Thread: SAD,SHOULD I LEAVE HDF

Unhappy SAD,SHOULD I LEAVE HDF

Namaste,

In the ongoing controversy in one of the post,I was accused of horrible things.I'm really hurt.

The intention behind continuously expressing my views was so that Hindus can be closer to the real Vedic teachings.But I do respect the right of every person to believe whatever he/she wants to and practice religion as they would like to.My views were meant for those who have faith in the Vedas and Vedic Devatas and I felt they must know and be aware of the truth.Srimad Shankaracharya expressed the same thing.

I'm sad but I feel I can't continue here as some people here just want to subvert traditional Hinduism.I would like members to give me honest feedback and point out any mistakes done by me.In case my views were wrong,I'll will give them up,apologize and will leave HDF with a heavy heart._/\_

Regards,
    Ram

He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Re: SAD,SHOULD I LEAVE HDF

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Ram116040 View Post
    Namaste,

In the ongoing controversy in one of the post,I was accused of horrible things.I'm really hurt.
    I do like to follow your posts, but I've to admit I am not following that particular thread.

The intention behind continuously expressing my views was so that Hindus can be closer to the real Vedic teachings.But I do respect the right of every person to believe whatever he/she wants to and practice religion as they would like to.My views were meant for those who have faith in the Vedas and Vedic Devatas and I felt they must know and be aware of the truth.Srimad Shankaracharya expressed the same thing.
    I agree 100% here. Just because Vedic thought doesn't makes much sense to some doesn't mean that it is devoid of sense. Actually, the deepest things are either understood (through sraddhā or intuition) or not understood at all, there being no middle ground for misunderstanding (or distorting, delightfully, as they can do with lesser systems).

I'm sad but I feel I can't continue here as some people here just want to subvert traditional Hinduism. I would like members to give me honest feedback and point out any mistakes done by me.In case my views were wrong,I'll will give them up,apologize and will leave HDF with a heavy heart._/\_

Regards,
    Ram
    Obsessive people make the most noise. But in the end the sane and silent voice is what counts. And remember, there are many readers here, who don't post, but understand everything that goes on. There are still other albeit infrequent posters (Avyaydya, etc) who have deeper understanding of Dharma.

So, stay here, take a break or two if need be.

KT

sraddhā : faith
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Namaste,

I honestly have no idea what happened, but personally, I've found you, Ram116040, to be very accommodating to Westerners looking to adopt Sanatana Dharma. I haven't found what I've read of your posts offensive at all. That said, I haven't read everything. Maybe you should elaborate on what happened?

Vannakkam: HDF is a forum. Forums are where people express opinions. Opinions differ. We either learn to accept that, or we move on. If someone disagrees, that is just their opinion. Opinions, especially here on the internet, should be seen as just that, and never taken personally.

Many souls have passed this way. Many more will come and go. It's been 8 plus years, perhaps longer. Some leave on their own accord from losing interest, getting bored, or in angry rages. Others come by once oty twice a year, and take long breaks.

These days HDF is a huge resource. Our library is extensive. We have maybe 10 times as many readers as contributors.

Nobody is saying, 'Stay', and nobody is saying 'Leave.' It is the Hindu way to let people choose on their own.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Ram116040 View Post
    [SIZE=3]In the ongoing controversy in one of the post,I was accused of horrible things.I'm really hurt.
    Oh, grow up and don't be so sensitive. Just because somebody tries to make you feel bad because his/her views don't agree with yours does not mean you should leave. Putting a guilt trip on others, coming up with a torrent of tears, pretending to be civil while at the same time inflicting pain on others are all old tricks. If somebody was really nice and really felt hurt without them dishing out pain first, they would leave quietly. To me, when somebody says, 'I am leaving because so and so hurt me' is a clear sign they don't care about you or your welfare. Their views and life is ego driven and their behavior manipulative. So, leave if you must, but not because you have hurt anyone. These are all pretensions. People pretend to be victims to feel good about themselves and to make others feel lousy. Don't fall into that trap. I trust your judgement and hope you will stay and continue to take part in discussions.

Best wishes.

Pranam.

Namaste,
    What eastern mind and believer said. For the record, I have no idea why you are hurt and which posts are you referring to. I have found your posts to be good.
    satay

Namaste Ram116040

I have no idea what posts or forum give and take ypu are talking about, perhaps I should go back and review, but honestly your member name doesn't stand out in my eye or notice as some sort of "red flag", I don't recall anything much at all so ...

hang around!

Never let some internet forum or "internet Hindus" hurt your feelings, I have had my share of give and take but those who know me they also know I laugh it off and frankly am not one "living my life in a chat room" if you will.

Go to what you think is a Vedic temple and have real communion, but take the internet "stress test" with a grain of salt. Stay around, you might want to share your perspective.

By the way, curious, what does the 116040 part of your member name mean?

Om Namah Sivaya

Dear Ram Ji,

I am the 'culprit' that made you think of leaving.

Its just that we had a difference of opinion.

Please dont leave..anyone who wants to know what actually happened can see Sai Baba Temple thread.. and Ram ji I have already written an explanation for you to read there.

Please dont feel bad and dont leave.

I am also a fellow Hindu and if you want to leave just becos of a difference of opinion with me..imagine if in future if you were face an Anti Hindu? You would like to run away too. Have you visited Non Hindu Forums? You would be surprised to know that the new tactic is to plagiarize Hinduism and use that against Hindus. Comparatively I am technically "harmless" and just voicing my opinion in a way that might not be familiar with you.

If you did not like what I wrote you have every right to get up and "fight" with me but dont retreat..be brave and stay here.
    Last edited by renuka; 11 July 2014 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,
    What eastern mind and believer said. For the record, I have no idea why you are hurt and which posts are you referring to. I have found your posts to be good.
    Namaste,

EM ji and Believer ji has given good practical advice. There were lot many things that HDF has witnessed in past and this is nothing as compared to it. Gland you are not there at that time

See, take it positive. If you get hurt by somebody, then your mind is weak. Blows are what awaken us. Our faith should by so strong that none can shake it. You should not get emotionally disturbed.

Here we present the point. There will be some who agree and there will be some who disagree. At times there is heated exchange of words. But then we must forget and move on. You cant be that sensitive. At best do not reply to that thread and unsubscribe from it. There is no compulsion to reply. Just move on.

Please understand HDF is a public forum, an open place to discuss hindu dharma

Satay ji, it is regarding the thread Sai Baba Temple thread Post 60 #. Pl check a few threads before and after.

Hari OM
    Last edited by Amrut; 12 July 2014 at 06:50 AM.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Dear Ram ,
    you need not and should not leave .You are perfectly justified in your stand .All the problems like these arise because of the tendency to humanise Gods and divinise humans . There is nothing wrong because , the God whom we have given various names , traits , shapes and forms does have none of those and since we have a limited perception and since we are incapable of concentrating on formless , shape less , nameless God , we have settled down with many forms .When a devotee reaches a state where there is no need for all these things naturally he does not need any prop .

Thread Information