Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Semen retraction

Re: Semen retraction

Dear Eastern Mind ji,
    Namasthe!

There is one Truth. There is no "Vedantin's Truth" and "Vaishnavite's Truth".
    What ever system I follow, i should evaluate it properly before taking it up.

As Believer ji said it, Knowledge should be well appreciated - properly and systematically studied. One can easily get lost in the garbage that is expounded in the name of religion/Hinduism.

One would land oneself in more troubles by getting hooked to some wrong notions ... It was my intention to dissuade the follower from such problems and that was the reason for an intentional stern tone [which is usually unlike me].

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Further, our scriptures are called Darshana Shastras ... Darshana means a vision. They reveal a vision about our own true nature to us -- if only we approach a proper guru, he would not teach "Techniques" to gain some weird experiences... a proper guru would reveal the Truth with the aid of the Darshana Shastras. Thus one sees oneself even as one is taught. And thereafter one's efforts are only to own it up!

Love!
    Silence

Namaste silence,

In case you did not know, you can edit your previous post to add another idea that you forgot to write before. One does not have to start a new post for every line coming out at 2 minute intervals.

Pranam.

Dear Believerji,
    Thank you : ill do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    This sucking back of semen and many things associated with kundalini movements, and other far out concepts, are creative interpretations of Hinduism by people who watch too many star wars movies or smoke some undesirable things.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam B: Of course I agree with this. What I was addressing was the condescending tone. I've been around many different forums for a long enough time now to sense condescension when I see it. it's one thing to believe your particular path, be it whatever, is the correct one, and then totally another thing to tell everyone all about it, as if this version is THE Hinduism.

But thanks for the heads up. It may well be a waste of ones time. I shall withdraw now before I get scolded further.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste SS,

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    Seems to be related to some sort of tantric sadhanas.
    It is not purely TAntrik SAdhanA. It is approved by even Yoga-kriyAs mentioned in Upanishads. It is another thing that TAntra goes quite a few yards ahead of what Upanishads offer. Yoga-Kundalini Upanishad, Yoga-ChURAmaNi Upanishad and DhyAn Bindu Upanishad and other quite a few Upanishads talk about Kundalini and how to awaken it. Kundalini in normal people lies dormant in MoolAdhAr ChakrA and from there it ascends to AdhishThAn, Manipur, AnAhat and beyond upto SahasrAr.

Yoga-Kundalini Upanishad:

74. Kundalini assumes the eight forms of Prakriti (matter) and attains Shiva by encircling him and dissolves itself in Shiva.
    75. Thus Rajas-Sukla (seminal fluid) which rises up goes to Shiva along with Marut (Vayu); Prana and Apana which are always produced become equal.
    76. Pranas flow in all things, great and small, describable, or indescribable, as fire in gold

Yogchuramani Upanishad

The Kundalani power which is above the mooladhara, in its eight studded form would always be covering the mouth of Sushumna which is the gate of Brahman. 36

The Kudalani Parameshwari (goddess of the universe) who should go through the disease less gate of Brahma, closes this gate with her mouth and sleeps. 37

Because of the heat generated by the practice of yoga, because of the speed of wind, and because of her mental power, she stands up and using her needle shaped body, she would go up through the Sushumna Nadi. 38

Similar to opening the doors of the house by using the key, the yogi should open the gate to salvation using Kundalini. 39

These verses from Yoga-ChUDamani Upanishad talk about Khechari vidya and its effect on upwards movement of Bindu i.e. Semen. I couldn't find English translation of these verses readily, so I did it myself.

खेचर्या मुद्रितं येन विवरं लम्बिकोर्ध्वतः।
    न तस्य क्शीयते बिन्दुः कामिन्यालिङ्गितस्य च॥ ५७॥
    khecaryā mudritaṁ yena vivaraṁ lambikordhvataḥ |
    na tasya kśīyate binduḥ kāminyāliṅgitasya ca || 57||

====> That who has been able to move Kundalini upwards by the practice of Khechari won't shed semen (bindu) even on taking a woman in his arms.

