Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Astrologers! Can you identify a 'working' raja-yoga?

Re: Astrologers! Can you identify a 'working' raja-yoga?

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Further to my previous post I would like to explain the chart of a commonman Girl) having Raja Yogas.

Lagna - Thula having Moon (10th Lord) & Saturn (4th & 5th Lord).

Mercury (9th Lord) is in 7th house.

If you just see the above combinations the person has multiple Raja Yogaswithout analyzing the whole chart. He should be at least a Top Executive or a SuccessfulBusiness Man. But the reality is this girl is jobless especially in MercuryDasa.

Now as I mentioned in my earlier post the complete picture comes from the entirechart.

Here Moon & Saturn conjunction is a Dosha. That means both Saturn (KarmaKaraga) & Moon - 10th Lord for Karma has strongly afflicted. This means theperson will never get a job he is a capable of. Also this means Moon/Mind isalso strongly afflicted which is a major concern.

These two planets are aspecting the 9th lord causing further afflictingMercury.

This is a good example why Raja Yogas are not working as expected in commonman.

Thanks

Krishna
    Greetings!

Interesting example of how the observed (reality) defies the expected (Shani as yogakaraka par excellence for Tula lagna)! Even when in Kendra with dashamesh! Rather intriguing placement of the associated padas, as well! ;-)

Regards,

RR

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Namaste everyone,

In case of my hubby, he has Makara lagna and yogakaraka Venus is in own house in 10 and vargottam and lagnesha is very, very strong placed in own house in dhana-sthana Kumbha. This renders his chart very strong for materialistic pursuits. Besides the Sun is very powerful too, having exchanged signs with Mars and forming a powerful budha-aditya yoga. (And Mars the 11th lord is vargottama too). But he is not very spiritual owing to a weak Jupiter and Chandra lagna being spoilt by association with Rahu in Mithuna. During Saturn dasha, his career picked up.

Just thought of sharing!

Regards,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

If one has missed ( or not taken in consideration) the rāja yoga-s that form from the ārūḍha lagna and in my humble opinion from the ātmakāraka, one has missed a valuable and revealing combination.

The question to be asked is, when do I use these positions ? For what analysis ? I will leave it to the reader's study to pursue this line of thought.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Sorry, I did not mention my husband's AL. It is in Meena. So Saturn is really placed 12 to it, however, he did extremely well during Saturn mahadasha (1990 - 2009). Maybe as Yajvan ji points out, it is his Saturn's position from AK that is beneficial - AK is Rahu as stated already in Mithuna.

Hope it helps some!

Thanks,

Viraja

Viraja Ji,

Just a follow up comment. Moon/Saturn combination is one of the indications for as Astrolger. Mr B.V.Raman has this combination in hist chart in Rishabha.

The person whom I discussed is not very spiritual nor very religious. She is very practical person and in fact she questions some of the fundamentals of the religion

Reason being Venus - Lagna Lord sits in the 9th house with Rahu. I personally think Venus is fine with any position except 9th house being dharma house. Basic nature of Venus and 9th house don't match at all. On top of it Rahu is a materialistic planet which adds to the flavour.

Thanks
    Krishna

Viraja Ji,

Just a follow up comment. Moon/Saturn combination is one of the indications for as Astrolger. Mr B.V.Raman has this combination in hist chart in Rishabha.

The person whom I discussed is not very spiritual nor very religious. She is very practical person and in fact she questions some of the fundamentals of the religion

Reason being Venus - Lagna Lord sits in the 9th house with Rahu. I personally think Venus is fine with any position except 9th house being dharma house. Basic nature of Venus and 9th house don't match at all. On top of it Rahu is a materialistic planet which adds to the flavour.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Dear Krishna ji,

But doesn't Venus form the great tapaswi yoga with Ketu?

About 10 yrs ago I used to be passionate about astrology. I still have little interest, but my husband hates Jyotish shastra and he is #1 impediment who stops me from even approaching this shastra with marginal curiosity...

