Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visions?

Re: Visions?

@ Anirudh - thank you...your words makes much sense. I never really thought of it from that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Anira View Post
    EM - His form was larger than human but not humongous.

I suppose my next question is...how is it that I could see Him and nobody else could?
    Vannakkam: Sounds like Hanuman then, from what I've been told. Visions are often like that. You are the only one who sees it. You're blessed indeed.

Aum Namasivaya

Indiaspirituality - it was sudden. No sooner had I seen it, did it disappear. I might add that i have never experienced visions of any knd before.
    You are right when you say that a feeling of calmness and peacefulness encased me thereafter. I felt that Nana was ok, was in a better place. I had never seen such a picture as the one I saw that day. Neither have I seen one since.
    Namaste Anira ji,

As EM ji has said, you had a darshan of Hanuman ji.

Sometimes, when the soul is not ready to leave his body and others are not ready to lose him (if one dies at young age), then the atmosphere (vibrations) are heavy. We may feel that our head is a bit heavy.

After this darshan, you may have noticed that the atmosphere is very light, as if nothing has happened. You may feel soothing effect.

I suppose my next question is...how is it that I could see Him and nobody else could?

Jai Shri Ram!
    This can only be answered by Hanuman ji It is upto him why did he appeared only to you.

It is possible that you may be thinking for a few days about life and death and after life. Or you may be thinking of death and are strongly attached to your grandfather.

Generally, when the soul leaves body, he feels pain of separation. Also the last predominant desire decides the next birth. Depending upon desire and several other factors (not known to us), a jiva may leave body from eyes, ears, mouth, etc. Only a realized saint or the one who is been destined to have current birth as last birth can live the body from sahasrahara chakra, from cranium (soft part on top of head)

Hanuman ji by giving his darshan may have indicated that your grandfather's pain of separation was greatly reduced and that he may be blessed with sadgati.

Presence of any divinity transforms our emotions and thoughts Hanuman ji is eternal and always ready to help bhakta-s

oh and

I somehow feel that I was not worthy to receive such a vision. Please help!!
    nobody is worthy. Guru and God makes one worthy

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thank you

Namaste Friends

Happy New Year to you all.

I have a question regarding visions of deities. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place. (Apologies in advance if I'm not)

Something has been bothering me for a while now. Please bear with me as I narrate my experience.

Last August, my maternal grandfather passed away at the ripe old age of 95, after a very short illness. He was a very staunch devotee of Shri Hanumanji. During his funeral, just before the priest could start performing the final rites, the Bhajan group started to recite the Hanuman Chalisa. My eyes were closed, palms together, and I too was reciting with them.
    During this time, I had a vision...that Shri Hanumanji was at the funeral. He was at the body of my grandfather and it seemed as if he had come to pay his respects.
    It was a fleeting vision, and suddenly it was no more.

Did I actually see something? Was it a figment of my imagination? Did I somehow fall asleep and dream it????

I don't know what to think, what to believe. It's taken me this long to write, because...I somehow feel that I was not worthy to receive such a vision. Please help!! My emotions are frayed!!!

Jai Shri Ram!
    Anira
    Dear Anira ji,

This sharing of yours made me think about something. Sleep is a reality, everyone sleeps and indeed it is a state akin to the recharging of batteries. In the most natural state, the brain has this faculty of 'auto-charging' itself and the body. But we know that the brain, like satan (!) never sleeps. The *physical* evidence of that is naturally our dreams! Dream states are not just one but many although most of us do not experience all or perhaps do not remember after waking up.

So, given the above realities, it should not be surprising that we all potentially have the machinery and process built-in leading to what we call 'visions'. In the hypno-gogic and hypno-pompic states that nearly all experience, just as we are drifting and shifting from awake mode to slumber mode, we sometimes hear noises, loud sounds, voices which sound pretty real and sometimes of our departed relatives and friends or even unfamiliar voices etc. Lot of folks find this surprising and at times even alarming!

It may sound surprising to many that sleeping and then dreaming is not in a sense a state of diffusion, switching off of concentration, but rather a different form of focusing and concentrated activity, though in most of us not a conscious or voluntary act.

Those who do intensive meditation, focusing (tratak etc) also experience in that altered state of consciousness, images, sounds, sensations etc. Philosphers and metaphysicists have for easier understanding categorized our consciousness-states into several categories but my impression is that there is a continuum of consciousness that exists within our beings, although many folks do not pursue these or even think about it and thus miss out on a great exploration within!

