Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Re: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Namaste Divine Light,

I am so excited to hear about your new seeds, congratulations! Honestly, I think it also depends on the person as to how long before they feel benefit. My very first seeds were in a Mala given to me by a friend and is Sri Lankan seeds - considered to be inferior compared to Java and Nepal beads. But I felt them right away. This is the mala so many different people on different occasions told me to never take off. I have restrung it several times, and I love it. Some of the seeds on it are even quite broken, but I don't think I will ever replace them, the mala still has power.

I don't know enough to comment on Neeta ji's statement about the seeds being the biggest part of their power, but she would certainly know and it makes sense to me. There is a seed in each chamber, each mukhi has a chamber for a seed. This is why the faces are important, it tells you how many seeds. Mukhis can certainly start deep on the top and be very shallow on bottom, I see this in Nepal beads as well, I imagine it would be much more the case with Java beads with start with shallower lines to begin with. As long as the line travels along the whole of the beads, top to bottom, and is unbroken and has not been partially carved to complete the line, then it is a true Mukhi line.

In my experience, sometimes thorns do break off, either spontaneously in the cleaning process or through wear. I have found my bracelet in particular has lost a few thorns due to wear and tear. This is okay as long as it's not a lot of them and the seed shell is not itself broken. It shouldn't affect the power of the bead.

I am really excited because I'm almost done finishing my seeds and am about to start taking some pictures. I will be able to share some to illustrate some of these points.

I wish I could write more but have to go as I'm on the run to an appointment at the moment. Happy Holidays to you as well and talk to you again soon!

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaste Divine Light,

I am so excited to hear about your new seeds, congratulations! Honestly, I think it also depends on the person as to how long before they feel benefit. My very first seeds were in a Mala given to me by a friend and is Sri Lankan seeds - considered to be inferior compared to Java and Nepal beads. But I felt them right away. This is the mala so many different people on different occasions told me to never take off. I have restrung it several times, and I love it. Some of the seeds on it are even quite broken, but I don't think I will ever replace them, the mala still has power.

I don't know enough to comment on Neeta ji's statement about the seeds being the biggest part of their power, but she would certainly know and it makes sense to me. There is a seed in each chamber, each mukhi has a chamber for a seed. This is why the faces are important, it tells you how many seeds. Mukhis can certainly start deep on the top and be very shallow on bottom, I see this in Nepal beads as well, I imagine it would be much more the case with Java beads with start with shallower lines to begin with. As long as the line travels along the whole of the beads, top to bottom, and is unbroken and has not been partially carved to complete the line, then it is a true Mukhi line.

In my experience, sometimes thorns do break off, either spontaneously in the cleaning process or through wear. I have found my bracelet in particular has lost a few thorns due to wear and tear. This is okay as long as it's not a lot of them and the seed shell is not itself broken. It shouldn't affect the power of the bead.

I am really excited because I'm almost done finishing my seeds and am about to start taking some pictures. I will be able to share some to illustrate some of these points.

I wish I could write more but have to go as I'm on the run to an appointment at the moment. Happy Holidays to you as well and talk to you again soon!

~Pranam
    Namaste Aanadinii,

I think a connection with the Rudraksha beads is more important then where they come from. I wonder if location truly matters. I believe that the quality of the bead is what matters; this is where I assume Nepali Rudraskhas got their reputation for their size, quality and power.

It must be really encouraging to hear from others that the Rudraksha mala you own is good and to never take it off. The only person I told about purchasing my Rudraksha armband and bracelet was my aunt. She was in fact very negative stating that India is full of cheaters and people from Mumbai/India will run circles around us they have no integrity religion is a business to them. It really put me off and made me doubt my decision even after all the research I put into selecting the best supplier. I guess she may have bad experiences with people that is why due diligence is a must you cant simply hop from "pandit to pandit"; or she believes who ever she knows is genuine no one else. I even had people ask me where to buy genuine beads from, when I tell them where they just look at me and snark; I guess its because I am significantly younger then them or that I am not wearing orange robes haha! One of the most interesting discussions I had was with a friend of my aunt (yes same aunt!) his guru manifested a Rudraksha from a rose which he wears ( I believe it is a 1 mukhi). Next time I see him I will look at it closer from what I now know the Java 1 mukhi is the only legit 1 mukhi us common folk can buy. My brother the "skeptic" always chuckles at the Rose story while I look up at the sky to see if a lightening bolt is heading in our direction.

