Thread: April 25 Hanuman Jayanti Victory

April 25 Hanuman Jayanti Victory

Namaste

Hanuman Jayanti is coming this 25 April.

The Rudra Centre sent a very nice summary that I wanted to share (I edited it a bit to shorten it):
    --------------------------
    The festival of Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated to mark the day of his birth as the son of the Wind-God and Queen Anjani. It is celebrated on the day of Chaitra Shukla Purnima, which falls on 25th April, this year. He represents strength and energy, power of celibacy, devotion and knowledge. He drives away the evils as rightly said in the Hanuman Chalisa “Bhoot Pishach Nikat Nahi Aawe, Mahaveer jo Naam Sunave”.

Lord Hanuman is very dear to Lord Shani. In Tulsidas’ Ramayana, when Ravan was left all alone in the war, he did not come to the battlefield to fight for three days. Lord Hanuman first got suspicious and went inside the Lanka to find out the truth. To His utter surprise Lord Hanuman saw that all the nine planets were imprisoned by Ravan and with his “Raj Jyotishi”, Ravan was contemplating a “Mrityu Yog” for Lord Ram by placing these planets accordingly in the horoscope of Shri Ram. Lord Hanuman fought and liberated all planets from the clutches of Ravana. As a gratitude to Lord Hanuman, Shani Dev said that during "Sade Sati" if someone worships Lord Hanuman, its negative effect would get substantially reduced.

To celebrate this day, devotees worship Sri Hanuman by fasting and singing Hanuman Chalisa, along with the early morning spiritual discourses. Devotees perform pujas at Sri Hanuman temple or even at home, and organize special prayers to get rid of evil spirits. People also apply red Sindur from Lord's feet on their foreheads, which is considered auspicious, and is known to bring good health and good luck.
    ------------------------------

Happy Hanuman Jayanti to Everyone! May the spiritual form of Sanjeevani come to you by the grace of Hanuman to your home bringing health!

Bravery and victory to all!

Om Namah Shivaya

Re: April 25 Hanuman Jayanti Victory

Hanumath Jayanthi for Vaishnavas is already over, was back on 11th Jan 2013. However, as stated below, it appears different parts of India celebrate it on different dates and months -

"This festival is celebrated in different months in different part of India. In Tamil Nadu, it is observed on the new moon day of Margazhi. This day is usually coincides with the Moola Nakshatra. This year Hanuman Jayanti is on Friday, 11th January 2013."

Irrespective of this date mismatch, I wish happy Hanumath Jayanthi to everyone who will be celebrating it on 25th April '13! Jai Maruthi ki!

jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste

The Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple in Frisco Texas is having a 3 day Hanuman Jayanti celebration followed by Carnatic music on the fourth day after. For those fortunate to attend within this area of Texas:

Om Namah Sivaya

HAPPY HANUMAN JAYANTI 2013! Jai Hanuman, One who asks for You in Name, you in return annihilate maladies and pain.

Pranam

Happy Hanuman Jayanti

Shri Guru Charana Sarojaraja
    Nija mana mukura sudhari
    Varanao Raghuvara Vimala yasha
    Jo dayaka phala chari
    Budhi Hina Tanu Janikai
    Sumirau Pavana Kumar
    Bal budhi Vidya dehu mohi
    Harahu Kalesa Vikar

Sia Ram Chandra ki Jai

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Happy and blessed Hanuman Jayanti to all!

Jai Hanuman!
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Namaste,

Hanuman bhagwan ki Jai!
    Happy Hanuman Jayanti to all!!

Pranam.

Namaste everyone,

In Tamilnadu Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated on the Amavasya day in the month of Marghazhi and it is coming up on 1st January 2014. In 2014, Tamilians would have celebrated Hanuman Jayanthi twice (or thrice including the one celebrated in April?) and the next Marghazhi Amavasya is on 21st December 2014 after 1st Jan.

In my home, I will make 'Pepper vadas' (milagu vadas) - urad being significatory of Hanuman's muscle power, this is a noted prasad offered to the Lord on this auspicious day. At my local temple (Sri Lakshmi Temple of Ashland, MA) too, Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated on Marghazhi Amavasya days and people often make a garland of 108 pepper vadas or the more common 'Ulundu vada' and offer the garland to the lord.

