Thread: The snake and the Tulsi plant..

The snake and the Tulsi plant..

Namaste HDF Members and Guests,

It is said that on Naga Panchami one should worship the snake and one would
    Protected from snake bites.

On one ocassion I did perform oblations to the snake from a picture and the next day I saw a snake wrapped around the Tulsi Plant and I sat there looking at it while he/she was looking at me and then eventually returned to the neighbours fence.Could this be a coincidence? Could this have been a resposne and/or acknowledgement??

Can anyone please advise?

Post Re: The snake and the Tulsi plant..

Hi Ashwin,

I do not know much about snake worship so I can't interpret the appearance.I have not seen many people worshiping snakes but Naga Devatas are generally honored on Naga Chavithi and Naga Panchami.People visit snake hills to offer eggs and milk to them.In Kerala, there is the system of Sarpa Kavu or family snake grove where worship is conducted by the household.

Sri Subramanya/Skanda Kumara is worshiped in relation to snakes.He is related to snakes(Vasuki/Shesha?).Sri AdiShankaracharya composed a hymn in praise of Sri Subramanya in Bhujanga metre(Sri Subrahmanya Bhujanga Prayata Stotram).This metre is peculiar because the words of the chant give a visual feeling of the movement of a snake.

Hmm I think it is better you consult an learned astrologer because the appearance of a snake might be a sign.

I request other members to give their opinions.

Re: The snake and the Tulsi plant..

Namaskar Ashwin ji,

I respectfully submit that asking the question indicates you already know what it was but feel you need to validate your instinct. But you don't need the validation, you need to let go and trust. What do you feel it was?

Worship all, all is God, do not fear, all is God's. Respect and see the beauty even in things often feared and reviled, the perfection. In doing this, you reached out. Were you answered?

-Pranams
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste Ananadinii,

You are quite right,I felt that is was a positive response.Thanks for your genuine response as well.

Could this be coincidence? Could this have been a resposne and/or acknowledgement??
    Namaste,

Do you live in a place where snake movement is common? If not, then this is not a co incidence
    Anirudh...

Seetaram Anirudh,

Umm,Uhh,Umm come to think of it no, there is little snake movement where I live.Thank you for your response...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Namaste Ananadinii,

You are quite right,I felt that is was a positive response.Thanks for your genuine response as well.
    Namaskar Ashwin ji,

Apologies if my reply came off terse at all. It is something I am relearning and finding difficult, trusting my own senses in these ways, so I felt I recognized it. Sometimes you are the only one who can interpret your experiences, until you have a Guru. Anirudh ji points out one such reason. My intent was not to be preachy or rude.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste Aanandinii Ji,

You have helped me not to stray from what is real and no love was lost .
    These are truly what inspire us to keep reaching out to the universe.At least I beleive this.After that experience Im not afraid of bieng bitten by a snake and when I see them I try to make sure that they are safe from harms way.

Thread Information