Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why???

Why???

Namaste members,

I hope this thread of mine does not come across as questioning moderation.

I am surprised to see the thread of God is not a mere superintendent closed.

Actually I was not planning to make it into a Varna thread but just to discuss about the Sutra and Sukta in clearer perspective as of why and how certain restrictions came about.

I have noted that having any pre conceived notions seems the name of the game here.

Even sincere questions to discuss any aspect of Hinduism is shot down by some who think that anyone who has questions is all out to attack Hinduism.

Why this mind set?

Why cant Hindus discuss with each other calmly and not get so worked up?

Why would fellow Hindus want to be anti Hindus?

It seems that its all copy and paste syndrome here..and a mutual admiration society and any question from anyone is thought to be only trying to attack Hinduism.

We need to be mature..the choice of words of those here who claim to be the defenders of Hinduism at times can be totally lacking decorum and social etiquette.

In the name of religion one should not lose social etiquette.

In the past I used to think that only those who were belonging to a certain sect of an Abrahamic religion were the ones who have a low threshold of tolerance and would get all stirred up at the drop of a hat or when anyone even draws a cartoon but it seems to be that some Hindus too sadly are moving into that direction.

We are supposed to evolve and not devolve.

I know I stand the risk of being banned for this post of mine and its fine with me if I am banned too because it just seems that no proper discussion is ever allowed without being shot down by SA 11 Missile system in the name of Hindu Dharma.

I just have to say this..

Shot through the heart,
    And you're to blame
    You give Dharm
    A Bad name!
    Last edited by renuka; 24 July 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Re: Why???

Dear friends ,
    Even I do believe that the forum is intolerant for some topics . Though the name given is Hindu dharma Forums , it is actually Krishna and vaishnava forum. Hinduism , as it is known today is in fact Sanathana dharma , and is a very broad term which encompasses all dharmas , religions and beliefs . Many religions are propagated by individuals according to their beliefs . But Sanathana dharma is a way of life and had been in the practice from time immemorial.It is not partial to any particular sect or belief . Caste and creeds are all the terms coined by some powerful personalities , whether it is seers or sages or brahmins or some such power lobbies .We all know that India was once attached to Africa and Australiabefore the great continental drift .In fact Australia was known as pushkar dweepam.Change is the nature of nature and to day everybody thinks that India is the country of Hindu culture .I feel forum should invite all discussions on all topics pertaining to sanathana dharma . Any literature reflects the customs , practices , beliefs , traditions and rules of that particular time and place .
    So no wonder all our scriptures reflect the practices of that time and place .It is in no way demeaning our religious texts but we have to move on with times , keeping in view of changes as long as they are fair and rational.I also feel that this piece is going to banish me from the forum .

Friend

If you crawl this forum and categorize the messages, it will be advatic and mostly iskcon bashing than Krishna and vaishnava. ( just look at the page count if you want)

I think satay closed the thread as the subject is already discussed and he did not remove the thread though. Do a search for varna and there are more thread where you can learn, share and enjoy.

Hare Krishna

Namaste ji,

Its not questioning the moderation but every possible rational question is shot down and members freely use words like "ignorance' etc on those who ask questions..even Jnaanis do not call the common man ignorant.

It does not really take too long to use back any other similar sounding words on those who call anyone ignorant but its because of social etiquette that some of us might not want to react because may be partly some of us are not wired to be rude.

This is more of the concern..anything which is not to the liking is called False Views and we hear comments like Vedas/Advaita is not for all and sundry but yet no one gives proper answers..all everyone knows is to say Not this Not this.

Frankly speaking if all of us are still hanging around in a forum that shows everyone is not yet a Jnaani but its seems that many portray signs and symptoms of being in Mokshaland!

This is the main concern and such behavior actually puts off any honest seeker.

Its a sad state indeed.

Then others too freely write stuff like 'some over enthusiastic member blah blah blah said this and said that and add stuff that even that member did not say..calling it imagination etc"

Its very unbecoming ..well what else can I say..a closed mind is the greatest enemy possible.

Anyway Adios Amigos..Eid is around the corner..need to plan for holidays.

Eid Mubarak to everyone!

Renuka Out!

Dear renuka Ji,

Good message but I personally request you to stay and share and learn here and same time forgiving few human mistakes and errors. As long as we share our idea, understanding it's all good. When we question something as long as we keep the respect it's good but if there is a fact and basis to have an opinion please do have one and do have faith in your opinions. Hdf is not and should not determinate your spiritual quest or life unless you see some life changing value here. Some people get the fantastic feeling that they know all answers in their own faith but reality is not the same so when you question them they either go and find the answer or with impatience call it your ignorance but it's only theirs.

There are lot of great people who are and were contributing in hdf and there are many valuable messages recorded in this forum so without any hard feeling stay and make use of this place.

Hare Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Dear renuka Ji,

Good message but I personally request you to stay and share and learn here and same time forgiving few human mistakes and errors. As long as we share our idea, understanding it's all good. When we question something as long as we keep the respect it's good but if there is a fact and basis to have an opinion please do have one and do have faith in your opinions. Hdf is not and should not determinate your spiritual quest or life unless you see some life changing value here. Some people get the fantastic feeling that they know all answers in their own faith but reality is not the same so when you question them they either go and find the answer or with impatience call it your ignorance but it's only theirs.

There are lot of great people who are and were contributing in hdf and there are many valuable messages recorded in this forum so without any hard feeling stay and make use of this place.

Hare Krishna

Namaste,

Dear Grames Ji,

I will be around..its just that Eid is around the corner and we have long holidays here for it and need to plan my trip to India next week.

