Thread: A question about reincarnation

1. A question about reincarnation

Hello everyone,

I am a writer and was wondering if you could help me with research. I am currently building a world wherein a technology is made that prolongs life, providing functional immortality. This technology is essentially forced on the American people with the option for the rest of the world to join if they so choose.

Because Reincarnation is an important concept in Hindu religion, how would an average person of this faith react? Would they be upset about the "cycle" being broken? Would they rebel?

Another important question is how this technology would be received by any nation which follows a religion that has reincarnation. Would India refuse the technology?

I'm interested in the kinds of reactions the world would see to this kind of technology, any discussion on immortality in relation to reincarnation would be helpful.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

2. Re: A question about reincarnation

namaste

i don't know too much but i don't think anybody would oppose it ,..i mean its a little bit offensive i guess ,.. its like saying "look we have made a cure for cancer,but we can't launch it in India because they believe in reincarnation".
    in ancient times it is believed yogis and sadhus used to control their life and their death themselves by regulating their breathing,through yoga and through 'jaap' so probably you can translate that in ancient India there was already ways of being immortal

i watch a lot of movies and if i were to watch this kind of movie i would think that this will lead to a drastic increase in population,..so probably the authorities will impose a ban on having children ,..that actually might not settle well with some abrahmic religions.. plus if you dont have children eventually the mental level or you could say the intellect of society will become stagnant people will get bored of themselves probably everybody would try to become the king of the world(nobody is going to die so what have they got to lose) i mean there can be a lot of plot holes due to this "immortality"
    har har mahadev !!

Thread Information