Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Delete Some Of Our Posts ?

How to Delete Some Of Our Posts ?

Dear Friends,
    Namasthe!

I would like to delete some of my previous posts, does the forum provide such options ? I have seen some of the forum members do that , but I do not see that option. Does that require special privileges ?

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Re: How to Delete Some Of Our Posts ?

Namaste,

I don't think members can delete their entire posts, but we can edit out the contents of a post. But no point wasting time in going back. Moving forward, we can change things to suit the temperament of the members. What is done is done. Just put it behind you.

Others too make multi-post offerings in a conversational mode, as if a class is being conducted in front of a live audience. So, nothing wrong with that. It is just that when other's sensitivities are tickled that things get a bit rough. So, the content could be adjusted for future posts without changing the format. Your blog musings are your views; everyone understands that. But, in the forum with multiple viewpoints and with followers of one of the infinite number of sampradayes of Hindus, one has to temper the offerings so as not to sound insulting to other sampradayes.

I would just be a bit more careful about other's feelings for future and not spend endless hours going over past/old posts.

Pranam.

Dear Believer,
    Namasthe! And Thank you for the advice.

I share a vision ... i have mentioned this several times ... to me its precious and divine.

I do not want it to be made available where its not appreciated or understood. I requested the moderators for the permission. But they did not reply. I consider it "harsh" response [Very Arrogant] to not reply to a message .... ... but i can ignore that too !

Love!
    Silence

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    I share a vision ...
    I do not want it to be made available where its not appreciated or understood.
    When a rose blooms, it spreads its fragrance all around it. It just cannot hide it, it just happens. But if the plant is close to a farm, the stench of the cow dung overpowers the fragrance.

So, if you have visions, by all means make the offerings. But try to contain your exuberance and do it in a way that others don't get offended. And also realize that there are very few people here who come to learn; mostly it is 'made up' minds presenting their own 'visions' - sort of ego driven activity. If you want large numbers of people learning from and appreciating 'your vision', then this forum may not be the right place for you.

Pranam.

Dear Believer,

When a rose blooms, it spreads its fragrance all around it. It just cannot hide it, it just happens. But if the plant is close to a farm, the stench of the cow dung overpowers the fragrance.

So, if you have visions, by all means make the offerings. But try to contain your exuberance and do it in a way that others don't get offended. And also realize that there are very few people here who come to learn; mostly it is 'made up' minds presenting their own 'visions' - sort of ego driven activity. If you want large numbers of people learning from and appreciating 'your vision', then this forum may not be the right place for you.

Pranam.
    Your post ... it just tells me that my vision was missed !

If the nose is functioning properly the fragrance can be felt !

I am yet to find someone who has a "Vision" and not just some "beliefs" in my correspondence . In fact not many have understood what was presented. Even more so, people saw me as "Attacking" LOL!

But ... all that aside. I do not intend to explain myself any further.

Thank you.

Love!
    Silence

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    I am yet to find someone who has a "Vision" and not just some "beliefs" in my correspondence .
    Yes, it is lonely at the top.
    Now you know how lonely God might be feeling!

Pranam.

Dear Believer,

I was explaining it elsewhere :

"one lesson i learn is that my vision never got shared all along ... I wish I could convey the vision more effectively or may be its not for me. It is like ... i was running away from a shadow taking it to be a ghost and then thanks to some noble people, i learn that it is only a shadow... and LO! in my joy i try to share it with people who think that i am actually an agent of the shadow ghost trying to seduce them to get gobbled by the shadow-ghost. "

It should not matter ! There is no other in Reality ... so whom was i trying to tell to ... and who took me to be an agent !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHWzN0E8wj0
    Ekla cholo re. -- the path of a vedantin is always alone, never lonely.

Love!
    Silence

Last edited by silence_speaks; 30 October 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Namaste,

'Ekla cholo re', is what the wise men practice in the mighty Himalayas. They wait until someone climbs to their level before they can share their vision!

Pranam.

Dear Believer,

There are two attitudes :

Ajagaa vritti : the attitude of a python, that sits in its place and the moment some animal reaches, it gobbles it up.

Madhukara vritti: The attitude of a honey bee which flies from flower to flower extracting out the honey!!

Both attitudes can be had ...
    and irrespective of what attitude one has ... a wise person is always alone ... never lonely.

Love!
    Silence

Exclamation Re: How to Delete Some Of Our Posts ?

Namaste,

I apologize for presenting my ideas
    authoritatively friends

If not all the time mostly I take time to re evaluate my decisions. So when I read this text in the Jalpa forum didn't respond immediately eventually the thread got closed. We at times decide at the spurt of the moment. So really wanted to know whether you meant what you wrote.I have been following your HDF activities keenly since reading the above mentioned text.

Instead offering your apology to others, (but where is that 2nd to accept or reject? Two leads or initiates Hell, no?) I believe you not only have to tender your apology to your own self but also have to forgive your ownself.

From all of your expressions made in the recent past understand you definitely need to sit back calmly and introspect your actions and more importantly reactions to your own actions.

By chance if you understand Tamil, you must have come across the old saying "Aanaikkum Adi Sarukkum".

In case you don't appreciate this message I have no problem in deleting this text.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 04 November 2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information