Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting religious videos

Interesting religious videos

Namaste,

I noticed there isn't a thread dedicated to this topic. The reason I thought of this topic itself is because I came across a treasure - Sri U.Ve. Velukkudi Krishnan on the important topic of '108 divya desam'. You can find these videos on YT if you go to YT and type in '108 divya desam velukkudi sri u ve krishnan swami'.

About 37 videos are loaded under this topic and each one is about 10 - 15 min long. I just watched episode 1 and it gives rare information about the saint Sri Pillai Lokacharya and his contribution to Vaishnavam. Note: These videos are in Tamil.

Enjoy!

Also, kindly do post other religious videos you find interesting and educational!
    Last edited by Viraja; 31 August 2013 at 02:15 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Interesting religious videos

Some English spiritual discourses by Sri Krishnan Swamy can be found in this link: http://srimanbalaji.blogspot.com/201...swami-bio.html

Sri U.Ve. Velukkudi Krishnan Swami is amazing. His discourses cover a wide variety of subjects, and he delivers them with expert attention to detail. I can highly recommend them to anyone and everyone with an interest in learning about vishiShtAdvaita, sanAtana-dharma, etc.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Some English spiritual discourses by Sri Krishnan Swamy can be found in this link: http://srimanbalaji.blogspot.com/201...swami-bio.html
    Vannakkam!

Thank you for sharing this site. I am unfamiliar with Sri Krishnan Swamy and am very excited to find his english materials. Unfortunately the links on this blog don't seem to work. Is there anywhere else I can go to hear his discourses?

Aum Hari Aum!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmidevi View Post
    Vannakkam!

Thank you for sharing this site. I am unfamiliar with Sri Krishnan Swamy and am very excited to find his english materials. Unfortunately the links on this blog don't seem to work. Is there anywhere else I can go to hear his discourses?

Aum Hari Aum!
    They were no doubt put up at a time when the discourses were available for free on the web. Since that time, they were taken down and instead are being sent in return for a donation.

This is definitely a worthwhile donation to make - Sri U.Ve. Velukkudi Swami has founded a trust to help restore some historic temples in India which are in bad shape owing the neglect by the government and degeneration of brahminical institutions. You may want to go checkout www.vedics.org
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    They were no doubt put up at a time when the discourses were available for free on the web. Since that time, they were taken down and instead are being sent in return for a donation.

This is definitely a worthwhile donation to make - Sri U.Ve. Velukkudi Swami has founded a trust to help restore some historic temples in India which are in bad shape owing the neglect by the government and degeneration of brahminical institutions. You may want to go checkout www.vedics.org
    Vannakkam,

Thank you for the update! A worthwhile donation indeed Thank you again for such a wonderful resource

Aum Hari Aum!

Sorry Lakshmidevi, in my excitement, I forgot to check if the links were working... I went into YT and typed in 'velukkudi krishnan upanyasam in english' and found numerous lectures by him on various spiritual topics (Vaishnava). I am finding quite numerous matches..

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Sorry Lakshmidevi, in my excitement, I forgot to check if the links were working... I went into YT and typed in 'velukkudi krishnan upanyasam in english' and found numerous lectures by him on various spiritual topics (Vaishnava). I am finding quite numerous matches..

Thanks.
    Vannakkam,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the suggestion!!! It is such a blessing to have Sri Vaishnav teachings in English and Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swami is a very knowledgeable teacher! I am very much so enjoying the videos!

Aum Hari Aum!

Even if you manage to find "free" sources of the audio discourses (one such place is pravachanams.com), please do not forget to support Kinchitkaram Trust (via www.vedics.org). Many of our temples in bhArata-desham are suffering from lack of neglect, and we can help them and discharge the debts we owe to the guru-s who give us this treasure of transcendental knowledge by making donations through vedics.org website.
    Philosoraptor

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Even if you manage to find "free" sources of the audio discourses (one such place is pravachanams.com), please do not forget to support Kinchitkaram Trust (via www.vedics.org). Many of our temples in bhArata-desham are suffering from lack of neglect, and we can help them and discharge the debts we owe to the guru-s who give us this treasure of transcendental knowledge by making donations through vedics.org website.
    Point noted.

Last year, to raise some funds for such causes, I believe Sri Krishnan Swami made 'Lakshmi Kataksham Calendar' and sold it along with his audio CD containing numerous lectures in English for a very nominal rate (US $13 or something). I don't know if he would do the same this year.

Thread Information