Thread: Important Questions about Meditation

Important Questions about Meditation

Dear people, I am 19 years old, and born and grown up in the Netherlands [ origin I am Turkish ]. Last days I'm investigating on Hinduism, it seems me very logical and rational [ especially the scientific subjects in Veda’s ]. But I don't know much about Hinduism and I have yet some questions in my mind, really it will be good if you can help me. If I may ask dear people:

- I found from this link the instructions about a meditation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1HD8i2vCek

, but I have a question in my mind about this subject:

_ it is enough if I practice this meditation until about 1:35 minutes [ instructions of this video ] ? And is reciting/repeat of the mantras during these meditation obligatory or required?

_ If I want to practice any meditation [ for being closer to God], should I take ablution? Is there such thing in Hinduism [ ablution]? If so, how can I do that?

Again really it will be good if u can help me, forgive me if I did bother you.

Re: Important Questions about Meditation

Namaste SOB,

Quote Originally Posted by ServantOfBrahman View Post
    _ it is enough if I practice this meditation until about 1:35 minutes [ instructions of this video ] ? And is reciting/repeat of the mantras during these meditation obligatory or required?

_ If I want to practice any meditation [ for being closer to God], should I take ablution? Is there such thing in Hinduism [ ablution]? If so, how can I do that?

Again really it will be good if u can help me, forgive me if I did bother you.
    It is advisable to learn meditation from a Guru/Self-realised saint. I have not gone through the video you referred to. Meditations are done in different ways and your Guru advises you correctly what you should follow. Meditation means focusing one's mind towards one thought (for spiritual upliftment). This can be achieved by anchoring mind to some picture, some mantra, some thought etc. and as mind drifts during the practice, bringing it back to the anchor again and again.

Invoking God and Guru is strongly advisable while doing meditation as mind contains very deep and powerful impressions gathered and engraved in sub-consciousness which will not allow you to succeed in meditation so easily. Moreover, there may be negative vibrations around you which can bring undesirable hindrances to the practice and sometimes can even harm the practitioner. God and Guru help in this aspect.

Keeping calm even in most difficult circumstances is an essential art to learn for the practitioner. This has to be practised every moment, so that it becomes a natural habit to be calm.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information