I was able to get collector Java Rudraksha from Neetaji they look quite different from the normal/non-collector beads. Their grooves look similar to that of Nepalis on the top but they still have "lines" as mukhis. I wanted to post a picture of my 14 mukhi to show you the chip but its location is awkward (the silver band runs between the chipped area sigh!) On further inspection it seems the thorns that "fell off" interfere with the "mukhi groove"; but the actual mukhi "line" itself is still intact and runs all the way through from top to the bottom. I hope I am making sense here (Java beads have mukhis as lines)!! The chip makes me a little sad but I read an old post similar to mine about a child who fell and damaged his 14 mukhi bead. Neetaji said the same thing about the seeds being the most important aspect; in addition the bead was given to a friend to wear who stated its energy was correct for a 14 mukhi and the damage did not affect it (I have no clue how one determines this.). I guess I like things perfect (lol) and nature cannot be perfect it's something I have to accept and must have faith the Rudrakshas will work. I am not trying to discourage those who read this and honestly Neetaji's quality is really good compared to what other legit sites offer for Java Rudraksha. I will go as far as saying others cannot match what shes provides because she genuinely cares about her clients and encourages them that they can overcome it all to achieve (preach!). Overall, the Rudrakshas and other products I received from Rudra Centre are impeccable in terms of quality and are "on point" . (If I am able I will post pictures of the Rudraksha.)

Side Note: Through my research I found out that Rudra Centre ,Rudra Life and Rudra Jyoti are all the same company. I have to update my other thread with the details.

I am really excited to hear about your progress. I can't wait to see your pictures! How long did it take for the Rudraksha seeds to germinate? In fact I found another youtube video . It's of a young boy in Toronto who grew his own Rudraksha tree from clippings. He actually shows you the method. I honestly think the love and care he puts into planting them is the reason he is able to grow Rudraksha with such ease. I hope this video helps !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPXv7ttBP-8

-divinelight

Namaste Divine Light,

Apologies for the long delay in response.
    Quote Originally Posted by divnelight View Post
    I think a connection with the Rudraksha beads is more important then where they come from. I wonder if location truly matters. I believe that the quality of the bead is what matters; this is where I assume Nepali Rudraskhas got their reputation for their size, quality and power.
    Interesting observations, and worth thought. The differences I notice could definitely be due to how I use them and where I keep them, and some could be just psychological. They say symbols only have the power you allow them to have. That said, my Aunt who has never seen or heard of Rudraksha before felt their energy immediately...

It must be really encouraging to hear from others that the Rudraksha mala you own is good and to never take it off. The only person I told about purchasing my Rudraksha armband and bracelet was my aunt. She was in fact very negative stating that India is full of cheaters and people from Mumbai/India will run circles around us they have no integrity religion is a business to them. It really put me off and made me doubt my decision even after all the research I put into selecting the best supplier. I guess she may have bad experiences with people that is why due diligence is a must you cant simply hop from "pandit to pandit"; or she believes who ever she knows is genuine no one else. I even had people ask me where to buy genuine beads from, when I tell them where they just look at me and snark;
    Your Aunt is not wrong about this, and she is correct to be skeptical of anyone she hasn't personally vetted. I would add that such charlatains who prey on the faith of others are common not just in India and not just in Hindu faith. This happens everywhere and in all faiths. There are always those ready and willing to take advantage of others. If I recall this happened to your own family in bringing back some Rudraksha from an actual Temple once - it's no wonder she is so wary.

One of the reasons I trust Neetaji so much is how long she has been online, learning and posting information, and how freely she shares her information - she doesn't keep it hidden and give knowledge only for money. And because she also offers so many other things to the whole world, not just people in India. The puja items and temple prasadam, among other things, are things that are very hard to come by where I live. I was able to share bel leaves last Maha Shivaratri, with friends who had no idea where to find any, because Neetaji offers them and can ship them quickly halfway across the world. In my mind she is a true devotee. Certainly it is also a business for her, and as such there has to be some part of it that makes profit for her, but as far as businesses that offer religious and spiritual healing things go, I feel like she is one of the few good ones out there and doesn't seek to take advantage and cheat as so many do.

