Thread: New here

New here

Hello, my name's Ethan I am from Ohio

Looking for guidance. I want to become a hindu.

Does anyone have any spare books etc you could mail me to my house?
    Please let me know

Thank you

Re: New here

Vannakkam elake: Welcome to HDF. Becoming a Hindu is a worthy goal, if you're suitably inclined to it.

As for books, there is a lot of stuff on line, and a great place to start is the 'Library' button on this site. If you have anything in partiicular you're looking for, please let us know. Maybe we can help.

Aum Namasivaya

That's the thing. I don't have a computer.
    So I can personally sit down and read those that are online..

I just want to learn. And be able to become one.

Also would like to learn the writing etc.

Hari Om!

How fantastic that you are interested in the way of the Hindus. A most warm welcome. Please do tell us more about yourself so that suggestions can be tailored to your needs and desires. I for one would be willing to help out. Please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details.

Om

Dear friend ,
    I don't see the point in going to other religion .Just as all rivers lead to an ocean , all religions preach the same .Ultimately humanity is the highest religion .Many people are interested in the frills and laces which are associated with Hindu religion .

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friend ,
    Just as all rivers lead to an ocean , all religions preach the same
    Vannakkam saswathy: I'm sorry, but they don't. There is a huge difference between Dharmic faiths and Abrahamic ones. Heaven/hell versus reincarnation is just a starting point.

Aum Namasivaya

I must agree with eastern mind here. No offence to other religions, but saying that all religions preach the same thing is an oversimplification. Or perhaps, maybe you are just trying to be nice. However, the interpretation and philosophical content of different religions is different. One should associate themselves with whichever faith their inner self reconciles the best.

Finally, saying that "people are interested in the frills ..." is definitely a strong (unpalatable) statement. Whether someone's intentions are genuine or not is for them to decide. If it is then the interest will stay or else it will wane automatically with time. We should help where we can, but there is no need to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friend ,
    I don't see the point in going to other religion .Just as all rivers lead to an ocean , all religions preach the same .Ultimately humanity is the highest religion .Many people are interested in the frills and laces which are associated with Hindu religion .

Hare Krishna!

Originally from Saswathy...

"Re: New here
    Dear friend ,
    I don't see the point in going to other religion .Just as all rivers lead to an ocean , all religions preach the same .Ultimately humanity is the highest religion .Many people are interested in the frills and laces which are associated with Hindu religion ."

Dear Saswathy,

Wonderful post ! Thank you so very much. You have spoken from my heart. I always thought alike.

Lord Krishna did not know of Hinduism, Lord Jesus did not hear of Christianity, Lord Buddha did not know Buddhism had ever existed and so on. They only talked about one God and how we can be His beloved ones. They never talked about any religion. We created all groups and religions and alienated ourselves. Religions were made to be tools or support or help to find our true path to know or see God. So, all important thing was God. Suddenly God alone knows when this topsy-turvy took place and God became secondary and religions gained the primary importance. I always thought not religion but look up at the great seers, the avatars and follow their paths. I always thought if one Jesus Christ is not enough then even a million Krisnas also won't be enough and vice versa.

Love and best wishes,

Dilip.

Thread Information