Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
I think its wrong because it homosexuality harms, if you do unnatural things it harms you.
Well, first of all any mature and sane person has a right to harm himself is he wishes to do so. No one should stop him unless it implies harm to others. It is his problem and not yours or mine
Secondly, many things which are usually considered by moralists to be proper are in fact unnatural. Keeping celibacy is unnatural for example.

I personally would tolerate it too if it is not shown openly and if it is not promoted. I dislike most the gay subculture of the west with their tv programms, magazines,gay parades,festivals etc.
Agree regarding promotion. However i don't think it's socially good to hide these things, as they only take more ugly and violent forms when hidden. Pedophilia and homosexuality among monks and priests is a good example.

Adultery is very serious too, you humble and harm your brother or sister if you have sex with his/her wife/husband.
Wife or husband is NOT a property of her/his partner. If sex is done upon mutual feeling it is *natural*, that simple. I don't say it is better to have sex outside marriage (it may be or may be not), but state the right of any person to do as he/she wills.
All this stuff around adultery was developed to keep people under control. It has nothing to do with religion and spirituality.

Regarding homosexuality, it is unnatural, but i don't see any reason why it should be taken as a sin or whatsoever. In Tantrism it makes difference, but many other Hindu philosophies should not have any troubles with homosexuality (if social matters are taken aside). Moreover, in some sects homosexuality is considered as normal, especially in north vaishnavism.