Wish everyone a happy Hanuman Jayanthi that falls on the New Year's day!

Jai Hanuman! Jai Shri Ram!

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste everyone,

In Tamilnadu Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated on the Amavasya day in the month of Marghazhi and it is coming up on 1st January 2014. In 2014, Tamilians would have celebrated Hanuman Jayanthi twice (or thrice including the one celebrated in April?) and the next Marghazhi Amavasya is on 21st December 2014 after 1st Jan.

In my home, I will make 'Pepper vadas' (milagu vadas) - urad being significatory of Hanuman's muscle power, this is a noted prasad offered to the Lord on this auspicious day. At my local temple (Sri Lakshmi Temple of Ashland, MA) too, Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated on Marghazhi Amavasya days and people often make a garland of 108 pepper vadas or the more common 'Ulundu vada' and offer the garland to the lord.

Wish everyone a happy Hanuman Jayanthi that falls on the New Year's day!

Jai Hanuman! Jai Shri Ram!
    Thanks for the update and info, I will celebrate too!

Jai Hanuman!

Om Namah Sivaya

celebrated Hanuman Jayanthi twice (or thrice including the one celebrated in April?) and the next Marghazhi Amavasya is on 21st December 2014 after 1st Jan
    Namaste Viraja and fellow Sri Vaishnavites,

Some celebrate in Margazhi Amavasya and some celebrate it in Chithirai Purnima.

Kindly share the reason behind celebrating it on Margazhi. As I am slowly and steadily following the foot steps of Sri Raamanujacharya, this information will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Anirudh ji,

Please allow me to share our conversation over the PM here, so that some knowledgeable member can share their view also. After reading your message (given below), I too faintly recall hearing in some upanyasa that Anjana devi drank the same payasam offered to Kausalya before she became pregnant. But, regarding the month of birth, though Anjana devi, mother of Shri Hanuman, must have conceived around the same time, the delivery of baby Hanuman might have been sooner than the time Kausalya Devi delivered Shri Ram. As stated in 'http://www.jaihanuman.net/English-3-Stories-1-Birth%20of%20Hanuman.html', "Anjana ate the pudding and became pregnant. Soon after, as demigod races do not require the full nine months in womb, she gave birth to Sri Hanuman ji on Tuesday, in the month of October. This is why all great devotees of Sri Hanuman ji observe a fast on Tuesdays. Then take only fruits and milk products, and communicate with Sri Hanuman ji."

Viraja:

Hanuman is believed to have been born in Moola nakshatra and this day, of moola nakshatra in the month of marghazhi is celebrated by Tamilians to be his birthday. Hence it is celebrated so. According to Tamilians, the jatakam for Hanuman is as given in 'http://ramahanumanraksha.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/sri-rama-and-sri-hanuman-horoscope-0021.jpg'. As you can see, Sun and Moon together in 9th house in Sagittarius, says he is born of nakshatra found in the sign of Sagittarius.

[Horoscope of Hanuman ji as given in the above site: Lagna-> Aries with Mars in own house, 4th house-> Leo with Jupiter, 5th house-> Virgo with Venus, exalted Mercury and Rahu, 9th house-> Sagittarius with Sun and Moon, 10th house-> Capricorn with Saturn in own house, 12th house -> Pisces with Ketu].

Whereas in North India, his birthday is celebrated on Chaitra Pournami. One site I referred to says that " According to Raamaayan Kathaa, it was on this day that Shree Hanumanji acquired powers from Devi Maataa, Indra and other forms of divinity". Although other sites refer to this day as the birthday of Hanuman. Personally I do not know which would have been Shri Hanuman's birthday, but owing to the jatakam reference given earlier, I tend to believe his appearence might have been on Marghazhi Amavasya only.

This is all I know about these 2 dates.

Anirudh:

As Anjana drank the same payasam which was given to Kausalya by Dasaratha, Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu and Shri Hanuman ji must have born approximately during the same time.

In a Upanyasam Shree U Ve Krishnan Swamigal says, Shree Raam birth is in Chithirai. So Shree Hanuman ji must have born in Chithirai.

I will re read Baala Kaandam to ascertain my doubts.
    Last edited by Viraja; 29 December 2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Formatting changes.

Thread Information