Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kalki avatara and Dharma

Kalki avatara and Dharma

Vanakkam everyone !

So, reading some posts from here and that, I came to a question. In fact I don't know what it is...Is it doubt ? Or just many questions ? Anyway I wanted to have some other people's opinion.

Why ? I'm not looking for a straight answer. I don't even know if a straight answer even exist, as Ego based opinions can be involved. I respect everyone in this forum, I don't have any issues with anyone, nor I have any judgement based on anything like birth, practice, sect or else. But I know that my Ego make me have opinions that only involve myself, and I am sorry for that. I know that others have it too, and I really hope this topic will not be a battlefield of ego, this is not my intention.

So, I was wondering, seeing all those battlefields...

Sri Kalki is yet to come to restore Dharma and destroy Adharmic people. In the general views apparently many people think this as litteral, in the term of slaughtering Adharma to restore Dharma and dawn a new era for mankind.

But here, in 2012, what is Dharma ?
    Does that mean that every non born hindu is an Adharmi ?
    Every westerner will be slayed ?
    Every people not following sanatana Dharma will be an Adharmi ?
    Every people that does not have caste will die ?
    Every people that didn't read Scriptures is an Adharmi ?
    Every westerner Bhakta practice, learn and believe in vain ?

Someone singing Bhajan, practicing Sadhana daily, reading scriptures, being a sincere Bhakta to his Lord/Maa...Will this person be considered as an Adharmic one because he/she is born westerner and eat meat once a week ?

And...If someone that is muslim, but a good muslim ? For exemple, that live in society with his faith, he do prayers, read muslim scriptures, is a good wife/husband, does not follow and consider the crazy laws of extremists...Will this person be slayed because he is a muslim, even if he/she lead a honest life ?

Please, understand that this is sincere though from my heart. I do not this with the intend of raising members/beliefs/sects against others, or to provoke a flame or mass trolling. I am talking with true sincerity, and not trying to make a view prevail on another. I rely my opinion only in the lotus feets of my Lord Mahadeva, but I would like to know yours, if it does not annoy you too much.

Thank you very much

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Jai bhole Shankar
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Re: Kalki avatara and Dharma

Namaste.

My opinions:

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    But here, in 2012, what is Dharma ?
    Dharma is tha same thing in 2012 CE as it was in 3102 BCE. Times change, Dharma doesn't.
    Does that mean that every non born hindu is an Adharmi ?
    Some people may believe that; I do not.
    Every westerner will be slayed ?
    Every people not following sanatana Dharma will be an Adharmi ?
    Some people may believe that; I do not. People follow Sanatana Dharma without knowing it.
    Every people that does not have caste will die ?
    I won't touch that one.
    Every people that didn't read Scriptures is an Adharmi ?
    Every westerner Bhakta practice, learn and believe in vain ?
    Someone singing Bhajan, practicing Sadhana daily, reading scriptures, being a sincere Bhakta to his Lord/Maa...Will this person be considered as an Adharmic one because he/she is born westerner and eat meat once a week ?
    And...If someone that is muslim, but a good muslim ? For exemple, that live in society with his faith, he do prayers, read muslim scriptures, is a good wife/husband, does not follow and consider the crazy laws of extremists...Will this person be slayed because he is a muslim, even if he/she lead a honest life ?
    There are good and bad atheists; good and bad Jews; good and bad Muslims; good and bad blacks; good and bad whites; good and bad Christians; good and even bad Hindus, believe it or not. Not to mention extremists and fundamentalists in every group
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

McKitty,

Just chill and have shraddhA - faith in your Mahadev.

Granthas are a medium for us, under the modes of nature and 5 koshas.
    The Lord does not follow a reader's perception of what is written.

The Lord is the Absolute Chief Justice, although He prefers not to act at other times. It is said that such worrying is 'an insult to God' and takes us a step away from surrender, or His shelter if you prefer that word.

There is a lot of time for Kalki to arrive, and i wonder how life will be viewed at the time - eons into the future.

And if Kalki comes tomorrow and i am one of His targets , so be it , Your Will be done my Lord. Just let me remember You always even after anhilliation of this body-mind-koshas whatever.

Hare KRshNa~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Vanakkam,

Thank you for your answers !

Don't worry smaranamji, I am not trembling in fear or writing this topic like "omagawd I don't wanna diiiiiiiiiie D:"

My shelter is Mahadev, I bow at his feet and surrender to his will. The only thing trembling with fear in me is Ego, I feel it inside me, putting doubt in my mind.
    Yet there's is something else that dawned since the day I followed Shivaji's teachings...There is less fear. Just a great calm. These moments I take refuge in my Lord, I do not fear.

I am sorry if I insult him by wondering that...This was more out of curiosity, as there is a variety of different people here that must have interesting things to say.

Jai jai Shankara

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Just let me remember You always even after anhilliation of this body-mind-koshas whatever.

Hare KRshNa~
    Yes, indeed...

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor these rulers of men. Nor shall all of us cease to be hereafter." B.G. 2.12

"Know that Reality, by which everything is pervaded, to be indestructible. No one can cause the destruction of this immutable Being." 2.17

"He cannot be cut or burnt. He can neither be wetted nor dried. Eternal, all-pervading, immovable and motionless. He is the same for ever." 2.24
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Vannakkam: Hinduism is vast, and there are sects like mine that don't even believe in Kalki Avatar, so I just wanted to point that out, so any newcomer might not get the wrong impression that its a universal belief for all Hindus.

But my Hindu brothers and sisters are all welcome to believe it if they wish. Please don't jump all over me again by viewing a neutral stance as negative.

Aum Namasivaya

Do not be too perturbed by the term "mlechha" being bandied about of late on HDF. No interpretation of Sruthi/BG establishes that non-Indian Hindus will not be looked upon favourably by Brahman. In any case, Hinduism is NOT a public religion. The concept of varna is NOT going to decide your eligibility for a job either in India or abroad. So, chill.

We Indians on HDF have this historical baggage of the caste system (which is different from the varna system) and would need to butt heads every once in a while to attempt to prove which interpretation is right.

Every person has a burden to bear. This is us Indians' burden.

Vanakkam,

Thank you Eastern Mindji, you made me understand that I've made a mistake !
    I know there are different schools and sects, but I though very most of them believed in Sri Vishnuji's Avatara ! As if it was a common belief...
    Thank you for showing me wrong, I have learned more thing today.

And don't worry, I am as neutral as you. But this still puzzle me in a way, just that.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Jainarayan View Post
    Namaste.

Yes, indeed...

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor these rulers of men. Nor shall all of us cease to be hereafter." B.G. 2.12

"Know that Reality, by which everything is pervaded, to be indestructible. No one can cause the destruction of this immutable Being." 2.17

"He cannot be cut or burnt. He can neither be wetted nor dried. Eternal, all-pervading, immovable and motionless. He is the same for ever." 2.24
    True. Thanks for the timely BG quotes.
    Jai Shri KRshNa
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

I have heard that it is only in Dwapara yuga did other religions (non-Hindu) begin to emerge. So going by that, everyone on earth is originally a Hindu. (Not to offend anyone here...)

Thread Information