I will be back active again once I come back from India(provided I am not banned!LOL)

Have a safe trip and if you get time and chance, visit the oldest temple in the place where you are going to and share the history with some pictures for us.

Thank you and have joyful time
    Hare Krishna

Namaste Renuka ji,

Grames is one of the oldest members here and he has tried to answer your concerns in a nice manner. From my side, I would say this :

a) Every place of discussion which has been there in existence for a long time, has its own history and its own culture. So, it is true for HDF too. It is neither bad or good which are relative terms but it is unique to that place and we must give ourselves time to understand this before becoming judgmental as your post appears to be. I think your stay here has been too short to make an unbiased judgement about this place.

May be you don't like something here because it doesn't fit your idea of what this place should have been but whether your idea is better or what the place has actually become ... must be decided after giving some adequate time to both sides which is lacking in this case, imho.

b) Like a place of discussion, everyone starts having some preferred way of discussing things. You are new here and you may find that your new friends (if you consider us friends) don't behave in the manner you expect, there is need to have patience. May be you need to adapt to this new environment a little, may be you can change something but only when you have earned the trust/love of people here.

I would like to address a few points brought up by you :

Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I am surprised to see the thread of God is not a mere superintendent closed.
    Actually I was not planning to make it into a Varna thread but just to discuss about the Sutra and Sukta in clearer perspective as of why and how certain restrictions came about.
    Actually, Varna and Caste topic have been discussed on this forum in the past with heated arguments and quite a few members got banned for losing their calm. You can very well search this forum and see those threads yourself. As this thread was going towards that side, Satay found it fit to close that thread. I think, he has taken a timely action. Everything what could have been discussed/presented on this topic has already been done in those threads and there is no point in discussing the same topic again and again.

I have noted that having any pre conceived notions seems the name of the game here.
    Please calm down. It appears to be a biased view or at least a pre-mature view. You are being judgmental.

Even sincere questions to discuss any aspect of Hinduism is shot down by some who think that anyone who has questions is all out to attack Hinduism.
    It is not that "all sincere questions are shot down here". Please go through previous threads and decide yourself. Just because, it is not going in your favour, it doesn't mean that people are all biased against you and are intolerant to discuss anything new. Moderators have their way of working and many a times and we should be fair to them as they cannot please each and everyone here.

It seems that its all copy and paste syndrome here..and a mutual admiration society and any question from anyone is thought to be only trying to attack Hinduism.
    Very very judgmental statement, imo.

We need to be mature..the choice of words of those here who claim to be the defenders of Hinduism at times can be totally lacking decorum and social etiquette.In the name of religion one should not lose social etiquette.
    If you feel that someone is intolerant and lacks decorum, please report to the moderators. Satay has been doing a good job. Yajvan ji too keeps a track if people are maintaining proper decorum while discussing on this forum or not. Let's be fair to them. They don't have time to go through all posts and therefore, if some posters go unpunished in spite of using not to nice language, it is because it goes unreported.

In the past I used to think that only those who were belonging to a certain sect of an Abrahamic religion were the ones who have a low threshold of tolerance and would get all stirred up at the drop of a hat or when anyone even draws a cartoon but it seems to be that some Hindus too sadly are moving into that direction.
    We must admit that some people in all religions are somewhat intolerant and expecting that everyone would be always receptive to new ideas /conflicting ideas gracefully is not a practical expectation.

I know I stand the risk of being banned for this post of mine and its fine with me if I am banned too because it just seems that no proper discussion is ever allowed without being shot down by SA 11 Missile system in the name of Hindu Dharma.
    You are complaining even before any action has been taken against you. You are just assuming and making accusations. This is not fair.

I just have to say this..

Shot through the heart,
    And you're to blame
    You give Dharm
    A Bad name!
    Nice poetry. We would like to read more from you. So please stay along. We are not so bad as you have assumed.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

If you had bothered to comprehend the forum rules like I have requested at least three times now you wouldn't be asking the question. Your outburst is irrelevant and unnecessary.

Please first read, comprehend, respect and follow the rules of the forum. Until you take that step, this misalignment of yours with HDF will remain.

I have placed your posts under moderation again. This will give you time to get familiar with the culture of HDF.

There is no need to be bratty, just follow the rules and you will get the hang of it.

Take care,
    Last edited by satay; 25 July 2014 at 01:05 AM.
    satay

Namaste,
    Again, please read and practice the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friends ,
    Even I do believe that the forum is intolerant for some topics . Though the name given is Hindu dharma Forums , it is actually Krishna and vaishnava forum. Hinduism , as it is known today is in fact Sanathana dharma , and is a very broad term which encompasses all dharmas , religions and beliefs . Many religions are propagated by individuals according to their beliefs . But Sanathana dharma is a way of life and had been in the practice from time immemorial.It is not partial to any particular sect or belief . Caste and creeds are all the terms coined by some powerful personalities , whether it is seers or sages or brahmins or some such power lobbies .We all know that India was once attached to Africa and Australiabefore the great continental drift .In fact Australia was known as pushkar dweepam.Change is the nature of nature and to day everybody thinks that India is the country of Hindu culture .I feel forum should invite all discussions on all topics pertaining to sanathana dharma . Any literature reflects the customs , practices , beliefs , traditions and rules of that particular time and place .
    So no wonder all our scriptures reflect the practices of that time and place .It is in no way demeaning our religious texts but we have to move on with times , keeping in view of changes as long as they are fair and rational.I also feel that this piece is going to banish me from the forum .
    satay

Thread Information