But, this is just my personal feeling, any are free to disagree. But you shoudln't feel bad about your decision and purchase after such research in what to do, because of this. You researched and did what you felt was right, and with money you could afford to spend. There is no reason to feel badly about it. If others are skeptical, it's because they have their reasons and they may be good ones. They shouldn't impact you as long as your are careful about your own decisions.
    I guess its because I am significantly younger then them or that I am not wearing orange robes haha! One of the most interesting discussions I had was with a friend of my aunt (yes same aunt!) his guru manifested a Rudraksha from a rose which he wears ( I believe it is a 1 mukhi). Next time I see him I will look at it closer from what I now know the Java 1 mukhi is the only legit 1 mukhi us common folk can buy. My brother the "skeptic" always chuckles at the Rose story while I look up at the sky to see if a lightening bolt is heading in our direction.
    Many manifestations are indeed sleight of hand to trick the easily lead. Bhagavan allows these things and allows skepticism without bolts of lighting to smite either side. Again, your brother is smart to be skeptical. Your aunt's friend may be right and it is genuine though. It's up to you to decide which.

You may be scoffed at because of your age, yes. There is little you can do to stop that. Don't worry about it too much, just let it be. if you leave it alone, it will pass.
    I was able to get collector Java Rudraksha from Neetaji they look quite different from the normal/non-collector beads. Their grooves look similar to that of Nepalis on the top but they still have "lines" as mukhis. I wanted to post a picture of my 14 mukhi to show you the chip but its location is awkward (the silver band runs between the chipped area sigh!) On further inspection it seems the thorns that "fell off" interfere with the "mukhi groove"; but the actual mukhi "line" itself is still intact and runs all the way through from top to the bottom. I hope I am making sense here (Java beads have mukhis as lines)!!
    Yes. Nepal species beads also have the lines, but deep channels created by the whorls, also called 'thorns', around them. Java beads have much more shallow thorns, when there are any, so often it is just the lines defining the faces, or as you state, some beads will have some thorns creating a channel similar to what your see with Nepal beads for part or all of the length of the line, but it is not usually as deep a channel. In Nepal beads, sometimes the thorns on each side of the channel can grow together a bit and cover part of the line/channel, creating a kind of tunnel, too.
    The chip makes me a little sad but I read an old post similar to mine about a child who fell and damaged his 14 mukhi bead... ...I guess I like things perfect (lol) and nature cannot be perfect it's something I have to accept and must have faith the Rudrakshas will work.
    Exactly. Nature is rarely 'perfect' by Human definitions.
    Overall, the Rudrakshas and other products I received from Rudra Centre are impeccable in terms of quality and are "on point" . (If I am able I will post pictures of the Rudraksha.)
    I am glad to hear you find them so. I would love to hear your thoughts after wearing them for a time, too.
    Side Note: Through my research I found out that Rudra Centre ,Rudra Life and Rudra Jyoti are all the same company. I have to update my other thread with the details.
    Very interesting! I will go looking for that information when I have a little time.
    I am really excited to hear about your progress. I can't wait to see your pictures! How long did it take for the Rudraksha seeds to germinate? In fact I found another youtube video . It's of a young boy in Toronto who grew his own Rudraksha tree from clippings. He actually shows you the method. I honestly think the love and care he puts into planting them is the reason he is able to grow Rudraksha with such ease. I hope this video helps !!!!
    I have pictures of the beads and the mala I made and will post to my blog soon - probably when I return home from Florida. I would like to post sooner, but am really enjoying spending time with Family. ^_^

I don't have any seedlings yet though. I want to have a plan and a place to plant trees when they are old enough, and I don't have that at this time, so I haven't tried to grow any. The kind Pandit Swamyji and the Temple I made the Mala for said he would try and get me a tree though! I told him thank you but I don't know if one would grow where I live. But the video you linked gives me hope that if the poster can grow one in Toronto I might be able to as well. But his is in a pot so will always be stunted unless he plants it in soil. That is what I would like to do, and have a full-sized tree one day. I just don't know, because we do get just a little bit colder where I live than any information I can find about their cold tolerance...

Regardless, when I do try and grow some I will also post about it and will definitely share pictures. And thank you so much for the link to that video! I like that he also has Tulsi and other plants. I got a Tulsi at the Satsang I go to but I gave it to my neighbor who had been wanting one badly, but I also have two lovely red Hibiscus plants which I keep indoors in the winter. They bring lovely color to the house.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information