Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothesis on chakras and karma

Hypothesis on chakras and karma

Hypothesis: The state of various chakras of the body constitute the inherent karmas of a person. Thus, the closed or open state of a chakra, and if closed, the nature of obstacles surrounding it define the circumstances and life experiences (destiny) one is born into. Thus the 7 chakras, obstacles surrounding them define the wide array of circumstances one is exposed to in life.

The above is just a rough hypothesis. Welcome any insight that is related to the above.

Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Hypothesis on chakras and karma

This implies that, (on the basis of what I have read long time ago), for a realized yogi - meaning one whose kundalini has risen up to reach his sahasrara chakra, all channels of spiritual pathways (chakras) are open and such a yogi gets rid of his bondage to karmas and is never reborn...

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Aspirant01,

Is it not the birth and death of our ego during this life, more pertinent to us and those about us?

Many people don't see their moods swing, are you aware when yours does?
    What do you do to keep your balance, from whom or where do you draw your resources?

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    हरिः ओम्

Namaste Aspirant01,

Is it not the birth and death of our ego during this life, more pertinent to us and those about us?

Many people don't see their moods swing, are you aware when yours does?
    What do you do to keep your balance, from whom or where do you draw your resources?

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    I'm sorry Manaji, I am unable to follow your question, with regards to its relevance to the topic. One part that I understood was the part regarding "the birth and death of our ego that is relevant to this birth".

What I can offer to this question is that, *ego* and its varying accomplices - prejudice, jealousy, and so forth and *verily the obstacles surrounding the various chakras of our body* and that *by opening of the chakras, I mean a sadhaka has gotten rid of these accomplices of ego*.

But what happens to a realized sadhaka who has gotten all his chakras open in this birth, but has left-over karmic baggage from his previous births? I think when his chakras were gradually opened by his sadhana in various birth prior to the last one, they are all gradually paid-off by him - which is why I stated that 'the state of the chakras define the circumstances one is born into'. This is the foundational thought for my hypothesis, I did not infer or draw this hypothesis on any work from anywhere, so can't quote the same.

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

As an analogy, we could maybe compare the cākra to the holes on a reed flute for playing a tune, it is not by keeping them all open
    that one masters the instrument but by learning to subtly balance them in the surrounding field of sound
    As we evolve in our path we learn more complicated tunes; in or out of harmony with the world about us; it is the universe that
    plays the tune and not the yogi the yogi must be in tune ...

Yes some are born with better karma for achieving this.

But practis any may become talented. The best effect is when playing with and for others.

I must add that I am of the KS school of thought as such I believe meditation to be a process best practised with the eyes open
    during every day life.
    I apologise if you don't follow my line of thought I tend to be very visual in my descriptions and I am improvising from my
    limited understanding.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

As an analogy, we could maybe compare the cākra to the holes on a reed flute for playing a tune, it is not by keeping them all open
    that one masters the instrument but by learning to subtly balance them in the surrounding field of sound
    As we evolve in our path we learn more complicated tunes; in or out of harmony with the world about us; it is the universe that
    plays the tune and not the yogi the yogi must be in tune ...

Yes some are born with better karma for achieving this.

But practis any may become talented. The best effect is when playing with and for others.

I must add that I am of the KS school of thought as such I believe meditation to be a process best practised with the eyes open
    during every day life.
    I apologise if you don't follow my line of thought I tend to be very visual in my descriptions and I am improvising from my
    limited understanding.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    I believe my thoughts are in tune with what you have stated here, Manaji. When I said 'chakras are opened', I mean the obstacles/challenges surrounding that chakra are removed (I am sorry for such a rudimentary terminology), which is when the balance may be obtained, is it not?

Well, instead of a 'humancentric' approach of a sadhaka getting rid of his challenges, I have taken the subject to the chakra-centric approach as in defining the inherent nature and circumstances surrounding a sadhaka, all to be the result of the state of his chakras. This is because when we think deeply, we find that when the soul first gets created, it does not really have any karmas, so where to all the nature and experiences for that soul come from? This is why I was wondering about the chakras... somehow mother Prakriti endows each soul with a different state of chakras at the time of first creation itself, which is why karmas are acquired... This is my thought only.

I agree with you that meditation could be one technique in getting the challenges surrounding a chakra removed and to obtain balance and harmony.
    I feel the same towards the Shivalinga or Shaligrama worship - they are supposed to open the hridaya chakra, meaning remove challenges surrounding it and thus enable a sadhaka to be in better harmony with his surroundings - and enable him additionally *to by-pass some of the karmas by thus getting rid of challenges surrounding the hridaya kamala* - this maybe of relevance to Jyotish, is it not? That one is able to, by means of spiritual practices, open up one's chakras (remove challenges to them) is a way to get rid of excessive negative circumstances, is the promise I tried to arrive at by the chakra hypothesis..

