Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reveling as Self

Re: Reveling as Self

अखिन्नँ क्षणमासीनः पश्य सँसार-नाटकम्।
    चिदानन्दघनँ स्वच्छम् आत्मानँ च विभावय।
    एवँ स्थास्यसि नित्यँ चेत् तीर्णाऽसि भवसागरात्॥

Seated for a moment, undejected, observe this drama of the samsara and contemplate on the Pure Self as the mass of consciousness and Bliss. If you always remain thus, you have crossed the ocean of samsara.
    ------> Yoga Vasishta Maharamayanam.
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

if a monkey has a wound ... it would not allow it to heal ... it keeps on scratching it every time it heals a little bit! as a result the wound never heals ! in normal course it should have healed.

same thing with our worldliness ... we do not allow it to heal ... we keep on scratching it !!

-> Swami Tattvavidananda Saraswati.

Whatever thoughts come, ignore them. You have to ignore anything that is connected to the body-mind idea, anything that is based on the notion that you are the mind or the body. if you can do this, the raising of thought will not disturb or distract you. in a split second , it will run away.
    All thoughts are distractions, including the thought ' i am meditating'. if you are the Self, darkness will not overcome you. what ever thoughts arise in that state wont affect you.

--> Annamalai Swami Final Talks , page 86

What ever kind of thought arises, have the same reaction: 'Not me, not my business'. IT can be a good thought or a bad thought. Treat them the same way. To whom are these thoughts arising ? To You. That means you are not the thought.
    You are the Self. Remain as the Self, and don't latch onto anything that is not the Self.

--> Annamalai Swami Final Talks 84

Remember , nothing that happens to mind is 'you', and none of it is your business. You don't have to worry about thoughts that rise up inside you.Its enough that you remember that the thoughts are not you.

---> Annamalai Swami Final Talks pg 82

Page 260, living by the words of bhagavan
    Annamalai Swami

You must generate the conviction, "I am the all-pervasive consciousness in which all bodes and minds in the world are appearing and disappearing. I am that consciousness which remains unchanged and unaffected by these appearances and disappearances ". Stabilise yourself in that conviction. Thats all you need to do.

Q: You say that everything is the Self, even maya. If this is so, why cant I see the Self clearly ? If this is so, why can't I see the Self clearly ?
    Why is it hidden from me ?

AS: Because you are looking in the wrong direction. You have the idea that the Self is something that you see or experience . This is not so. The Self is the Awareness or consciousness in which the seeing and the experiencing take place.
    Even if you don't see the Self, the Self is still there. Bhagavan some times remarked humorously: "People just open a newspaper and glance through it. Then they sau , ' I have seen the paper'. But really they haven't seen the paper , they have only seen the letters without the paper, but people always forget the paper while they are reading the words "

Bhagavan would then use this analogy to show that while people see the names and forms that appear on the screen of consciousness, they ignore the screen itself. With this kind of partial vision its easy to come to the conclusion that all forms are unconnected with each other and separate from the peron who sees them. If people were to be aware of the consciousness instead of the forms that appear in it, they would realize that all forms are just appearances which manifest within the one invisible consciousness.

That consciousness is the Self that you are looking for. You can be that consciousness but you can never see it because its not something that is separate from you.

---> Annamalai Swami pg 265-266, living by the words of Bhagavan

Thread Information