Thread: The Doctrine of Absolute Power

The Doctrine of Absolute Power

I got a PM from satay asking me to spend sometime explaining Shaktibad to members here and clear some of the misunderstandings . After such a request it becomes my unavoidable duty to oblige. This post is just to set up some of the ground rules.

>Shaktibad is not a new religion, but definitely an entirely new perspective of our eternal scriptures. Hindu scripture of shruti (vedic and agamic) are eternal. But various acharyas have interpreted them in slightly differently which generally have to do with the Yuga or Age. As time changes fresh insight into the eternal scriptures are revealed. This has kept our religion an alive and evolutionary. Interpretation is only an aid to our understanding of the cosmos and thus a guide to our actions. I have put Shaktibad within Tantrik Monism, because it shares most affinity with ancient shakti traditions. Indeed it is borne out of such a parampara(the tradition of Gaudapada swami or briddha (old) bramhananda who was the paramguru of Sri Shankaracharya.

>Just like Ramkish's thread I will serially post (frequency will depend on my time in hand). It will help if questions are posted in a separate thread than this one.

>In explaining Shaktibad common symbolism of hindu deities or god's will be used. I prefer to call gods gods and not deities. These gods will be used denote various states of awareness of the human consciousness (will come to that later)~so members of a sect who consider the particular God to be ultimate are requested not to take this in a sectarian manner. This symbolism is common in tantras as well, where various God's and Goddes's denote various stages and various aspects of power. Outside tantras, sects generally consider all aspects of Godhead to be in their chosen symbol. However in context of shaktibad various Gods will be used to denote various aspects of the maha shakti. They are incomplete or divided~khanda. But this in context of this philosophy only and not outside. Please be careful here.

>Finally Shaktibad is a doctrine of action for workers. Our development doesn't only depend on the few hours we spend in upasana behind closed doors, but the entire life and thus how we interacts with society. Soceity is formed by humans and it's institutions are not created from thin air but borne out of the human head. We will see how various individual states of awareness correlates to various institutions of society. All hindu sects call for spending one's life in the service of society (seva). Shaktibad is no different~but the service here goes so much beyond the feeding of the hungry, that in modern age of sepration of church and state ("a western idea thrusted down our throat") , it may seem implications of Shaktibad is fully poiltical and of the radical kind (given current age). But that comes at a much later stage~not sure I will reach there. I first focus on individual sates of awareness which may help the apolitcial individuals as well. Even before that I will try to prepare the ground with a little dose of philosophy and ultimate nature of cosmos and creationism. Advaitins may find it very much their philosophy.

Will start discourse soon~
    S
    Last edited by Singhi Kaya; 04 May 2006 at 04:02 AM.

Thread Information