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Your reasoning sounds very lucid to me, I feel that it is important to remember the importance of
    cākra when dealing with others.

Absolutely, Jyotiś can be a guide for us in achieving this should we become lost.
    In our hearts I think that we usually know
    what we want, some times it takes us years to admit this to our selves. Joytiś can help us
    to be in time with; to encourage our direction and remove hurdles, or at the least, to see them coming.

In my initial post I wished to draw attention to the fact that I believe the pursuit of moksha, for many, to be the pursuit of a desire ...
    Those who truly desire moksha understand all to well the cycle of life and death of the ego. If we examine the creative process in
    humans, we quickly see the turmoil suffered by many who are otherwise the most creative amongst us.

This should not discourage us in our practis, but in many ways we should feel blessed not to truly know the desire for release; which
    paradoxically is caused by desire.

Let us not forget that
    moksha also means death so a desire for release is a very delicate subject.

It is arguably those who desire release with all of their hearts that need most to balance their cākra, their prana.

We are in already spiritual masters by simply stopping desire and living in the moment, taking pleasure only the simple things
    that we already have, not in wanting more or less. But this seemingly simple task is nearly impossible for most of us.

I hope that my understanding is just that nothing I say is misleading, I am all to aware of the mystery which surrounds this subject,
    I am a student of this knowledge, but my perspective is sincere.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय

We are in already spiritual masters by simply stopping desire and living in the moment, taking pleasure only the simple things
    that we already have, not in wanting more or less. But this seemingly simple task is nearly impossible for most of us.
    Is it not that growth stems from disharmony and dissatisfaction, both with oneself as well as with one's surroundings, Manaji?

But you had written your thoughts wonderfully. Thank you very much.

Namaste. It's an interesting hypothesis, but I like to take a more 'scientific' approach to it.

Yes, the activation of certain Chakras is dependent on life experiences...up to about the Vishudhi Chakra...in fact...yes, that's true according to scripture, because even Yogis and Saddhus in Samadhi need to come back down into this Chakra occasionally to survive in the world (there's a kind of 'bridge' there that separates, but joins the physical and the subtle) but anyway...

I like to think of each Chakra as being a 'door' more than a 'wheel' or 'psychic centre'...I mean, all that jargon just overcomplicates the simplicity of it all.
    Each of these 'doors' has a 'key' just like each neurotransmitter in your brain is a 'key' for a receptor.

What gives you the 'key' to open your 'Chakra Doors' is not only life experiences, but how you react to them.

For example, if you are doing charity work like serving in a soup kitchen to be a 'good person' and to 'become humble'...you'll never get anywhere. If you are doing it because you empathise with the suffering and want to help your brother out, then 'bingo'...Heart Chakra door gets opened.

Manipura's activation relies on moderation and abstinence in diet, temper, negativity and basically all worldly things that can make us sick (physically and mentally) if taken to excess. Also..see: Nauli Kriya and Bhastrika...

I could go on (and shall if asked), but Karma plays a role in everything, basically. I realise fully well that I won't accomplish self-liberation in this lifetime anyway.

That's my thesis on it, in response to your own.

Aum namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    For example, if you are doing charity work like serving in a soup kitchen to be a 'good person' and to 'become humble'...you'll never get anywhere. If you are doing it because you empathise with the suffering and want to help your brother out, then 'bingo'...Heart Chakra door gets opened.

Manipura's activation relies on moderation and abstinence in diet, temper, negativity and basically all worldly things that can make us sick (physically and mentally) if taken to excess. Also..see: Nauli Kriya and Bhastrika...

I could go on (and shall if asked), but Karma plays a role in everything, basically. I realise fully well that I won't accomplish self-liberation in this lifetime anyway.
    You know so much! Thank you! Well, it is interesting how the various chakras can be opened, but how much of that knowledge I will put into practice, I do not know...! It will definitely benefit to know further about it. TIA.

You very well stated, Karmas play a key role in all this chakra-door opening. I agree... even if we decide to serve others, we must be 'karmically endowed' with the facility to do that kind of help to others... It is said god is like the index finger, the individual soul is like the thumb, the index finger has to bend down so the thumb can touch it, otherwise the thumb can never reach upto the index finger... BUT efforts of one lifetime will surely payback.

I only wish there is a scientific means to study the chakras, and figure out which of it is in what state so we can do required 'pariharas' and reduce our karmic baggage!

Thread Information