Thread: Someone Guide Me Here...

Someone Guide Me Here...

Namaste all,

During one conversation I've had with the president of the local Hindu temple in my area, he mentioned that a lot of one's life can be determined by the activity of the stars during when one was born. That is what brought me to this area of the forums, but the thing is, I haven't the faintest idea of where to start regarding researching this.

I do have some questions regarding my life in regards to Vedic astrology, but I don't even know who to consult first. I guess that's a good first step, finding someone to consult. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Someone Guide Me Here...

Namaste Webimpulse

There are many excellent Jyotish practitioners, and actually many are available from the Internet. There may even be some practitioners who are contributors to this forum. But you will need to provide some basic information, specifically date of birth, time of birth, location/city of birth and vital. Some do not know their time of birth, hopefully you know this information by hour and minute.I am not sure if one is allowed to recommend a practitioner without violating any rules of the forum. But I will tell you my personal Jyotish, who is located in the US, specifically his name is Prem Jyotish. So, let us say I am not recommending any specific Jyotish, I am only mentioning that he is my personal Jyotish. He is located in Jackson Heights, NY. He has a website www.premjyotish.net. I have an online account, but what I do is setup an appointment with him, we speak over the phone. My full chart is one of the best products I have seen in regards to jyotish science, it is almost the size of a little book, this includes vital information such as your Nakshatra. Mine is Karthigai or Krittika. Such information can dictate many things, such as your Hindu name. You will also find your stone or gem. Mine is Yellow Sapphire. Your color, mine is White, and so on, and not just charts and forecasts of past and future. There are also special services. He charges the basic rate common for US clients, which is $100 dollars for each service - e.g. full chart, but others as well. This is the typical charge in the United States as expected payment to any authorized Jyotish. If you go to India, there are also many amazing opportunities in terms of finding an authorized Jyotish, and also in other countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, and so on. So if you have a chance to travel, you may want to plan to include in your itinerary to visit with a Jyotish. I am a typical "layman" in Hinduism, who enriches such Jyotish practitioners, for which I do believe in and when I spend the fee it is always well spent. The goal is to find a true jyotish. And there are many who are also those who have taken to heart and study this science, and young and ready to put to use their knowledge, for which you may consider them as well and give them an opportunity to prove and build a reputation based on results. It is a vast science, and only those who study hard and have the ability will succeed. It is also something that is becoming a world-wide service, of interest to clients such as myself all over the world and the demand for skilled jyotish practitioners is rising and will only become more in demand in the future. And now with new technology and the internet, the opportunity for those who show results is greater than ever, and they can offer their services online to clients.Good luck in your pursuit of finding a Jyotish! It is real.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Last edited by ShivaFan; 27 January 2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: For some reason, when I type into the post, it puts all content into one single paragraph without return keys. No sure why.

Generally I think the best thing is to attune to one's own Self for guidance.
    Meditation is also one of the best remedies for various challenges in the vedic chart.
    But nevertheless there is much to gain by a sane knowledge of ones chart.
    I raises ones awareness of various patterns in ones life. This might assist in getting a clearer wiew of these karmic patterns and is an aid in letting go of them quicker.
    However to being dependent on various predictions and overly faith in the
    out come of various transits and dashas (periods) is maybe not so good.

The famous vedic astrologer B.V. Raman said that even the best jyotishi is not more accurate than 70 %. Things to think about.

For me being newly arrived in saturn period which is placed in 6th house is a good reminder to being more disciplined in health matters for example.
    This have led me to increased wellbeing actually. Saturn is placed with ketu moksha indicator and detachment. So I have consiously adapted a more detached attitude and increased meditation practice as well.

Jyotish is a good tool, When used in the right way..

Namaste,

With all due respect to the astrologers and the science of astrology, the following couplet by a poet rings in my ears:

Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqder se pehle
    Khuda bande se ye poche bata teri raza kia hai

Approximate translation: Elevate yourself so high that even God Himself consults you about your desire/will before he writes your destiny.

When you become single minded in pursuit of something and give it your all, there is no question of failure, as God helps those who help themselves. On the other hand, sitting around, waiting for things to happen per some preordained schedule is a sure way to be a loser.

Pranam.

This topic is very interesting. Some wise messages have been posted already.

In my experience so far, astrology has been very helpful - for me to believe in astrology for one part, the most important thing is - to believe in fate, destiny and god.

Although not even a student of astrology, I can be best described as a great enthusiast of this science and thus I have studied my chart very carefully, taking numerous pointers from Jyotishis over the cyberspace, where I have been lucky getting several readings in the past. What emerged is a set of concrete patterns or a clear picture of how my natal planets are operating - who makes me the reserved introvert, who gives me job, who gives me sickness and other misfortunes.

I too concur with the idea that one should avoid getting used to this shastra for expecting guidance on day to day matters to the point one will get addicted or one will rely on the planets alone and fail to do one's duty - but knowing one's natal chart and the way planets work for one can help you pick your ishta-devata, can help you overcome obstacles by doing pariharas and so forth. As B.V.Raman said, "Fools obey planets while wise men can control them". A wise jyotishi can give you the right mantras that can even ascend you spiritually, following the patterns in your natal chart! (similar to a "diksha guru").

In my belief, Shri Chandrashekhar Sharma ji is an excellent Jyothishi - he knows me personally and knows my entire background, and he has sweetly answered numerous questions of mine with so much patience. He has been right on target when he predicted when I will get job, etc. He is a scholar who authors the book 'Vedic Astrology Demystified'.
    Last edited by Viraja; 28 January 2013 at 06:40 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Sri Matre Namaha,

This reply is basd on my understanding of the nectarine words of the Previous Shankaracharya of Sringeri Peetam Sri Sri Sri Abhinava Vidyateertha Mahaswami.

Astrology Says "this is your Fate", now you have the free will to over come.

When the remedies like Dhyana, Pranayama, Aushada (medicine), Japa, Homa and Pooja done sincerely depending on the interest each one has in all of them or some of them, all most all the problems can be solved.

When I say Sincerely, it has to be from the bottom of the hard and doing it like there is no tomorrow leaving the result to the Almighty. When one does this say for at least 21 days to start with, will definitely see the results. Believe my words. When one is sincere, the providence will definitely help. No planet can trouble you for they will only help you.

Sri Matre Namaha

Thread Information