ज्वलितोऽपि यथा बिन्दुः संप्राप्तश्च हुताशनम्*।
    व्रजत्यूर्ध्वं गतः शक्त्या निरुद्धो योनिमुद्रया॥ ५९॥
    jvalito'pi yathā binduḥ saṁprāptaśca hutāśanam |
    vrajatyūrdhvaṁ gataḥ śaktyā niruddho yonimudrayā || 59||

===> Even if thus heated semen comes to place of fire, it can be taken upwards by Yonimudra nirodh.
    स पुनर्द्विविधो बिन्दुः पाण्डरो लोहितस्तथा।
    पाण्डरं शुक्लमित्याहुर्लोहिताख्यं महारजः॥ ६०॥
    sa punardvividho binduḥ pāṇḍaro lohitastathā |
    pāṇḍaraṁ śuklamityāhurlohitākhyaṁ mahārajaḥ || 60||

सिन्दूरव्रातसङ्काशं रविस्थानस्थितं रजः।
    शशिस्थानस्थितं शुक्लं तयोरैक्यं सुदुर्लभम्*॥ ६१॥
    sindūravrātasaṅkāśaṁ ravisthānasthitaṁ rajaḥ |
    śaśisthānasthitaṁ śuklaṁ tayoraikyaṁ sudurlabham || 61||

बिन्दुर्ब्रह्मा रजः शक्तिर्बिन्दुरिन्दू रजो रविः।
    उभयोः सङ्गमादेव प्राप्यते परमं पदम्*॥ ६२॥
    bindurbrahmā rajaḥ śaktirbindurindū rajo raviḥ |
    ubhayoḥ saṅgamādeva prāpyate paramaṁ padam || 62||

वायुना शक्तिचालेन प्रेरितं च यथा रजः।
    याति बिन्दुः सदैकत्वं भवेद्दिव्यवपुस्तदा॥ ६३॥
    vāyunā śakticālena preritaṁ ca yathā rajaḥ |
    yāti binduḥ sadaikatvaṁ bhaveddivyavapustadā || 63||

शुक्लं चन्द्रेण संयुक्तं रजः सूर्येण सङ्गतम्*।
    तयोः समरसैकत्वं यो जानाति स योगवित्*॥ ६४॥
    śuklaṁ candreṇa saṁyuktaṁ rajaḥ sūryeṇa saṅgatam |
    tayoḥ samarasaikatvaṁ yo jānāti sa yogavit || 64||
    The above verses talk about two types of bindu (semen), one is white and the other is red. The red bindu is also called mahAraj. By moving upwards they are made to meet at a point where Yogi attains the highest state (in Yoga).

nothing to do with vedanta !
    As it is mentioned in Upanishads, it has to be accepted as VedAntic. Though I would not advise anyone to follow this path and it is not recommended by any school of SankarachAryA as far I know, it cannot be brushed aside as figment of imagination or without any scriptural support.

These kind of nonsense notions hold people back and also create some weird notions! One should have clarity as to what one is after...
    Whether it is nonsense or not, has to be decided by masters of the path. As per my information, Gorakhnath SamradAya uses this yoga.

if i want moksha, liberation ... i need to study moksha shastras, Bhagavad Gita. And that has to be learnt with shankara bhasyam..
    That is OK but Advaita has been practised in many forms by different paths and for that we have to be considerate towards them, imho.

Kundalini ideas mostly lead one astray in my view!
    This is not a correct view.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Dear Devotee ji,
    Namasthe!

Thank you for the information. You are right that if these are a part of an upanishad it has to be accepted as Vedantic. But one should be very careful in interpreting the upanishads. The meaning of the upanishads cannot be understood without the aid of a proper commentary.

It is very important to note that Bhagavad Gita does not speak of any such practices. Neither does Shankara in any of his prakarana granthas. We do not find such practices discussed in the major upanishads either !

Recently i heard of a certain "Allo-panishad" or "allah upanishad" !! Many of these upanishads are probably later additions. One should know that Shankara has clearly and very eloquently said that "Liberation is not possible with mere Upasanas/yoga" [Vivekachudamani].

So I feel that its better to be very cautious with such ideas ... esp if they are not discussed in Bhagavad Gita and the 10 major upanishads !

A few more important comments:
    1. Regarding Different people practicing Advaita Differently:
    one important comment, Advaita is not the name of a practice. No practice can lead one to Advaita, since Advaita is the state of affairs as it is Now. One does not start to experience a different world due to advaitic vision, the same experience is seen in different light. Even as , my knowing a mirage as mirage, does not disable me from seeing the mirage ! I see the mirage and yet do not run after it. The experience is the same. Only my interpretation varies.

2. Regarding only masters being able to tell whether its nonsense or not:

Once you see yourself as you are, you see whats to be dumped and whats valid. First mistake in taking up such ideas is that a practice can lead me to "Self", when i am already the Self. Shankara goes on arguing that Knowledge alone removes ignorance, no practice can. Second mistake: we do not know if those upanishads are valid or not. They are not even mentioned by shankara in any of his bhasyas !

3. Regarding Kundalini raising etc:
    What raises and where? You are Already the Self, where do you want to raise ?

Love!
    Silence
    Last edited by silence_speaks; 22 October 2014 at 01:02 AM.

