Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iskcon is a part of Hinduism - Confirmed

Re: How iskcon is not a part of Hinduism ?

Namaste hinduism♥krishna,

Like I said in my first post, we need to know whether Sanaatana Dharma is Polytheistic. My knowledge on Vedas are limited to blogs and forums. So I can't comment authoritatively.

what about Bhagvan krishna who was a devotee of shiva ?
    I think Shri Krishna will not contradict himself. He says he is is everything, every where, all the time. That's what I understood from his Vishva roopa darshan. So arguments like Shiva Vs Vishnu and vice versa do not make sense

We should also note that the word Hindu has been injected into us by Islamic invaders.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Beliver ji,

I don't want to argue with you. Whether the term Hinduism means Sanaatana Dharma or not is a related question to this post. And I am just highlighting that alone.

Is there ever a hope that people of Bharat will actually drop their identification as being Hindus?
    Will outsiders follow suit? Will Satay soon be changing the name of the forum?
    As long as Bhaarathvarsh is ruled by pseudo secularists, there are no chances. But our scripture says Satyameva Jayathey.

Like Madras became Chennai and Bombay became Mumbai, some day that will also happen.

During the tyrannical British rule had our ancestor not believed that some day they will quit our nation, will we be free from their tyrannical rule ?
    Anirudh...

Hi.,

Satay can continue to call it "HINDU" because this represents the "compound" class instead of anyone in particular. Not sure if you have understood my message and there is nothing wrong with the label or brand "Hindu" but it requires clarity when you attempt to understand it and the understanding should be that it represent the whole umbrella of ways of living and practices rather than anything in particular or singular.

Hare Krshna!

Namaste,

Hinduism may be practiced a thousand different ways based on the sect, traditions and geographical area one belongs to in India, and yet each one of us is a Hindu. We may alert people new to Hinduism that the religion is practiced with some variations by each group but that does not make individual practitioners part Hindus, and the sum of the parts to be a complete Hindu. Each part is Hinduism with a distinc flavor. No one practices it with all the hundred different flavors to be called a complete Hindu. I get your drift, but am not in total agreement with it, and that should be okay, as we can agree to disagree, and still stay civil.

Pranam.

Namaste,

In few temples I visited, even in this age animal sacrifices are prevalent.

If I have the liberty to practice a faith in what ever the way I wish and still expect it to be authoritatively treated as Sanaatana Dharma then why should we promote strict rules and regulations under the umbrella of Sanaatana Dharma?

The link given by OP says Hinduism is not Sanaatana Dharma. Why should we treat an amalgamation of different practices (including animal sacrifices) and relate it with a thing that preaches Ahimsa?
    Anirudh...

Smile Re: How iskcon is not a part of Hinduism ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste,

In few temples I visited, even in this age animal sacrifices are prevalent.

If I have the liberty to practice a faith in what ever the way I wish and still expect it to be authoritatively treated as Sanaatana Dharma then why should we promote strict rules and regulations under the umbrella of Sanaatana Dharma?

The link given by OP says Hinduism is not Sanaatana Dharma. Why should we treat an amalgamation of different practices (including animal sacrifices) and relate it with a thing that preaches Ahimsa?
    Namaste , no doubt, Hinduism's original name is sanatana vedic dharma. In sanatana dharma, animal sacrifices are permissible for certain yadnyas. After sacrificing, that animal gets birth in human loka or in higher loka.

Animal sacrifice is a part of vedic dharma and Vedas itself promotes a sacrifice of animals.
    Hari On!

In sanatana dharma, animal sacrifices are permissible for certain yadnyas. After sacrificing, that animal gets birth in human loka or in higher loka.

Animal sacrifice is a part of vedic dharma and Vedas itself promotes a sacrifice of animals.
    Thank you hinduism♥krishna.

If I learn something which negates this position, will post my findings.

Also it will be helpful, if you can give me links or name those books which says animal sacrifices are permissible for certain yadnyas.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 18 October 2013 at 10:29 AM.
    Anirudh...

Smile Re: How iskcon is not a part of Hinduism ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Thank you hinduism♥krishna.

If I learn something which negates this position, will post my findings.

Also it will be helpful, if you can give me links or name those books which says animal sacrifices are permissible for certain yadnyas.
    Namaste ,
    Animal sacrifice is called as 'bhuta yadnya ' in Sanskrit ."Animal sacrifice is right as per the Vedas. It is discussed in the Mahabharata as well. However shrila prabhupada denied to do this yadnya in kali yuga.

refer to Rig Veda verse 10.86.14, in which Indra says, "They cook for me 15 plus 20 oxen," and verse 8.43.11, which describes Agni as one whose food is the ox and the barren cow.

It would be wrong to say that the Vedas do not allow any animal sacrifice. However, sacrifice was generally regarded as an inferior sacrifice for less-evolved souls, in whom the gunas [qualities] of rajas [agitation] and tamas [lethargy] are still powerful. For those of inner vision, more sattvic [pure] in nature, the animal was symbolic of certain states of mind to be offered to the Deity. So, it is also wrong to say that the Vedas had a high regard for animal sacrifice and thought it to be equal to the other types of sacrifice.

http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part5/chap23.htm

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules...hp?itemid=5262

These may help you or just Google search ' animal sacrifice in veda '.

Dhanyavad . Jai shri rukmini Krishna
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 18 October 2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Hari On!

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Hi.,

Satay can continue to call it "HINDU" because this represents the "compound" class instead of anyone in particular. Not sure if you have understood my message and there is nothing wrong with the label or brand "Hindu" but it requires clarity when you attempt to understand it and the understanding should be that it represent the whole umbrella of ways of living and practices rather than anything in particular or singular.
    Hare Krshna!
    Namaste , grames.

This is really something new and verily unacceptable for everyone ! .
    It's not necessary to practice many things to be called as hindu . If you are Krishna bhakta ,you will be called as hindu . If you are shiva bhakta ,you will be called as hindu .If you are devotee of both Krishna and shiva ,you will still be called as hindu ! Yes ,we should use sanatana dharma word as it's proper than hindu .But saying hinduism is not a sanatana dharma is meaningless . Iskcon many times uses vedic dharma to make others believe blindly that it's really a vedic culture and propagating something like that other deities worshippers are out of sanatana dharma .In this way they tactically seperate Hinduism's real identity as sanatana vedic dharma .

This doesn't affect to hindus but what about newbie hindus and Westeners ? They can be misguided
    Jai shri rukmini Krishna !
    Hari On!

Namaste

Thanks for those links. They ignited my desire to understand the truth. In my quest, found this link as it answered many questions that rose after reading the link you had given.

I am copying few lines from the bloggers mind as it seems to be the crux...

Einstein's discovery can be used to make an atom bomb to destroy the world. It can also be used to cure a remote disease. It depends what use we put into.

We must look at the yajnas and sacrifices such as Ashwa medhas in this paradigm. Just for having discovered his theory, Einstein could not be faulted for the drop of atom bomb. In the same way, for recording the ways of ashwamedhas etc, Vedas and Hinduism can not be faulted.
    In the context of the question this thread raised, I rest my case here...

More I visit this forum, more I learn.

I must thank Satay for creating this virtual world. Thank you Satay...
    Anirudh...

Thread Information