Thread: Writing Opportunities Related to Hinduism

Writing Opportunities Related to Hinduism

Namaste HDF,

I have a very important question, as I need something to stimulate my creative writing muse...I want to write about Hinduism, but I don't see much opportunity to do so. Sure, there's my blog, Light Club, and I know I got published once in Hinduism Today, but other than that, I don't see much inspiration or opportunity.

I know as a freelance writer, sometimes you got to come up with a good pitch for a specific story before anyone will consider you, but I can't even come up with any good pitches lately. So therefore I'm hoping this forum can advise me.

What are some good topics to write about related to Hinduism, and where can I write about them? Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Writing Opportunities Related to Hinduism

Hari Om

Namaste

Webimpulse, my thoughts on what. No help on where. Also, as usual, will be long winded.

1. Even with much positive with world, what would be our status if world was predominately vegetarian? Much, much, on this within www. and even within HDF. This is beyond a very wide category for which your creative juices and discretion could go myriad of angles.

2. Why are you a Hindu? A personal angle is always compelling to me as reader.

3. NRI that you have known and their assimilation experiences, etc.? Perhaps, to non Hind reader add empathy. Understanding is beautiful.

4. What is like to be HIndu in U.S.A. culture where you reside?

5. Your view of Sadhana. Am prejudiced here but think this would make such interesting reading for observer. They would get introduction and this would make distinction from cousin path.

6. Perhaps history of Bharat overview. This would take much research but, why not?

7. A visionary one, how could this path make not only the Jiva's present journey better but make world as currently is, better.

Best of luck and much respect.

Jai Jai Jai Hanuman!

FFTW

Re: Writing Opportunities Related to Hinduism

Vannakkam:

What I see is a need for is Hindu fiction. Modern Hindu fiction, where the characters are Hindu, they go to temples, they have western problems, and they deal with them in Hindu ways. Our kids have to read western fiction all the time, it would be nice if there was some fiction with Hindu characters.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information