Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bhagavan Shiva in Srimad Bhagavatam

Re: Bhagavan Shiva in Srimad Bhagavatam

Namah Shivay,

I have also passed through this phase. As love for God increases, force of thoughts decreases. As awareness increases, you are no longer dragged in thoughts and incidents. Mantra continues. Initially the force of mantra is not much, and so one easily sidetracks being involved in thoughts completely forgetting mantra. All paths, including Advaita requires God's grace.

Namaste

Amrut
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Smile Re: Bhagavan Shiva in Srimad Bhagavatam

Namaste amrut ,

There are many such verses in Bhagavata Purana that shows that Shiva is parabramhan . In Bhagavata Purana ,shri Krishna himself says that there is no any difference between shiva and him .

I have collected some verses from Bhagavata Purana . Indeed they are glorifying Shiva as original cause of the universe .

" Shaunak , Bhagavan Shiva is the lord of all Vidyas and he is the Paramatma situated in all beings . He is lord of all things. All Sages take refuge in him " ( Bhagavata Purana 12.10.8 )

Shiva says : " Those who are real vaishnawas , they consider themselves non-different from me , bramha and vishnu . They don't consider any difference between their atma and three gods . They see everywhere the same AtmaTatwa in all jivas and in me ,vishnu and bramhaDeva. I worship such vaishnawa " ( Bhagavata Purana 12.10.22 ) ...... Total Advaita

" Indeed , shiva's lila is difficult to understand for all. Though you are lord of all jivas , you worship jivas like me ." ( BP 12.10.28 )

" You creates this universe by your mind and enters into it . Though you are non-doer , you act like a doer . Though you are beyond maya , you appears within maya , " ( BP 12.10.31 )

" Bhagavan shiva , though you are beyond maya , you are situated in every jiva as his atma/paramatma. Only you are the origin of knowledge , non-dual parabramhan. I worship you ." ( BP 12.10.32 )

So things are very clear from Bhagavata Purana . There is no any difference between Shiva and vishnu . All supreme gods like shiva. Vishnu and Ganesha are the same Bramhan .

Another thing we came to know that bramhan is Formless and there is no any difference between Atma and Bramhan . When Bhagavata Purana praises vishnu or shiva as Bramhan , it actually glorifies the Nirguna Formless Bramhan in the form of Saguna Bramhana or Bhagavan . That's why , At the starting of bhagavata purana ( 1st Skandha ) Veda Vyasa intentionally mentioned this verse " Knowers of that non-dual truth call it by Bramha , paramatma or BHAGAVAN ."

Who knows the truth , they don't consider any difference . Difference itself is unreal. It has no place in AtmaTatwa/BramhanTatwa.

Hari krishna hari hari

Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 08 February 2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Hari On!

Re: Bhagavan Shiva in Srimad Bhagavatam

Thank you HLK for sharing quotes on Lord Shiva.

Wow, so your screen name is copyrighted

Om Namah Shivaya
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Smile Re: Bhagavan Shiva in Srimad Bhagavatam

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Thank you HLK for sharing quotes on Lord Shiva.

Wow, so your screen name is copyrighted

Om Namah Shivaya
    Namaste , Amrut .

I will try to add more verses on Shiva from Bhagavata Purana .

Hari Hari....
    Hari On!

Thread Information