marga...

Thanks
    Krishna

RR Ji,

My sample set is around 10 only for now...I'll try to expand further and keep it posted when time permits.

Similar lines people having no planets in Kendras will be good saints or having difficult marriage life.

Ketu Star Natives - I think there soles are meant for Gnana Marga...

Thanks
    Krishna
    You mean GnaN without Guru (Jupiter)? I would check closely for any drishti, rashi, tara sambandhas in those cases, just so I do not drift too far away from the calming shores that our ancient Teachers have left behind as our global inheritance! Although the entire WILL remains to be executed and many treasures remain scattered and hidden, in one sense or the other! :-)

But what we have received and is revealed (on the table) is enough to keep the grist for the mill for a few lifetimes of search, research and learning, I am sure!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information