Namaste SS,

I think it is time for me to say " I quit". Before bowing out, my two words :

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    It is very important to note that Bhagavad Gita does not speak of any such practices. Neither does Shankara in any of his prakarana granthas. We do not find such practices discussed in the major upanishads either !
    As I told you, there are different paths which aim at attaining Advaita. Bhagwad Gita doesn't endorse the path of Khechari, Vajroli, Yonimudra etc. but it doesn't mean that these are not valid paths.

Recently i heard of a certain "Allo-panishad" or "allah upanishad" !! Many of these upanishads are probably later additions. One should know that Shankara has clearly and very eloquently said that "Liberation is not possible with mere Upasanas/yoga" [Vivekachudamani].
    I would not like that these Upanishads which are one of the 108 Upanishads accepted without dispute in Hindu Dharma as per MuktikA Upanishads should be clubbed with Allopanishad. Allopanishad was an effort by DArA Shikoh who was fond of Upanishads, to amalgamate Hindu-Dharma and Islam. So, it is not that there are many such Upanishads.

So I feel that its better to be very cautious with such ideas ... esp if they are not discussed in Bhagavad Gita and the 10 major upanishads !
    I accept the authority of all 108 Upanishads and I have seen Advaitin Gurus quoting from many such Upanishads.

1. Regarding Different people practicing Advaita Differently:
    one important comment, Advaita is not the name of a practice. No practice can lead one to Advaita, since Advaita is the state of affairs as it is Now. One does not start to experience a different world due to advaitic vision, the same experience is seen in different light. Even as , my knowing a mirage as mirage, does not disable me from seeing the mirage ! I see the mirage and yet do not run after it. The experience is the same. Only my interpretation varies.
    I don't think this is what all paths leading to Advaita subscribe to. IMO, this version of Advaita philosophy advocated by Ramana Maharishi, AshTavakra, Nisargadatta Maharaj etc. is not the only reality. Most of the Advaitic Gurus do advocate different types of Yoga and Yoga-Kriyas. I have mentioned the name of Gorakhnath Sampradaya who practised this. Aghor-panthis, Kabir panthis etc. all are Advaitic traditions. Kabir does talks about Kundalini and chakras. Also, Kashmir Shaivism neither accepts Upanishads nor Bhagwad Gita as the supreme authority and yet it is Advaita path. Sufism highest aim is Advaita and it is an Islamic tradition.

2. Regarding only masters being able to tell whether its nonsense or not:

Once you see yourself as you are, you see whats to be dumped and whats valid. First mistake in taking up such ideas is that a practice can lead me to "Self", when i am already the Self. Shankara goes on arguing that Knowledge alone removes ignorance, no practice can. Second mistake: we do not know if those upanishads are valid or not. They are not even mentioned by shankara in any of his bhasyas !
    Yes, Knowledge does remove the ignorance but, imho, it is not bookish knowledge.

3. Regarding Kundalini raising etc:
    What raises and where? You are Already the Self, where do you want to raise ?
    You have every right to believe what you want to.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Dear Devotee ji,

There are bound to be different view points Devotee ji. And I am sure we are both matured enough to respect the differences. We can continue discussions, even if there are disagreements ... sharing ideas, sharing views and rationally debating certain points --- but with all the love in heart !

So let me elaborate what I am speaking about a little more:
    1. Adviata is not a path ... Advaita is what IS, as it IS. On this if some school disagrees, it is confused. It does not know what it is talking about. Coz Advaita is based on Shankara's teachings.

2. Path is for purification of mind... there can be different means to purify the mind. Amongst these Bhagavad gita speaks of certain means to purify. I consider these to be "Valid". Not to say that others are invalid... but i have serious questions on all the other methods. We can discuss method by method.... they wont stand to reason, in my view. May be barring some buddhist methods which are very useful.

3. Knowledge is not "Bookish" ever. Information is from Books. Knowledge is a vision, an understanding.

4. Knowledge alone leads to liberation is standard Shankaracharya statement. it is Advaita. There cannot be two opinions on it.

5. I am ok with 108 upanishads provided one goes with proper commentary and not reading from wiki pages.

Love!
    Silence

Namaste IcyCosmic Ji,

Difficult for me to accept these.

At my current state of understanding of sanathana dharma , I firmly believe that any one's spiritual progression is not impeded by their gender, caste , religion, wealth, race , position etc.

Every spiritual path open to man is equally available to a woman. If some 'special' techniques are narrated that expound on using 'semen', 'penis' , 'beard' , 'mustache' etc.. , I ignore them as something that won't help in my search.

Thread Information