Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Shiva worship Krishna or Krishna worship Shiva

Re: Did Shiva worship Krishna or Krishna worship Shiva

Vannakkam:

As in Islam, there is only one god. That's the end of it. There is only ONE god. Call him Shiva, Vishnu/Krishna, Allah, Jesus, etc. They're all the same. They are different manifestations of the exact same god. So there is really no contradiction here. You can worship "any" god you like, and you are still worshiping the one supreme god. I'll quote ISKCON for this "it doesn't matter what you call Him just as long as you call."
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Aum Swastiyastu.

I am just a tad biased (being that I am a devotee of Lord Shiva)...and so, whenever I face this conundrum, I remember that it was Lord Vishnu who offered one of His eyes to Lord Shiva out of devotion (and scored the Sudarshan Chakra out of it).

I remember Lord Rama worshiping Lord Shiva to get His blessings to be able to defeat Ravana.

Namaste
    I think more than remembrance, as we were not present when these things took place, we just read it in Puranas, and other sacred books.
    The hierarchy which is common in all the Puranas is a well-placed and acknowledged concept, and no one doubts it.
    Regarding who worships whom, there is a general respect and admiration in all the lords for each other, and that is again, not debatable.

Namaste,

First of all welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RajjasVeer View Post
    Instead, I believe in Advaita that all Gods are one.
    With that as the conclusion, what was the need for a long discourse?

The whole 300 Million Gods of Hinduism and even the Gods of other religions are just one. Shiva, Vishnu and others are manifestation of this single entity. In Hinduism, its called 'Parabrahma'. Muslims call it 'Allah' and different names in different religions according to their language.
    Names of God change with the philosophy one follows, and not with the language one speaks.

Equating Hindu Gods with the muslim god is something I would expect from a Hindu politician out to get elected at any cost, not from you, a learned person.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post

Names of God change with the philosophy one follows, and not with the language one speaks.

Equating Hindu Gods with the muslim god is something I would expect from a Hindu politician out to get elected at any cost, not from you, a learned person.

Pranam.

I Know that. The rest of the theories in Quran are just pointless. Jihad, polygamy, their views against idol worshiping, their concept of heaven and hell. But Allah being an invisible force, cant disagree on that.

did i sound like a politician? Sorry.

Honestly, i just copy-pasted it from an article I wrote it on my blog . Thats why its lengthy. Sorry for that too..
    Last edited by RajjasVeer; 03 May 2013 at 05:58 AM.

Namaste,
    But Allah being an invisible force, cant disagree on that.
    An invisible force that in your own words preaches 'Jihad, polygamy, their views against idol worshiping' is acceptable; just because it is, as you say, an invisible force? Really?

Honestly, i just copy-pasted it from an article I wrote it on my blog .
    First of all, as the admin will tell you, copy and paste and treating HDF as the dumping ground is against the forum rules. Secondly, one must learn and soak up all the knowledge and practice bhakti before preaching through a blog. When in the learning mode, a blog should be like a personal diary, not a preaching tool. Asking me to be your blog chela is like you trying to be a spiritual guru to your grandfather. Would you have any success in that?

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 03 May 2013 at 02:49 AM.

I am coming on this a little late but let me start with the following description of Lord Shiva's nature by SatguruSivaya Subramuniyaswami:
    "Saivismproclaims: God Siva is Love, both immanent and transcendent, both the creatorand the creation. This world is the arena of our evolution, which leads bystages to moksha, liberation from birth and death. Aum."

I don't understand how Islam's considerations of "God's" nature are pertinent but considering the above quote I do not believe Lord Shiva to be vengeful, to be feared, or demanding of submission lest er suffer Allah's wrath.

No, Lord Shiva is love.
    Being a devotee of Lord Shiva I do not believe there have been incarnations of God thus there has been no Krishna, Hanuman or the eight other incarnations of Vishnu. Following this I do not accept the Gita as scripture but a remarkable book of the philosophy of Sanatana Dharma. Krishna and the other characters are used to exemplify our philosophy in a most beautiful and spiritual way.

Shiva is the Supreme Absolute Truth, Reality and Love to be worshiped by all.
    All is Siva there is nothing without Siva.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaka Ji View Post
    Vannakkam:

As in Islam, there is only one god. That's the end of it. There is only ONE god. Call him Shiva, Vishnu/Krishna, Allah, Jesus, etc. They're all the same. They are different manifestations of the exact same god. So there is really no contradiction here. You can worship "any" god you like, and you are still worshiping the one supreme god. I'll quote ISKCON for this "it doesn't matter what you call Him just as long as you call."
    Namaste,

Gah. Please do not compare my beloved Shiva with the blood loving Allah of Islam.
    "We live in a strange world. We should rejoice at the differences, yet people find fault with it. This is His Joy to create multiplicity." - Yajvan

Dear topic initiator, don't fall in the trap of your ego or these self proclaimed gurus, just follow Sasthra , what it teaches is ultimate. To understand Sasthra you need a Guru who is devoid of EGO and completely surrendered to Almighty , no one else here can help you.

Just crave for ultimate reality with true heart without any sign of EGO, you will be shown path by that ultimate.
    Last edited by satay; 15 May 2013 at 12:03 AM.

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 05:09 PM.

How can our dharma even be considered in a non-vedic perspective?

"In a non-Vedic context, Krishna worships Shiva and Shiva worships Krishna. This is an example of unity between representations of one brahman."

How can this be done. Can one speak of Islam without the Koran? Your Shiva and Krishna relationships has no foundation without the Vedas.
    All is Siva there is nothing without Siva.

Thread Information