So, recalling from my memory, I used to read that an exalted Venus is most commonly found in profound spiritualists... that, a very strong Venus is conducive to bhakti yoga.. Please correct me if I am wrong!

In the example chart, I agree it must be the conjunction of Venus with Rahu that caused irreligiosity in the native! Isn't Rahu in the 9th house some kind of an 'arishta' to one's forefathers?

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Dear Krishna ji,

But doesn't Venus form the great tapaswi yoga with Ketu?

About 10 yrs ago I used to be passionate about astrology. I still have little interest, but my husband hates Jyotish shastra and he is #1 impediment who stops me from even approaching this shastra with marginal curiosity...

So, recalling from my memory, I used to read that an exalted Venus is most commonly found in profound spiritualists... that, a very strong Venus is conducive to bhakti yoga.. Please correct me if I am wrong!

In the example chart, I agree it must be the conjunction of Venus with Rahu that caused irreligiosity in the native! Isn't Rahu in the 9th house some kind of an 'arishta' to one's forefathers?
    Viraja Ji,

You are perfectly right regarding Venus. Exalted Venus and Venus & Ketu does indicate Saints and Sages. But this is an exceptional case provided other factors support this.

I've Venus & Ketu conjucted closely in my chart aspected by 9th lord exalted Mars & Saturn from my 5th. I'm married and have 2 little ones too But I've an inclination towards Religion, Spiritual matters etc. I have an inclination towards sainthood too...Lets see how life goes

Practically I've seen Venus in 9th house are not religious or spiritual.
    Also I've seen Guru & Ketu combination having similar effects in individuals.

Again Guru/Ketu combination is seen in saints chatrs too.

Some times I think we need 7th sense to debug a chart

Thanks
    Krishna

I've Venus & Ketu conjucted closely in my chart aspected by 9th lord exalted Mars & Saturn from my 5th. I'm married and have 2 little ones too But I've an inclination towards Religion, Spiritual matters etc. I have an inclination towards sainthood too...Lets see how life goes
    Dear Krishna ji,

Owing to you being a family man, I am not going to wish you goodluck with 'Sanyaasa Ashrama', 'cause what merit does marriage yield if not the married enjoy each others' company in old age? I hope that's not what your desire is.. But I can wish you good luck with being a 'Vanaprastha', I heard this doesn't involve Sanyasa but is equally good towards striving for saintliness.

Thanks for all your great insights!

Viraja

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Dear Krishna ji,

Owing to you being a family man, I am not going to wish you goodluck with 'Sanyaasa Ashrama', 'cause what merit does marriage yield if not the married enjoy each others' company in old age? I hope that's not what your desire is.. But I can wish you good luck with being a 'Vanaprastha', I heard this doesn't involve Sanyasa but is equally good towards striving for saintliness.

Thanks for all your great insights!

Viraja
    Dear Viraja Ji,

Thanks for your comments. Life always goes in comparison mode right Saint hood could be more attractive than Married Life for some people LOL...A spiritually inclined person accidently saw my hand when we were taking bath in a River during pilgrimage in India during my College Days.

He took my hands and was telling one day he will fall on my feet. I didnt get his thought. Then he told me I'll become a Saint He don't know any of the Occult Sciences. He is atleast 20 years older than me.

What I think is important in life is having a satisfied life irrespective of the state we are in. Some how I recollected the above thought now.

Again thanks for your wishes!

Thanks
    Krishna

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Saint hood could be more attractive than Married Life for some people
    Please note some of our most esteemed seers ( ṛṣi-s or some call kavi¹) where married. I will be happy to list them if you wish. The one that is most notable and you can read is yājñavalkya-ji. We can see his conversations with his wife(s) in the bṛhadarāṇyakopaniṣad.

Yet why are many saints not married ? It is one of perspective. They are married to the Supreme.

iti śivaṁ

1. kavi is from kū - gifted with insight; the ability to cognize the truth; some also use the term kavi as 'poet', as they composed the sonnets (śloka-s) of our śāstra-s & āgama-s from what they directly cognized in pure consciousness.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information