Thread: Ajna Charkra

Ajna Charkra

Namaste!

I have a major confusion of where the Ajna Charkra is located. Many sites on the internet say its just in the center of the eye brows, while when I first converted, I purchased 'Complete Idiots Guide to Hinduism' which says that it IS between the eye brows, but a couple inches in your head. Can you guys clear this confusion, please?

Dhanyavadah!
    Jai Maa Durga

Re: Ajna Charkra

This Chakra is in-between your eye-brows. However, it is certainly not on the skin surface. Every Chakra is actually connected with spinal centres inside the body. This chakra is projection of Medulla Oblongata on the forehead.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    This Chakra is in-between your eye-brows. However, it is certainly not on the skin surface. Every Chakra is actually connected with spinal centres inside the body. This chakra is projection of Medulla Oblongata on the forehead.

OM
    So is it at the topend of the spinal cord but not in the brain? Iam not trying to hairsplitting with debate on human anatomy here, iam wondering, medulla oblongata is almost at the back of the head, entering skull as a continuation of topend of the spinal cord. Right at the junction of skull/head with neck. Do you mean that or is it just behind the skull bones in frontal lobe area? namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    So is it at the topend of the spinal cord but not in the brain? Iam not trying to hairsplitting with debate on human anatomy here, iam wondering, medulla oblongata is almost at the back of the head, entering skull as a continuation of topend of the spinal cord. Right at the junction of skull/head with neck. Do you mean that or is it just behind the skull bones in frontal lobe area? namaste.
    I am not an expert of human anatomy. However, I think the description given below is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra
    medulla oblongata is almost at the back of the head, entering skull as a continuation of top-end of the spinal cord. Right at the junction of skull/head with neck.
    From Kriya-Yoga point of view, this Medulla Oblongata is considered a gateway to connecting the individualised consciousness within this body with the Cosmic Consciousness.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    I am not an expert of human anatomy. However, I think the description given below is correct.

From Kriya-Yoga point of view, this Medulla Oblongata is considered a gateway to connecting the individualised consciousness within this body with the Cosmic Consciousness.

OM

I think I have to rephrase my question for the answer I amlooking for. My description of medulla oblongata is fairly accurate anatomically speaking. The answer I was seeking is just same as the OP is seeking, the location of the chakra. Is it located closer to the front of brain which is FRONTAL LOBES, or is it located more at the back which is where the medulla oblongata is located. The former is a part of brain, the latter is closely located at the junction of spinal cord and the brain. Is the chakra located in front or behind the ears. I was under the impression it was in the frontal lobes. Probably you already answered it, its in med oblongata then. The below linked images will give some idea about the various functions of our brain, please have a quick look. Namaste. http://www.brainhealthandpuzzles.com..._of_brain.html

Vannakkam: The answer will be revealed when one is able to consciously function with awareness spinning in this chakra ... in other words, to see with the third eye. Until then, its irrelevant words in a book. This is just my opinion ... from somewhere way down by the muladara, could be below, could be above, I really don't have enough direct cognition to know.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by cmorel02 View Post
    Namaste!

I have a major confusion of where the Ajna Charkra is located. Many sites on the internet say its just in the center of the eye brows, while when I first converted, I purchased 'Complete Idiots Guide to Hinduism' which says that it IS between the eye brows, but a couple inches in your head. Can you guys clear this confusion, please?

Dhanyavadah!
    Dear cmorel02,

To define aajna as an' energy centre' would imply its nature as a visual centre of perception , not just in the physical sense, but in the sense of perception in the higher planes too. As part of a visual concept, the thought process takes place, perception happens, resulting in the seeker’s awakening through awareness . It , therefore, deals with visual consciousness and with clarity on an intuitive level.

The spot where this bliss occurs is the aajna chakra.It occurs on the subtle spot between the eybrows. If a line drawn upright into the centre of the eyebrows meet the line cut straight from the spine, it can be termed the site of activation. In all probability, the aajna chakra occurs at the eyebrow region( Kshetra)

Love

Here is a blue line drawn upright into the centre of the eyebrows meet the line cut straight from the spine.

Dhanyavadah!!

You guys really helped me with this!! God bless all of you!

Namaste!
    Jai Maa Durga

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

ājñā - to order , command , direct ; hence
    some call this ājñā cakra the 'command center' .

Additional ideas ( somewhat advanced) on this matter if one is studying this area of interest can be found on this HDF string:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...highlight=brow

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information