At the sad moment of your maternal grandfather passing on, you were naturally in a different state than your usual and that alongwith the ambience (bhajans can be very powerful altered-intensifiers and arouse a different kind of awareness and *wakefulness* which enabled you to see the vision.

I think even dreams are real although most people might typically think that those are unreal or even meaningless (sceptics for instance and others) - perhaps unreal in the very concrete, worldly sense, but the experiences many of which we forget were and are very REAL, as in they actually took place. Even imagination, come to think of it is a real and powerful tool and faculty. Many (perhaps all) tangible physical products or new chemical molecules often begin with imagination which is disciplined, controlled through education etc. A gift that can be developed by many, perhaps all, if they can find the motivation, perseverence and practice. There is not even a single rigid procedure that needs to be followed, though some would insist that such is not true and their way is the ONLY way.

I am interested in jyotish and would appreciate studying your birthdata and the exact date of the epoch when you experienced the vision, if you are willing. However, since this is not the jyotish section of this wonderful forum, we shall not discuss that here. Either Jyotish section or privately since from your posting I gather that this is a personal matter and you are naturally sensitive about it to be discussed in public areas.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

That's really cool that you saw Hanumanji! I've had two dreams that I can remember vividly where Hanumanji came.

The first dream I saw him flying like the wind. My second dream I was witnessing a yajna; however, next to the yajna, I was a demon in a black robe; as if he was coming for me. Immediately I saw Hanumanji in his great majestic form telling me not to be afraid. I remember he reached the sky, and was so effervescent and so very kind. He told me not to be afraid. I touched his feet for his blessing and then he was gone.

I don't know why I was graced by Hanumanji in my dreams, or even what it means. But I was happy. I'm glad you also were visited by Hanumanji.

Dear friend ,
    I am very happy to go through your experience in that vision .I have a Hanuman mahamanthra given by my grandfather nearly 40 years back . But before that initiation also , I used to see him on and off in my dreams or visions .I think , if you were a devotee of Hanuman , in some of the previous births you would get such visions , even though you havenot yet started , the worship in a really serious way , in this birth . Probably it is an indication , that you have to start the worship of Hanuman now . My grandpa had 16 grand children ,but I am the only one who was initiated in to that manthra .Now for taking any decision or for knowing the importance or meaning of any occurance I depend on Hanuman only . Initially people used to laugh at me saying --- it is all superstition , some sort of mental deficiency, it was high time I consulted a psychiatristetc . But after many events they stopped doing that . rgds, Saswathy

Namaste Saswathy

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I just want to add that growing up, we always did Hanuman pooja at home. Last year, I started doing Hanuman Vrat (where I recite the Chalisa 11 times for 40 days and do a yagna on the 41st).

I did it again this year...and I know that He is guiding me.

JSR
    -Anira-

Friends,

Please don't get me wrong here ... I have a question...
    This joy at seeing Hanuman [ or any God for that matter] ... is it not ego that finds this kind of enjoyment ?

I feel nice ... I feel special ... because I got the vision of Hanuman which I value and consider as special.

The scriptures say : Namasthe Vayoh, Tvamevam pratyaksham brahmasi ... I salute thee oh Vayuh, the wind, you are directly perceivable Brahman [God] !
    This Air, Fire ... all this that we see is God! You are right now seeing Hanuman Himself ... Everything that we see is Hanuman ... The air thats flowing is his Prana Vayuh [the breath] ... the jada padartha , life less entities are like his nails and hair ... and the living beings are his Expressions ... part of the Whole, Total!
    God is here now ... what more to see ? Whom else to see ?
    You are right now in the Embrace of God!

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Dear Silence Speaks

Yes...I agree with you that God is in everything we see, touch, feel and experience. God is in every being we come into contact with.

However, in my case, at the time of receiving this vision, I was undergoing extreme grief...the air, the water, the other elements, the other people were all around me but did nothing to assuage the pain that I felt. The fleeting vision of Hanumanji gave me strength to go through the remainder of the day, and has subsequently helped me see life differently.

Did I experience "joy"? I'm not sure...I do, however, remember feeling "unworthy" of such a vision.
    I have now come to accept that God (in any form), will grace His/Her devotee with a vision/dream/some other sign in the devotee's greatest time of need.

JSR
    -Anira-

Thread Information