Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonia Gandhi Temple

Sonia Gandhi Temple

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Re: Sonia Gandhi Temple

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Would they conduct narabali in this temple?
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

And they all look so Happy! Will certainly be banned if my views on this are expressed on the forum. Needless to say, happy doesn't come to mind!

Didn't you hear? Sonia Maino is the avatAr of shUrpaNakhA and I presume they're worshipping her for the same reason that mAlayAlI-s in pavitreshvaram worship shakuni:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Even though Shakuni's name is associated with villainy, Hinduism sees a person in terms of Gunas. It is true that Tamasic characteristics were dominant in Shakuni but he too had Sattvic elements and this was recognized by a community in Kerala. There is an ancient temple dedicated to Shakuni at Pavithreswaram in Kollam District of Kerala. A throne believed to have been used by Shakuni is found in this ancient temple. No Puja or tantric rituals are performed at the temple. Offerings to the temple include tender coconut, silk, toddy, etc. The temple is maintained by the Kuravar community of the region.
    Just joking, . In all seriousness though, this does indeed agitate me, probably moreso than even the Sachin Tendulkar mandir I mentioned elsewhere .
    BTW, the article from which you took the picture has the following statement, which I find a bit amusing: "Congress legislator Shankar Rao claims he has shown the prototype of the 'Goddess Sonia' idol to some Congress leaders at the Centre and got their approval."
    Last edited by Jaskaran Singh; 08 January 2014 at 01:56 PM.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Greetings,

With this startling news...I now motion to have Nana Patekar turned into a God!! Along with Jet Li, Donnie Yen, the Shaw Brothers, and Tom Hanks!

If these guys can do it, why can't I?!

I have seen it on facebook. This is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Greetings,

With this startling news...I now motion to have Nana Patekar turned into a God!! Along with Jet Li, Donnie Yen, the Shaw Brothers, and Tom Hanks!

If these guys can do it, why can't I?!
    Then we'll have Bollywood/Hollywood "devatA-s" on top of this corrupt-gress "IshvarI," lol. Honestly though, do the people who make these types of mUrti-s take pleasure in mocking Hinduism or something?
    BTW, what's that object in her hand supposed to be? Is that a lilac, corn, or something else?
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Positively sinful to curry political favors in such fashion. Now this is truly defamation of Devi. It's a diabolical age when corrupted political schemers become object of worship.
    uttama hañā vaiṣṇava habe nirabhimāna
    jīve sammāna dibe jāni' 'kṛṣṇa'-adhiṣṭhāna

"Although a Vaiṣṇava is a most exalted person, he is prideless and gives
    all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Kṛṣṇa."
    -Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 20.25

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post

Then we'll have Bollywood/Hollywood "devatA-s" on top of this corrupt-gress "IshvarI," lol. Honestly though, do the people who make these types of mUrti-s take pleasure in mocking Hinduism or something?
    Greetings,

Next thing you know...there will be a "mandir" for Thumbs Up Soft Drink and one for Vodafone.

BTW, what's that object in her hand supposed to be? Is that a lilac, corn, or something else?
    It's probably something from the movie, Tremors.
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 09 January 2014 at 04:35 PM.

Indian people seems not to know what is museum or art house or studio dedicated to their celebrities or politicians. I do not find it surprising that there are people who like Sonia Gandhi or Khusbhoo Sundar. It is expected that there are such people in India or anywhere. What they should know is to use correct word of reference for naming exhibition houses dedicated to their celebrities. Regarding elevating people to Godhood, that is not unknown to Indian society. Many fake saints and babas and matas have called themselves God man/God woman or some sort of avatar previously.
    Last edited by isavasya; 08 January 2014 at 04:16 PM.
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Thread Information