Thread: transcendental experience of Brahman in world population of 7.3 Billion

transcendental experience of Brahman in world population of 7.3 Billion

Helllo,

The estimated world population is 7,257,792,500 as I write this (7.3 Billion).

If "1-in-5,000" already had
    transcendental experience of Brahman -- there are 1,450,000 "Seers" alive today.

Do you think there would be more, or less, "Seers" alive today, than my -haphazard- guess of
    1,450,000 persons (1.5 Million persons)?

How common, do you think, is transcendental experience of Brahman ?

Thank You.
    Last edited by garudha; 02 September 2014 at 05:07 AM.

Re: transcendental experience of Brahman in world population of 7.3 Billion

Namaste,
    Where did you pull the 1 in 5000 number from? For a proper guess read the Gita.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,
    Where did you pull the 1 in 5000 number from? For a proper guess read the Gita.
    Hello Satay,

I do have a copy of the Bhagavad Gita stored away. It's an ISKCON publication with English translation from around the year 2000...

Please inform me if the ISKCON translation in English is suitable for learning ?

Also; If you'd be so kind to tell me in which chapter I'd find such a "guess" then I'd be very grateful.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by garudha View Post
    Helllo,

The estimated world population is 7,257,792,500 as I write this (7.3 Billion).

If "1-in-5,000" already had
    transcendental experience of Brahman -- there are 1,450,000 "Seers" alive today.

Do you think there would be more, or less, "Seers" alive today, than my -haphazard- guess of
    1,450,000 persons (1.5 Million persons)?

How common, do you think, is transcendental experience of Brahman ?

Thank You.
    This answer is not from the Gita, but I have heard by word-of-mouth that about 1 in 1 Crore (100,00,000) get divine visions and/or get some sort of communion with god. So, if that is the ratio, then we get merely about 700 seers at any given time around the globe!

But that said, most people do not fall in the range of 'seers' but are blessed with some point in their life, some devotional/mystical experience (myself being one of those). It is as common as that!

Regards.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

namaste
    Chapter 7.

Manuṣyāṇāṁ sahasreṣu...

Quote Originally Posted by garudha View Post
    Hello Satay,

I do have a copy of the Bhagavad Gita stored away. It's an ISKCON publication with English translation from around the year 2000...

Please inform me if the ISKCON translation in English is suitable for learning ?

Also; If you'd be so kind to tell me in which chapter I'd find such a "guess" then I'd be very grateful.

Regards.
    satay

Hare Krishna!

Dear all,

Glory to all those 700, 7,000 or 70,000 blessed ones who have had transcendental experiences of Brahma. But how does it or this discussion help us ?

Shall we go by the %age of probability in our quest? Even if the number is 1 in 1 Billion, does it really matter if we sincerely love and want Him ! Who knows, you may be that one in a billion. So, please come to the core and stick to it. Chant the Mahamantra or any mantra that carries the beloved Lord's name and get dissolved into it to experience the transcendental realm. It might occur just like that, who knows ?

The Gita says everything and in the jist it says to surrender to Him is the easiest way. Let's do that only for every question, every doubts, for everything. He would take the charge of doing the rest for us.

Love.

Dilip.
    Last edited by Dilip; 03 September 2014 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip View Post
    But how does it or this discussion help us ?
    Vannakkam: Excellent question, and one that can be posed for most discussions, I think.

Aum Namasivaya

Hare Krishna !

Dear Eastern Mind,

Thank you for your kind words.

But I am really sorry if I have hurt anybody because of my last post. The only intention was to only say that the time is running out fast for all of us and let us not waste it by such discussions which, by all probabilities, do not take us anywhere.

With love, best wishes and regards to all,

Dilip.

Namaste garudha

To achieve liberation is not an easy thing for many.
    As pointed out by Satay, Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad gita 7.3 "Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth."
    Then again Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad gita 7.19 "After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge surrenders unto Me, knowing Me to be the cause of all causes and all that is. Such a great soul is very rare."
    And again Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad gita 6.45 "And when the yogī engages himself with sincere endeavor in making further progress, being washed of all contaminations, then ultimately, achieving perfection after many, many births of practice, he attains the supreme goal."

But despite all this it's not so difficult and too demanding because ...
    "O son of Pṛthā, those who take shelter in Me, though they be of lower birth -- women, vaiśyas [merchants] and śūdras [workers] -- can attain the supreme destination." (Bhagavad gita 9.32)
    and "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it." (Bhagavad gita 9.26)
    ... because everyone can take shelter in the Lord, and everyone can render to the Lord some simple service by offering Him a leaf, a flower, fruit or water with love and devotion.
    So that we do not have to count among the ones listed above which "after many, many births", and "Such a great soul is very rare". We can achieve perfection in this lifetime.

Regarding ISKCON's publication of the Gita. I'm reading it for many years. It's good to start with. I recommend. Actually, the author's comments on each verse are even more important than the translation itself. If you read the author's comments you will get a deeper insight into the teachings of the Gita itself but also the Vedic literature in general, and you will learn a lot.
    The above quotes I've stated precisely from the ISKCON's publication, the BBT, vedabase.

regards

Thread Information