Thread: Some questions for which I am seeking answers...

Hybrid View

Some questions for which I am seeking answers...

Hare Krsna...Dandavat Pranamas !

I am having two questions for which I am seeking answers (although my first question sounds a bit stupid, but nevertheless.....)

1. All of our scriptures describe about various anilmal life like various kinds of trees, animals, sea creatures and birds etc. But one does not find any desciption of Dinasoures . Since the vedic literature is considered eternal, it should have somewhere mentioned that these creatures existed. So what do you think?

2. And the verse in SriMad Bhagwatam that states that Moon is twice as far as Sun, how do you reconcile this?

All glories to SriSri Radha Krsna !

Re: Some questions for which I am seeking answers...

namaste Krsna Das.

Seems that a discussion about the dinosaurs in religious scriptures was done long back here: (check also the similar threads)

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/s...urs-vedas.html
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by Krsna Das View Post
    Hare Krsna...Dandavat Pranamas !

I am having two questions for which I am seeking answers (although my first question sounds a bit stupid, but nevertheless.....)

1. All of our scriptures describe about various anilmal life like various kinds of trees, animals, sea creatures and birds etc. But one does not find any desciption of Dinasoures . Since the vedic literature is considered eternal, it should have somewhere mentioned that these creatures existed. So what do you think?

2. And the verse in SriMad Bhagwatam that states that Moon is twice as far as Sun, how do you reconcile this?

Namaste Ksna Das.
    1. Interesting, I understand that the Vedas are eternal because truth is eternal. Truth cannot have a beggining or it will imply it will come to and end. However a part of something true is still true, albeit partly. So the chapters on Dinosaurs were removed after the last one no longer required it.

2. How can we proove that that isn't true without taking yet another persons word for it. If we need to take one persons word for it then perhaps Krishna Dvaipayana Vyasadeva isn't too bad an investment.

I reply with tougne in cheek for fun, no offence intended

Point of fun is not there .
    Why I say that Mukti is imaginary , it is because the mukti of body/soul is realy imaginary , nobody knows after the death .Krsn says what mukti is
    Yatendriya manobuddhir munir mokshaparaayanah;
    Vigatecchaabhaya krodho yah sadaa mukta eva sah.
    . With the senses, the mind and the intellect always controlled, having liberation as his
    supreme goal, free from desire, fear and angerthe sage is verily liberated for ever.
    Again Krsn talks of buddhiyogam [ wisdom ] .
    therefore we are supposed to use Wisdom when all scriptures talk of Shabda Pramans .Shabdabrahmativartate , or there is one thing which is beyond shabda or words that is logic/wisdom including scientific also , similarly as Aham brahmasmi leads to think that this soul is source to know that Parmatma .

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    Point of fun is not there .
    Why I say that Mukti is imaginary , it is because the mukti of body/soul is realy imaginary , nobody knows after the death .Krsn says what mukti is
    Yatendriya manobuddhir munir mokshaparaayanah;
    Vigatecchaabhaya krodho yah sadaa mukta eva sah.
    . With the senses, the mind and the intellect always controlled, having liberation as his
    supreme goal, free from desire, fear and angerthe sage is verily liberated for ever.
    Again Krsn talks of buddhiyogam [ wisdom ] .
    therefore we are supposed to use Wisdom when all scriptures talk of Shabda Pramans .Shabdabrahmativartate , or there is one thing which is beyond shabda or words that is logic/wisdom including scientific also , similarly as Aham brahmasmi leads to think that this soul is source to know that Parmatma .
    praNAm

You put it well.

there is one thing which is beyond shabda or words - that is
    LOVE !

Aham Brahmasmi
    I am LOVE
    Love has a form too - its Sri Krshna ParamAtmA , dripping in rasa
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    praNAm

You put it well.

there is one thing which is beyond shabda or words - that is
    LOVE !

Aham Brahmasmi
    I am LOVE
    Love has a form too - its Sri Krshna ParamAtmA , dripping in rasa
    Pranam
    Thats right .

1) I don't know. Good question. I'll read up and try to come back with an answer.

2) It was wrong. No big deal. I reconcile it by knowing that man had his hand in the scriptures when they were transcribed and therefore some mistakes can be made. They way the Dharma makes me feel is way to strong to be wavered by some small scientific inaccuracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Krsna Das View Post

Hare Krshna

Here is my 2 cents

The Sun is our AtmA indeed , the Vedic Sun
    who rises to bring us from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge, enlightenment)

The Moon represents manas, the mind.
    When pure its cool, beautiful, pleasant, poetic. The moon.

The AtmA- Sun is ours, Atma chaitanya, inner self, being, is obviously the most intimate. Hence closer than the mAnas-moon which can be "chanchal" and run about helter skelter. Plus , we are not the [material] mind, we are the AtmA.

praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information