Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Search of a Guru

Re: In Search of a Guru

Hare Krishna!

Jai Guru, Jai Guru, Jai Guru !

Inspired by the beautiful posts here, would like to add a few lines.

The saying goes, "As you sow, so you reap". In other words, "As you desire, so you get." If we can understand and accept that the Guru comes to us then naturally the thought comes how he comes to us, who sends him, why in particular he and not somebody else.

Why do we need a Guru ? If we need him for God alone and nothing else, then the right Guru is sent to us to take us to Him. The standard or level of Guru depends on what we truly crave for. Before we look for a Guru, we need to sound ourselves how good a 'disciple' we are going to be. That is why probably it is said, "Guru mile hazaro, chela mile na koi".

It is simply like this that God himself is the best Guru and we are all in Him and He is in us, yet we all do not get liberated. We are his sons, daughters and creations, He is the father still only a few gets salvation. So even if the Guru is an avatar, there is no hope if we fall behind. He shall surely show us the way, the path but we have to do the walking.

Even then, a sadguru is so very important. Because, it does not matter if we fail and do not reach our goal. Advancement towards the goal will be there for sure. After all today's thief will be tomorrow's saint. Nobody becomes a saint overnight.

Sadguru is like a gentle flow of breeze, inside a room ,that carries the fragrance of that unknown divine flower. It cannot show us the flower but if we follow the direction and path of the breeze we can hope to find it. This job we have to do.

Those who can shed tears for the Lord, who are premi, who are near derangement to see Him, who are like Meera Bai or Shabari, they do not need a Guru. God himself becomes their Guru, takes care of them and show up.

It is the Grace of my Gurudev upon me that tells all that Guru is God and God is Guru. So it is not a must to have a human being of flesh and blood as a Guru. But it is so very difficult to meditate, love and worship an unknown, never-seen, with or without form entity as a Guru. So, we take the easier path. That is why God himself, being so compassionate, takes the human form as a Guru and tells us to follow his path.

With love to all,

Dilip.

This past Sunday I traveled to meet him and was eventually invited to a private meeting. I am still wondering how this chicken had the nerve to do all of that...very outside of my comfort zone.

I wasn't even, at this point, expecting anything at all. I had just accepted my situation so happily...was even a bit apprehensive about changing it.

Something about surrender....saying okay I don't have the answers...and I don't know what's best for me...so maybe a guru/helper isn't what I need right now...or even deserve?

The funniest thing is that all along I was seeking I was just simply not aware of the wheels turning me allll those many years toward that moment.

As a child in a car waiting to get to the ocean vacation is unaware of the distance...or maybe even the destination....we cry...ask how long....beg to go...all the while....we are on our way and just to ignorant to know this!

For those seeking, know that if a fool dog can be given this grace, any being is fit upon this good earth to also receive the same thing.

Just keep traveling on your journey, be happy for your location...and when things are right...you will see wonderful things happen. <3

Namaste,

Welcome

I, too, have the desire for a guru. The guru will come when we are ready. The guru chooses us.

Guru Om
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Namaste,

Welcome. =)

As much as I would like a living and physical Guru in this birth, I know I have much to learn. I have a feeling Guru will be looking for me when I am ready, so I try to not focus on the distraction of my desire for one. In the meantime, I look to all those wiser than I - which is almost everyone - as teachers in their own right and try to listen/watch for the lessons Sri Bhagavan sets in my path, as the ultimate Guru.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information