Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hinduism and collective sufferings of Hindus

Re: Hinduism and collective sufferings of Hindus

Dear friend ,
    Taking from the wars of middle ages up to the partition and as recent as 1984 incident many many are there . Here I am not referring to the foreign invasions but talking about our own desi
    wars .Even Mahabharatha war , according to me comes in to that list.
    They say , when a person dies in a war ,he goes to heaven and stays there for 4 to 5 thousands of years . After the merit is over
    he again takes birth. By that count , I think , most of Mahabharatha
    heros are amongst us now .Many injustified events took place, I am sorry to say , in mahabharatha war though were fully endorsed by the people at helm .

Namaste Saswaty,

We never used the sword to spread our religion. Even today there does not exist a universally accepted method to adopt hinduism if you were born in a different religion !

Hinduism spread across to Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos mainly through goodwill and adoption. This is reflected in the texts of the local people themselves. As far as the use of sword to spread dharma is concerned we can be very proud of the lack of violence.

Perfect worlds, where there is no violence etc, occurs only in imagination and perhaps Marxists texts.

Regarding Mahabharata, if you disagree with Sri Krishna himself, then perhaps there is little I can say to convince you otherwise. However, I do hope that you have come to this conclusion after fully reading Gita.

Hari Om!

Thank you for this conversation as I feel that it has great value.

Unlike some others here, I do feel that religion and its oppression play a large part. Take the "Muslim Only" neighborhoods that are cropping up and being enforced in India recently. What a shame. How are we to live in peace if we are segregated? Again, as stated in the very first post, oppression first by the Muslims and then by the British - very sad indeed! Now add the Christians and others but no need to go there as we already have hashed that elsewhere and know that story fully.

My take on this other than the above is that Western greed is finding its way to our beloved Bharat in ways that have gone unchecked and cannot be stopped. Some progress mind you, others not so good. Look at our youth, our future. Falling more to western ways of drink, drugs, partying into tamasic hours of night with ill regard for customs. Taking no pride in who they are or where they have come from. Weakness tends to allow one to fall prey. That's where these horrors and atrocities come into play, reinforcing the ills of the past and allowing the weaknesses of now to take hold. In other words, the "It's all about me and it's all about now" mentality is taking hold. Shame.

How to stop this? Rishis of the past foresaw all of this and the remedies are in the vedas or so I am told. Would love to know if anyone else has any insight into this statement. Believe that I read this in a book by Yogi Ashwini of the Dhyan Foundation.

Om

Namaste C.smith,

I have heard from others also about this despair of Bharat falling prey to the vices. But I do not share this despair. I feel that even in old times knowledge of sanatan dharma was kept alive by a few. While we should definitely enlighten those who seek it, I don't think there is much to be worried about. When someone approaches us to be enlightened we should definitely share the knowledge with them then. When we are not busy sharing, we should meditate and elevate our own knowledge and consciousness.

But I do understand your sentiment.

Thread Information